Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what's everyone think of the new CoolJunkie site?

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]Any thoughts or suggestions? We defy wanna hear 'em all so don't be shy. Anything...[/glow]

Guest timoconnell

I love the new look of the site guys. Very clean. The intro page is smart...definitely dig that. Great job. Wish I could post more but I rarely have free time in front of the computer.

Guest endymion
I preferred when 'new' was to the left of the forum subject. Looked neater.

Hm, true. I can change that. Thanks!

And Evan, I am about to extend the PM feature to the main site as well, so you would have a side box when you first hit cooljunkie.com that tells you if you have any mail. We will eventually be replacing the forum mail thingy with an extremely sophisticated closed-circuit web-based email system that is immune to spam and can handle attachments. That won't be coming immediately because we're in a biz cycle now to capitalize on our momentum, but it's on the list.

I do love it!

I am very proud of you guys!!! ;)

Hi Fredda! It's Evan, remember we were talking about Ibiza when I was in Spain this summer? I'm sure I'll be back in Espana at some point this summer (I think I have to go back at least once a year....airline miles have accrued nicely) definitely need to get to ibiza again but this time im flying directamente desde Madrid! Those ferries are rough on the way back...

Guest nickjunkie

looks noice. you guys planning to add a DC page? ???

Absolutely vicman - we're working with someone up there as we speak to get it ready. If you happen to know anyone in the scene up there please let me know...

Guest djdimaggio

looks noice. you guys planning to add a DC page? ???

Absolutely vicman - we're working with someone up there as we speak to get it ready. If you happen to know anyone in the scene up there please let me know...

[glow=red,2,300]Are you updating while in the air or have you hit the ground in NYC yet? Bizarre seeing updated posts on the MB when I'm waiting for you guys. [/glow]

Guest vicman
If you happen to know anyone in the scene up there please let me know...

Vic is the scene up there! ;D

werd . . . 8)

Guest djdimaggio

Yeah, Dimaggio is buying!! OK, so does that mean we have to fly to NYC to collect or you kids coming back down??

;D

[glow=red,2,300]DiMag is buying EV a garrot to muzzle dat mouth! ;D[/glow]

Guest fredda

I do love it!

I am very proud of you guys!!! ;)

Hi Fredda! It's Evan, remember we were talking about Ibiza when I was in Spain this summer? I'm sure I'll be back in Espana at some point this summer (I think I have to go back at least once a year....airline miles have accrued nicely) definitely need to get to ibiza again but this time im flying directamente desde Madrid! Those ferries are rough on the way back...

Hello Evan...of course I remember you...how is everything? are you going to Ibiza this summer then? that's is so cool...when will you be going? Why are you going to leave from Madrid? Do you know that from Barcelona is even cheaper? That is what i did last year? where are you staying this time?

Wow...you will have to tell me everything about it...

...and please, if you have a chance go to Ibiza's oppening party! it is the best!!! also, try to at least spend one day at Formentera...it just cost 10 euros to get there: half an hour and you will be watching a paradise... you'll love it!

will you go San Sebastian again?

Guest fredda

By-the- way DJ DiMaggio: I just want to say: IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET YOU!

Rob read to me all the nice things you said here in the forum about me and Rob as well as your kind wishes to us...that was very sweet! :D

I want to tell you also that anytime you need you can count on us and that you have a new house here in Miami...so you are welcome anytime.

Also, remember I will be happy to colaborate with you in your new project...just email me if you need anything...We are business partners, arent' we? ;)

I hope to see you soon! when are you coming back!?

A few questions about the new site:

1. I notice that if you go to cooljunkie.com in your web browser, it goes directly to the miami site. Is that permanent?

2. Will there be a conspicuous link to the forums on the main sites? I see that that is gone. Are people finding the forums now because they put two and two together or am I missing something here?

3. If I recall correctly, with the old version of the site, one could receive only 10 Private Messages. Is that still the case? If not, how many can we receive?

