Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar NY

This place is utterly amazing. I am so impressed im nearly speechless...I went for the first time last night, and was really taken aback at the place....completely state of the art----amazing amazing amazing! I had a really debaucherous evening, full of evil evil adventures with some really fun people....old friends and new. this place is crazy, deranged, and anything goes...anything. extremely mixed crowd too makes for an ecclectic mix of nyc's finest. I definitely plan to frequent the place --- and finally nyc has an ice machine like miami and ibizaaaa! when I heard it set off last night i almost lost my mind...ive been wanting this in ny for so long...

the entire staff is more than welcoming, cordial, and cool. bartenders are HOT and they throw napkins just like in miami and dance their asses off. I'ts better than avalon for sure. ever since the fall began this city has been getting better and better and better----i love it.

Guest djdimaggio
This place is utterly amazing.  I am so impressed im nearly speechless...I went for the first time last night, and was really taken aback at the place....completely state of the art----amazing amazing amazing!  I had a really debaucherous evening, full of evil evil adventures with some really fun people....old friends and new.  this place is crazy, deranged, and anything goes...anything.  extremely mixed crowd too makes for an ecclectic mix of nyc's finest.  I definitely plan to frequent the place --- and finally nyc has an ice machine like miami and ibizaaaa!  when I heard it set off last night i almost lost my mind...ive been wanting this in ny for so long...

the entire staff is more than welcoming, cordial, and cool.   bartenders are HOT and they throw napkins just like in miami and dance their asses off.  I'ts better than avalon for sure.  ever since the fall began this city has been  getting better and better and better----i love it.

[glow=red,2,300]I totally agree. It's an amazing club. Did you get the chance to see the VIP section. Way cool![/glow]

NO VIP for me that night...I was with a group of friends (several people as well I hadnt seen in a very long time...) and we were busy on the dance floor and by the bar. There are many details to the evening that are too XXX for this forum, sadly, but this night at Crobar definitely goes in the top 10---I had so much fun and met alot of cool people, and some crazy shit went down---every weekend in this city is like vacation....its the best. I have so much fun it really is outrageous...

Guest djdimaggio
NO VIP for me that night...I was with a group of friends (several people as well I hadnt seen in a very long time...) and we were busy on the dance floor and by the bar. There are many details to the evening that are too XXX for this forum, sadly, but this night at Crobar definitely goes in the top 10---I had so much fun and met alot of cool people, and some crazy shit went down---every weekend in this city is like vacation....its the best.  I have so much fun it really is outrageous...

[glow=red,2,300]In the club or afterwards? Was Jes involved? I have high hopes for her...[/glow]

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]In the club or afterwards?  Was Jes involved?  I have high hopes for her...[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]I HAD high hopes for the Incalculable Italian Ingenue but going the way of Italian mama Jenna Jameson is just as juicy I suppose... ;D :-* :P ::)[/glow]

Guest joeygk

I'll agree w/ pretty much everything Evan said about Crobar....NYC finally has a super-club again. The space itself is massive & the crowd was banging', but can we talk about the music? That crap they were playing on Friday night was a joke (Saturday night was worse)....once again the clueless clubbers will come out & dance to anything. Let's step it up to the next level like Fabric London.

The music wasnt THAT bad....it was fun. I thought it was poppy at times but all in all it was a good time...iut was kind of universal. It was a DJ from montreal, I forget his name---

In my opinion, as long as I have amazing friends with me when I go out, they can play country western and I'll still be on stage shakin my ass. A situation is what you make of it sometimes.

Guest joeygk
The music wasnt THAT bad....it was fun.  I thought it was poppy at times but all in all it was a good time...iut was kind of universal.  It was a DJ from montreal, I forget his name---

In my opinion, as long as I have amazing friends with me when I go out, they can play country western and I'll still be on stage shakin my ass.  A situation is what you make of it sometimes.  

