Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for music producers....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I've been producing music for several years and I know that all of us sometimes gets in that production rut where we keep creating the same sounds over and over again. So when this happens I tend to go to my small loop library on CD and search for the right sounds.

My question is, I'm bored with my loop library and I was looking for some suggestions for some solid loop libraries on CD out there or better yet, websites that you can buy blocks of data and download loops, samples etc, royalty free..

One online site I sometimes use is www.primesounds.com I purchased a 50MB block but it's taking me a while to go through it still because I hardly find good stuff on there. Or maybe my search paramiters aren't correct when I use their site.

And regarding CD loop libraries, I'm of course looking for current sounds (Not old sounds or loop files that sound like they came from the mid 90's you know?) to construct, Progressive, Tech House or just plain old House music.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated..Thanks...

Guest swirlundergrounder

some djs (not all of them) usually offer "loops" made by themselves ..

Are you talking about Techno DJ's that create endless loops or are you talking about DJs who place additional loops on their records when they are released.

I took a hiatus from recording to develop some DJ gear & tour just as a DJ... and when I went back everything sounded outdated to me!

:-X >>>>>> Even the new stuff!

Lately I've gone back to the good old fashion way of samplin' my own (or borrowed gear), thus creating my own library of loops & sounds... Now I mesh that with the few things I do like (like BT's Loop library) and once in a while BIG FISH audio or some ACID loops.

"Sometimes its not the sounds you have, but how they are used & appear to the outside perspective.."

BTW: What prog. are you using ?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I took a hiatus from recording to develop some DJ gear & tour just as a DJ... and when I went back everything sounded outdated to me!

:-X >>>>>> Even the new stuff!

Lately I've gone back to the good old fashion way of samplin' my own (or borrowed gear), thus creating my own library of loops & sounds... Now I mesh that with the few things I do like (like BT's Loop library) and once in a while BIG FISH audio or some ACID loops.

"Sometimes its not the sounds you have, but how they are used & appear to the outside perspective.."

BTW: What prog. are you using ?

Regarding BTW what prog are you using..? You see that's just it. I spin prog house but I end up making house tracks. Like I said above, I try to make my own stuff, but there are times in the production process when you feel as if you are missing something and a lot of times it's something that I can't make but it may be a sound that I can use off a loop or sample library. I've heard of Big Fish Audio before. Is there anything within their collection that you can suggest? Thanks