Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dear Mr. Tenaglia,

Guest KrisKat

Guest KrisKat

Dear Mr. Tenaglia, After a number of failed attempts to contact DJs via private correspondence I have decide to use a medium that you are familiar with, the internet, to increase the odds that you will get a chance to read this. My name is Kristen Nelson (aka KrisKat) and I am writing to you today in regards to the final “Be Yourself†party at ARC on April 23rd. I have only recently begun to explore NYC nightlife and I am happy that I will finally be able to experience what some of my friends have called the best party ever. It seems that the world would agree judging by your recent award from Dancestar magazine. A group of my friends from Philadelphia will be in attendance on this historic day, but that is not why I am writing to you today.

Six weeks ago I was fortunate to be allowed to combine some of my greatest joys in life. My love of dance music, the incredible people that make up the EDM scene, and my love of photography. A woman named Tempe Marie took a chance and allowed me access to photograph Max Graham at Tribecca Nightclub in Philadelphia. To her I will always be grateful, as she opened the door for me to a whole new world of photographic possibility. While my experiences as a photographer span over twenty years, with numerous photographs being published including three international magazine covers to my credit, I had never taken photographs in such a dynamic environment before. I was nervous about the challenges nightclub lighting would present but I faced them head on, camera to my eye, and began a new chapter in my evolution as a photographer.

Since that time I have had the great fortune of being accepted by the people of Philadelphia and have been allowed to photograph a number of different people and events including Danny Howells, Jimmy Van M, Chris Fortier, Jackal & Hyde and others. I believe this acceptance comes from my approach and philosophy of photography.

Respect of the subject forms the foundation of my belief. Unlike Paparazzi who shamelessly jam cameras in celebrities’ faces I prefer to politely ask if I may take a picture. When the subject happens to be a deejay I am also considerate of the fact they are doing something they love and strive to be as unobtrusive as possible. I also strive to capture and portray the positive energy, excitement and joy that come from the interaction of a deejay and the throngs of fans dancing the night away. The vibe as it is called is indescribable, elusive and a matter of pure emotion. If I can put just a small amount of that emotion into an image I have done my job and created a powerful photograph.

With that in mind I would like to ask for your help, and permission, to allow me the opportunity to photograph the final “Be Yourself with Danny Tenaglia†at ARC. I understand that it has been a long-standing policy of ARC to not allow cameras into the venue. I have also been told that you are in favor of relaxing this rule for these final parties. I would appreciate it if there is any way you could help me in this endeavor and it would be a great honor to photograph you and what is sure to be the biggest Friday in ARC’s history.

To review my recent work please feel free to browse the photographs on my website at www.afterglowpix.com and get an idea of what my photography is about. I take great pride in my work and would appreciate any comments you might have.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter and I look forward to hearing from you. I can be contacted at kristen@afterglowpix.com

Sincerely,

Kristen V. Nelson