Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A message to all the junkies out there.

V. Barbarino

Guest fredda

Hey guys...Trance doesn't suck!!!

I do like it!!! It doesn't matter what else is new out there! I will always love trance!

:D

Sure no probs.

Current faves include:

Lost Tracks Volume 1 by Needs - "The Piano Track" is still a bomb

Lance Desardi - Waterfall - Lance showing how deep vocals should be done.

Tweet - Boogie 2 Nite - Bobby D'Ambrosia Mix (CDR) - Blowing up!!

King Britt feat. Quasimoto - Spaces - Funked up hip hop yo!

Jasper St Company - Another Day - The Blaze mixes rock.

MAW Expensive - Dimitri's Re-Touch - Better than the original? Could be.

That's a flavour but really I love all music with soul and funk, be it Detroit Techno, Soul, Disco, whatever. I'm not being arrogant at all, just expressing my humble opinion - there's not many musical styles that I would criticise as music is a very personal thing, but, I'm sorry, trance is soulless nonsense listened to by people who just haven't been exposed to real dance music yet.

So, Colonel Sanders, grab my chicken wing and tear away, just make sure you back up your points.

Peace!

DB

Guest shannon_coolj.

Hmmmm...that's an opinion, deep beats.

I thank trance sucks as well but obviously, thousands of people don't....

All I know is that I avoid George Acosta like the plague.

Your track list is fine Deep Beats, I actually wanted you to name a genre, me I prefer to keep my tastes open, there are some bad trance tunes out there but there also plenty of bad house,techno etc etc, just because a certain genre of music is classified as 'trance' doesn't mean it's all the same, ambient is very popular, big trance backbone there, progressive house has grown from trance/house mixes, this genre has so much to offer and people hound it like it's a cheap piece of meat.

I respect your opinions, of course, I just think it could only improve the scene if people weren't so 'rigid' about what genres of music they liked or dis-liked.

Or even better offer up something else that packs 100,000's into a full venue to listen to Oakie, or Tiesto, or Paul V D, and they play what now ? btw Tiesto voted NO 1, maybe your making your point to the wrong people deep beats, because there are plenty of people out there willing to spend hard earned cash on trance.

P.s. I did play D.Ramirez's remix of the Punk Kidz - chocolate room @ opium garden and it went over rather well, maybe miami is ready for techno , given the right presentation ?

I couldn't possibly just name a genre of dance music, like I said, I like anything with soul and funk. To be honest I hate the genreisation (is that a word??) of dance music - when I started listening to dance music it wasn't catagorised as it is today. This catagorisation is a media generated marketing tool. If I'm perfectly honest, I shouldn't say "I hate trance" it's just that I know the type of records I'm talking about when I say that and I know that others will too - we're all victims of pigeonholing.

A lot of the records I play are pretty trancey (Francois Kevorkian tracks for instance) but I couldn't call them trance because they would never get dropped in a "Trance" set by a "Trance" DJ.

It's a tricky subject and I could go on all day but I'd better do some work!!

LOL ok well I agree we could discuss this 24/7 but it's nice to see that somebody else takes music 'seriously enough' to actually argue the point 'seriously enough', and there are certain types of what I would call 'radio trance' that I feel should be burned and the ashes flown directly into the sun, never to be heard again, but I can say that about many things.

Guest shannon_coolj.

Ok, I have to admit--deep-beats post with the little DJ and smiley faces was funny.

Radio trance should be flown into the sun...that's the truth. Where I'm from (Atlanta) we call it Circus trance.

That's the name that pretty much sums it up.