Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the scoop with CrobarNY for the pre-opener?

Guest djdimaggio

Guest timoconnell

Hey Dimaggio,

I was spinning around the corner from Crobar last night and the area was mobbed. People were everywhere and our place (Brite Bar) was slammin. Word on the street afterward was that it was a good night and good vibe inside Crobar. Heavy B&T crowd supposedly? Streets were a mess afterwards with Crobar flyer litter everywhere though...kind of reminded me of South Beach.

Tim

Guest djdimaggio
Hey Dimaggio,

I was spinning around the corner from Crobar last night and the area was mobbed. People were everywhere and our place (Brite Bar) was slammin. Word on the street afterward was that it was a good night and good vibe inside Crobar. Heavy B&T crowd supposedly? Streets were a mess afterwards with Crobar flyer litter everywhere though...kind of reminded me of South Beach.

Tim

[glow=red,2,300]Hey Tim~

That's so bazaar...as I was leaving Crobar I walked by your place and looked in the window and watched a DJ spinning right by the window at Brite Bar for a minute or 2 and thought I had read something on the message board about you at this place but it totally slipped my mind so sorry I missed you last night but I'll be by there again tonight and tomorrow night so if you're gonna be around then let me know and I'll stop in.Look forward to meeting you![/glow]

My flight got in from Cleveland last night after a 6 hour delay :o

winds in nyc were too strong for my flight to leave....let me tell you though, I was on a 25 seater from CLE to LGA....it was so fkin turbulent girlz were screamin and kids were cryin. poosies. I had PVDs live at energy blastin in my ears and the turbulence just let me dance without having to choreograph.

When I got in it was so cold and my car service was late,...my head was pounding from the flight and the wind while i waited for 6666666 carmel that I went home and buried my head in a pillow and woke up late for work today. Im not disappoiinted though...club openings dont do it for me....i hate the crowds and think they rarely live up to the hype...the second week is usually the time to go, imo.

how was it , though? did you guys have fun, I want a full description of the venue.

charles, great job on reporting so much this week on the ny site, sir. im impressed, and it is nice to see such fresh reports in there. must have had a real bender bangin all those out so fast! ;)

Guest timoconnell

Yeah that's crazy. From the amount of traffic I saw along 10th Ave, Crobar must have been packed. Originally there was a private party (with their own djs) scheduled for this Saturday at Brite Bar but they backed out and it looks like I'm on. I was planning to meet up with you guys at Abaya to introduce myself but I won't be able to make it. Swing by after Abaya if you're in the area. I'd definitely like to meet everyone! I start at 9pm, I spin until the evening ends.