TRANCE IN YO PANTS!

snob. If you would have FOUND me like you said you would (my 12 calls to your cell would have easily led you to the incredibly conspicuous location where i was...) then you would have had more fun. I was in some rare form that night too---rare form for me is mighty naughty considering what is normal for me. jeje

Guest joeygk

I am a music snob -- I guarantee I'll start bitchin' when Sasha starts droppin' break beatz ---- I was furious during WMC he played breaks for like 2 hours!!! >:( >:(

Angel Morael, by the way, was the DJ at Crobar on fri night.  I enjoyed it

music snob though....all music snobs think it';s so cool---and I could care less if someone is a MS or not...but when an MS makes their opinionated opinions abundantly clear during a set or at a live event, Music snobbism transcends to Buzzkillism, which is UNACCEPTABLE....totally not cool and I hope you arent that way joey...

regardless i cant wait to tear up the dancefloor with you and everyone else tomorrow night!

Guest joeygk

Listen up -  my number one reason for going out is to enjoy the MUSIC - and I'm sorry but bad mixing or cheezy tracks is the biggest buzzkill in a club - it can kill the entire vibe - and is UNACCEPTABLE - (especially when you are shelling out $25 dollars to get into a club)!

I can't tell you how many times i've just walked off the dance floor b/c the music sucked --- MUSIC IS THE ANSWER.  You're still so green young grasshopper, you'll develop a deeper appreciation for the music in time.

honestly, I may be juvenile but I dont think that "Music is the Answer" will ever be my ENTIRE motto when I go out for an evening...rather the company im with and the spirit I have will always be the invariable. music is a variable...and to me is not consistently what I step on the dance floor entirely for...Obviously if I attend an event with a headlining DJ that im going solely to see, Music is the Answer. But a random night at Crobar or any other venue for that matter, forget about it, im more into the people im with and the theatre of the absurd that ensues. Hands down.

I think one of the problems with house heads and trance heads and metal heads and mullet heads etc etc etc is that they think their "gustos" are celestial and can never think outside of the borders of their limited imaginations when it comes to what makes them feel great. I mean, god, I Detest hip hop, but the other night at avalon, I was tearing it up with Jess in the hip-hop room at avalon....not because the music was on point for me, but because she is the best and I love her and being with her ==== IMHO, sometimes music can complement rather than centerfold....

Guest joeygk

I see your point but that doesn't work FOR ME. If I want to hang out w/ my friends we go to a bar or lounge.....I go to a Nightclub b/c I want to dance, and I'm only going to dance if I like the music, it's that simple.

*we've finally got some lively debate on the NYC board! ;D

Guest djdimaggio
I'll agree w/ pretty much everything Evan said about Crobar....NYC finally has a super-club again.  The space itself is massive & the crowd was banging', but can we talk about the music?  That crap they were playing on Friday night was a joke (Saturday night was worse)....once again the clueless clubbers will come out & dance to anything.  Let's step it up to the next level like Fabric London.  

[glow=red,2,300]Joey, you ambassador of dance. Maybe someday things 'll be this way in the US but until radio programming changes, they get people like Danny Tsettos and DJ Boris OFF the air and start to play GOOD dance music AND dance music becomes the trend, you'll always run into what you described above. It's the very reason Ibiza, the UK and Europe are way ahead of us in the dance music world. The entire community embraces the MUSIC![/glow]

Guest djdimaggio

MUSIC IS THE ANSWER.  You're still so green young grasshopper, you'll develop a deeper appreciation for the music in time.

Guest djdimaggio

may be juvenile but I dont think that "Music is the Answer" will ever be my ENTIRE motto when I go out for an evening...rather the company im with and the spirit I have will always be the invariable. music is a variable...and to me is not consistently what I step on the dance floor entirely for...

[glow=red,2,300]The bigger the trunk is in the trousers, the faster my feet move on the floor for me baby![/glow]

Guest djdimaggio

I think one of the problems with house heads and trance heads and metal heads and mullet heads etc etc etc is that they think their "gustos" are celestial and can never think outside of the borders of their limited imaginations when it comes to what makes them feel great.  I mean, god, I Detest hip hop, but the other night at avalon, I was tearing it up with Jess in the hip-hop room at avalon....not because the music was on point for me, but because she is the best and I love her and being with her ==== IMHO, sometimes music can complement rather than centerfold....