Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD and Nick Warren this weekend, 11/14 and 15th

Pvd on fri and Nick warren on saturday.  (Roxy and Avalon)  

anyone else going?  This is a big weekend, sure to shave a few more years off this amazing life.  

Whenever I think like this I am reminded of a great Woody Allen quote:

"If we lived to be 100 we'd have to give up all the things that make us want to live to be 100."  

Guest joeygk

Is that trance in yo' pants or are you just happy to see me? I'll be at the Roxy on Friday ------> I've been tricked & bamboozled into going - that damn Vicman! :D

*so how many fairy trance breakdowns does a DJ have to drop before his set becomes "Epic?" :P ::) ???

Im just happy to see you :D

So Joseph, no more trip to DC? very cool. DJ Dimaggio is attending the event as well, I believe. we should all meet up somehow. I'll be with about 10 people, mostly from out of town, (latin lover too!) Im sure we will have a pre-party and you're more than welcome to come! it will surely be fantastic..or we can see u there-

Guest djdimaggio

DJ DiMaggio will be in the house for the Dykster and it would be nice if we could do a "cooljunkie before the party crawl" so I say let's use the message board to set up a roll call of attendees. Reply if you're interested...Evan, I have yet to and absolutely want to meet you as well as Joey K. Do you want to meet at your place Evan or the cooljunkie new york studio?

Guest joeygk

there are already like 30 people up for the pre-party/meet-up ----- yo that sh*t starts at 9pm --- I'm gonna be RETARDED! It's gonna be a wicked pissa! :D

Joseph you are outta control :o

I think it is compulsory that we get together this evening! Charles, you know who is in charge when it comes to little pre-parties--so Ill post to you all a bit later and let you know the place to be tonight before the sho tonite- Charles, will you email me your cell phone # again? likewise for you Joey

Ive got my hands on the PVD closing set from Sept 19th @ amnesia....honest to god people I think this might be (in my personal opinion) the greatest single set Ive ever heard...the transitions and track selections are heavenly---I walk with it in my headphones to work and I nearly faint---Amazing shit----I hope he spins a set even remotely close to this one. I'll probably play the 3 CD set this evening before we all head to the roxy--- I know that's kind of cheezy but it's better than wearing the band's T-Shirt to the concert, right?

8)First of all, s*#*heads, Tiesto is my favorite and I interviewed him and held my load just fine.  

I am not a dork because I love certain trance types of music DJs.  It makes me feel good, and im not afraid to admit it because i know im a cool guy i just like a type of music that most cool people do not.  I take the road less traveled by and you are all jealous 8)

Guest nickjunkie
8)First of all, s*#*heads, Tiesto is my favorite and I interviewed him and held my load just fine.  

I am not a dork because I love certain trance types of music DJs.  It makes me feel good, and im not afraid to admit it because i know im a cool guy i just like a type of music that most cool people do not.  I take the road less traveled by and you are all jealous 8)

You got me 8)

yes i did.

PS, pvd last nite was a great time---such variations of genres spun throughout the nite---each transitiion kept the set unique. yes there was some realy epic shit and there were breaks and even a portion of old german techno...good stuff and I had a pretty amazing time with my friends...

Time to head over to avalon for nick warren. a moredetailed report of both will follow soon!

Guest joeygk

PVD ~~~~~~~~~~> can you say 'fairy trance breakdown' - the man is so predictable - he had a formula all night >>> three hard bangin' german trance trax, mix, breakdown, mix, soothing epic 'melodic' trance track, repeat.

Avalon - Nick Warren/Tall Paul -

Tall Paul - the last time I saw this guy spin was in London at the Turnmills and he's seemed to changed up his sound a lot. He was playing a lot of techy-prog tracks (two were from the Recent Sander CD) and a lot harder then I remember. *and btw - tall paul, not so tall - I mean if you're gonna call yourself "tall" you better be like 6'7 or something....okay.

Nick Warren came on w/ a really rock infused progessive sound, he dropped yet another killer remix of PQM - 'are you sleepin' (no scratch, no snatch) ~ all in all it was a good set but I must admit that I like Warren alot better when he plays w/ Jody for Way Out West. The crowd was really lame, a lot of cheasy yuppie types - luckily the crew was rockin it out in full effect behind the dj booth all night ----- the unoffical cool zone! ;)

well that was a weekend indeed. so strong. im still recovering. I want to talk abouyt NIck Warren first....