4. And I remember when I first started coming to this forum, I eventually noticed that I had messages after a few weeks. Maybe down the line it could flash somehow, or alert the user that they have messages---ya know? Just a thought. :)

Guest nickjunkie

1. I notice that if you go to cooljunkie.com in your web browser, it goes directly to the miami site. Is that permanent?

2. Will there be a conspicuous link to the forums on the main sites? I see that that is gone. Are people finding the forums now because they put two and two together or am I missing something here?

3. If I recall correctly, with the old version of the site, one could receive only 10 Private Messages. Is that still the case? If not, how many can we receive?

4. And I remember when I first started coming to this forum, I eventually noticed that I had messages after a few weeks. Maybe down the line it could flash somehow, or alert the user that they have messages---ya know? Just a thought. :)

1. It only goes to Miami if that's the last site you visited, but we'll check if that includes the forums...

2. In the main nav bar, forums is second from bottom, and we'll also be including a new sidebar linking to hot topics which should push people through.

3. No limit on PM's as far as I know. If there is it's a big number.

4. There will be a dedicated sidebar across the site alerting you when you have PM's.

Keep em coming dude - all good points 8)

1. It only goes to Miami if that's the last site you visited, but we'll check if that includes the forums...

2. In the main nav bar, forums is second from bottom, and we'll also be including a new sidebar linking to hot topics which should push people through.

3. No limit on PM's as far as I know. If there is it's a big number.

4. There will be a dedicated sidebar across the site alerting you when you have PM's.

Keep em coming dude - all good points 8)

I see, I must have visited Miami and then it proactively led me there thereafter. Now that I visited NYC, cooljunkie.com leads me to the ny page. I liked the original page with the subway-like (resembles the "circular line" on the Madrid Metro, has anyone told you that? very cool...) the only thing that could be concerning about leading directly to the user's home city is that it locks them into that page, and for those users not thrifty enough or knowledgable of CJ might not fish around the various sites....even though there are links on the homepage to the other cities....hmmmm. I'll think about that- I liked seeing the homepage with the subway-line of cities to choose from...regardless of whether or not it was an extra click, it still showed the scope of CJ.

Have you thought of having a button that said "Would you like to make Cooljunkie your homepage?" I have CJ as my homepage, which I love. other people would love that, but dont know how to do it technically through IE, or whatever web browser they use. Having it pop up automatically for those who choose this option could naturally generate more readership. ;D

I'll throw out ideas as they come to me.

Guest nickjunkie

We have a system where once a month you'll be sent back to that subway page to see if there are other cities online, but we wanted to be sure it wouldn't be annoying having to deal with that every time you hit the site.

Also the home page idea is a great one - we had that on the old site but haven't added to the new one yet. I'll do that today...

got ya. the only thing I would be apprehensive about with the site going directly to the city is a situation like this...which is bound to happen, i just dont know how much. The fact that it happened to me, a person who is on CJ religiously, is kind of bizarre.

someone goes to the CJ miami site once just to peek, and from there on in, the site automatically bring them to miami---until that one month period is up I guess...seems constricting and a stitch in time that doesnt really save nine. I feel like the metro-line of cities is not an annoyance, but bait for people to visit the various sites....at least it is more dramatic bait than the individual sites having links within. I think that if people really are gung-ho about having it get directly to their home city, they would do it themselves within IE...

i guess im thinking that with fledgling sites like NY and San Juan, it may behoove them to leave that extra step in--- i dunno. :D

Guest nickjunkie

If someone peeks at Miami, they'll only be taken back there the next time they hit the site, but once they switch back to NY (using the prominent and handy 'change city' box), they'll be taken back there again.

It's kinda the lesser of two evils, as being sent to the map every time you hit the site will get annoying pretty quickly for people who don't like to waste time... We'll see what the reaction is over the next few months though, to see if that becomes a problem.