Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming events at Avalon...looks nice....

Well well it looks like finally someone is in charge at the old limelight!

This weekend is Seb Fontaine and Saeed and Palash. Should be a good show :)

coming up in October, BT, Sandra Collins, Tall Paul, Nick Warren, Dave Ralph...yes! 8)

of course these are saturday nites. Sunday nites will remain nyc's tremendous gay party :-*

Seb Fontaine has actually begun to gain more respect in UK over the past couple of years. He was always one of those 'dance music for the masses', but he seems to have dropped the more chart friendly tunes (stuff that often gets released commercially), and played the more underground and harder stuff. In fact, he's been dabbling in funky house as well, even played at Pacha.

I've only heard one of BT's sets, and it was good. Very deep and groovy house. I'd be interested to see what he's like these days, since he left the whole epic house thing behind. Tall Pall, what happened to him? He drowned in the whole trance thing before going quiet. Nick Warren - I've always liked him, and especially like that Global Underground mix he did recently. Awesome.

Any of these nights on at the end of October? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

honestly, avalon is OK. I mean, it's fun, but the crowd is pretty mediocre. There isnt a real vibe that I felt when I went there to see BT, but hopefully that will change this month when we go to see Nick Warren and Ferry Corsten. IM excite dto see nick, never seen him spin before...

i will say that avalon is definitely a cool venue when it comes to art and architechure. you can get completely lost in the maze and walking up little spiraling staircases is a trip. The chick DJing by the bathroom is fun too.

I dont know what else to really say about it. It's a good time as long as the DJ headlining is what you like. DOnt expect the crowd to be going nuts with you...most of them are from out of town and call it "techno night".

Guest joeygk

the setup of the bathroom @Avalon reminds me of Fabric- London ------ ;D

So my friend just got hired as a dancer @Spirit and they're scheduled to open on Nov 28th --- said they're supposed to be having some massive opening parties (too bad I'll be in Miami that weekend) - I wonder if the crowd from Avalon will wander over - nobody seems to be too into the music anyways?!?!