First thing first, im very impressed with avalon and everything they have done with that place. They are developing a better crowd as time goes by...a vibe is forming and the seed is planted----all of the employees are kind and friendly....a rare, rare rare rare find at an nyc mega-disco. :) (Anyone ever had an encounter with the coatcheck loser at ARC??? ) there will always be tourists there but Im convinced, after seeing nick warren, that there are good things to come for Avalon as they continue to bring class acts to that venue. the sound system is AMAZZZZZING! no way there is a better sound system in manhattan. I had to cover my ears for a minute here and there----cover my ears?? that's outrageous, ive never had to do that.

the new video screens they have below the DJ booth is also state of the art and great---Id like to review the event and describe all of these things, so I wont go into anymore detail, I ll just say that Nick threw down one of the best sets Ive ever heard in nyc and I will definitely be following his whereabouts and sets from now on. Good s$#t indeed. never ever stopped dancing for a single second---never ever went to the bathroom, never left my space with my friends...seriously, not once.

on the way home, there was a terrible car accident in front of us...a woman ran a red lite and slammed into the taxi in front of us...airbags were everywhere and smoke and our taxi driver somehow managed to avoid crashing into their accident...i dont know how---it was so close. I was very confused-

Charles, i wish I came into pvd with you and Roberta...she is a nice lady... I almost didnt get into the show !! My friends and I were on the house list for the nite, like i usually do with the roxy...so we had no tickets or anhything. when we got there Bindra's wife would not let us in! I was losing my mind...thought i wasnt gonig to get in, until finally the contact who usually takes care of us came over and spoke with her. We had to slip her $80. How nice. yes they were really losing money that nite, as was evident by the 4,000+ people they jammed in there for $40 per ticket...

Im very glad that you reviewed the event because I would have had nothing good to say about the way Bindra and his people handle their events. They are known to be barbaric, heartless people and I really hope that something terrible happens to their entire operation. Many, many people in the nightlife industry, from DJs to club owners, etc all complain about how horrible Bindra is. I was thoroughly embarassed in front of my friends who were all here from South America.

Guest djdimaggio
well that was a weekend indeed.  so strong.  im still recovering.  I want to talk abouyt NIck Warren first....

First thing first, im very impressed with avalon and everything they have done with that place.  They are developing a better crowd as time goes by...a vibe is forming and the seed is planted----all of the employees are kind and friendly....a rare, rare rare rare find at an nyc mega-disco.  :)   (Anyone ever had an encounter with the coatcheck loser at ARC??? )  there will always be tourists there but Im convinced, after seeing nick warren, that there are good things to come for Avalon as they continue to bring class acts to that venue.  the sound system is AMAZZZZZING!  no way there is a better sound system in manhattan.  I had to cover my ears for a minute here and there----cover my ears?? that's outrageous, ive never had to do that.  

the new video screens they have below the DJ booth is also state of the art and great---Id like to review the event and describe all of these things, so I wont go into anymore detail, I ll just say that Nick threw down one of the best sets Ive ever heard in nyc and I will definitely be following his whereabouts and sets from now on.  Good s$#t indeed.  never ever stopped dancing for a single second---never ever went to the bathroom, never left my space with my friends...seriously, not once.

on the way home, there was a terrible car accident in front of us...a woman ran a red lite and slammed into the taxi in front of us...airbags were everywhere and smoke and our taxi driver somehow managed to avoid crashing into their accident...i dont know how---it was so close.  I was very confused-

Charles, i wish I came into pvd with you and Roberta...she is a nice lady... I almost didnt get into the show !!  My friends and I were on the house list for the nite, like i usually do with the roxy...so we had no tickets or anhything.  when we got there Bindra's wife would not let us in!  I was losing my mind...thought i wasnt gonig to get in, until finally the contact who usually takes care of us came over and spoke with her.  We had to slip her $80.  How nice.  yes they were really losing money that nite, as was evident by the 4,000+ people they jammed in there for $40 per ticket...

Im very glad that you reviewed the event because I would have had nothing good to say about the way Bindra and his people handle their events.  They are known to be barbaric,  heartless people and I really hope that something terrible happens to their  entire operation.  Many, many people in the nightlife industry, from DJs to club owners, etc all complain about how horrible Bindra is.  I was thoroughly embarassed in front of my friends who were all here from South America.  

:oDude, very sorry to hear that. The truth is that PVD doesn't belong @ Roxy, he should be at Hammerstein or Metropolitan Ballroom because, as you could see, the place was way to packed. And to be frankly quite honest, if I wouldn't have went in with Roberta, I most probably wouldn't have went in. >:( I refuse to deal with those lines, especially when I have a few hours of writing work afterwards. I've run into the same problem @ Avalon, where they make you stand on line for 30-45 minutes meanwhile all the bottle service peeps get rushed right in so I've left there a few times and the venue received no review. I would love to review events there but I'm not standing in line for a half an hour. I'm working and that's not apart of the job description :-/