Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marco V @ arc last nite...

hosted a large party last evening----and we ended up at a german bar in the east village to start around 1am, and went to arc around 2:30. These were people in from out of nyc, so some of them were amazed that we were leaving my apartment to go out when they would normally be hearing the bells of "last call" at home.

Marco V spun very, very hard trance the entire night. I had a good time, but not amazing. Some of his songs were very cheezy and sometimes I felt like it was music from the old Atari "pac man" game. He got a lot better around 4am...from 4-5:30 he spun several trax that I enjoyed, including a couple trax from Nyana and several trax that I dont know the id'd from but are on tiesto's set from Miami on the 4th of July. He spun a terrible remix of born slippy --- that record should be shattered over his head.

The staff at arc was actually very pleasant this time. the crowd was honestly 2/3rds asian...I havent seen such a predominantly asian crowd since Exit a few years ago. The rest of the crowd was very mixed as well...not as mixed as a danny show, ---Id say it was predominantly asian, little bit of B & T, few tourists, a handful of good looking gay's, some hot chix, etc etc. I love mixed crowds, and this made the evening a bit more interesting.

Too much hard trance can be very exhausting---not having abreak to chill...I found that sometimes Id be dancing and then just stop...it was kind of a tease.

but he looks good spinning---he was wearing a puma pull-up, i think, and I like his shaven head- he wasnt overly animated while spinning, but had a moment here and there where he would play with the crowd.

There is a new coatcheck guy too, thank god! The coat Nazi is finally gone from that place...