Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD to spin at Hammerstein Ballroom

for all fans, pvd will be spinning on or around the 15th of November in Hammerstein Ballroom. For anyone who has been to this venue, you know the show should be amazing! The sound system isnt AS loud as some other places, but the sheer beauty of the venue,complemented by the painted enormous cieling and incredible balcony should make for a celestial evening. I cant wait :)

anyone think they will go?

its pretty versatile actually. Its a big open space, and it's actually great to see DJs there. I went to a show a couple of years there, saw a few DJs spin and it was superb. Also, Victor Calderone spun there with a 50 piece orchestra a couple of months ago---supposedly it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

apparently the event will be on that wednesday. too bad. no more parties for this junkie on weekdays. might have to catch him at space on the 22d of november instead. I didnt go see him at space during the past wmc...which everyone and their mother told me was a HUGE mistake...apparently that show was of epic proportions.

Guest joeygk

The PVD set during WMC wasn't all that ------> it was all hyped up b/c PDiddy was in the booth for most of the night.....I guess it was alright, but I'm biased b/c I hate that kind of trance ---- he was bangin' it pretty damn hard by the end of the night - sounded like Picotto.

I wasnt there, but I think my friends would crucify you if you ever told them you thought the show was OK.  :)

but then again...we all prefer our own styles...and as a trance lover myself (amongst other genres), I would never be critical of a not so hot PVD review.  God knows how many trance "in your pants" haters there are out there.  :P

the night of pvd at the conference i ended up at nerve for Satoshi and then at Maze for James Holden and Scumfrog. they were pretty good, although the venue was practically empty. I saw Satoshi in ibiza this past july at Pacha and that was quuuuuite a show!

PS: screw P-Diddy. Anyone who says "lets get up and lets get ill" 36,000 times over and over again in one track deserves the crucification, if anyone.

Guest joeygk

Trance in yo pants

That's so funny --- we started the night out at BED for Danny Howells and then went to Maze to hear Scumfrog & Holden b4 heading over to Space for PVD (we had to leave Maze b/c John Creamer was rockin' the snooze bar w/ a lot of bullsh*t dub). ;D

I've already been tricked into attending the PVD event on the 14th - (friends from DC are gonna drag me kickin' & screamin)! "hello'moto"

Guest tammytab

also:

Paul van Dyk Live!

Record Release DJ performance

Monday, October 6th at 11pm

Virgin Megastore Times Square

(45th Street & Broadway)

Join Paul van Dyk for an exclusive DJ set as he launches the release of his brand new artist album, Reflections. Paul van Dyk will also sign copies of Reflections, upon the album's official release at midnight, immediately following his DJ set.

Beginning Friday, October 3rd, stop by Virgin Megastore Times Square to pre-purchase your copy of Paul van Dyk's Reflections. You will automatically receive a VIP pass and a Reflections gift card, which admits you into the event, where you'll pick up your pre-purchased copy of Reflections. The VIP pass also reserves you a spot in line to get your copy of Reflections autographed by Paul van Dyk, after his DJ set. Only the first 100 VIP pass holders are guaranteed to meet Paul van Dyk, so sign up soon -- space is limited!

Reflections, the first new artist album from Paul van Dyk in 3 years, will be available October 7th on Mute Records. Catch Paul van Dyk at The Roxy on Friday November, 14th!