Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wednesday, 4-26 WedRock @ Crobar

WedRock13.gif

SANDRA BERNHARD, MARGARET CHO, JOHN CAMERON MITCHELL, ALAN CUMMING, PENNY ARCADE, BOB MOULD, LE TIGRE & SLEATER-KINNEY!

Benefit Rock N Rock Concert for FREEDOM TO MARRY

====================================================================

This just in...MOBY will be performing live at Crobar along with LOU REED, SANDRA BERNHARD, MARGARET CHO, JOHN CAMERON MITCHELL, ALAN CUMMING, BOB MOULD, PENNY ARCADE, LE TIGRE, SLEATER-KINNEY and LADY BUNNY at the WEDROCK benefit to support the fight for gay marriage rights!

PROTECT YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS and join the collective rock n roll protest against President Bush's proposed Constitutional amendment. Buy your benefit tickets now. ALL PROCEEDS FROM WEDROCK GO TO FREEDOM TO MARRY (www.freedomtomarry.org).

There's also going to be a killer after-party and dancing 'til 2am for all guests with music by DJs Econ, Jon Jon Battles, John Cameron Mitchell and Bob Mould and lights by GUY SMITH.

$40 General Admission, $125 VIP (open bar, reserved viewing, meet and greet with cast) There are limited tickets available at http://bender.c.topica.com/maacbEiaa6lwdb7GevMbaehohA/ or 1-800-494-TIXS. You can also purchase tickets at Universal Gear, 140 8th Avenue. Sponsored by HX, Go Magazine, New York Press, Cruzan Rum, Svedka Vodka, Sam Adams Light and Mark Nelson Events.

Get Angry. Protect your citizenship.

JOSH WOOD

This should be quite a fun event...starts at 8pm--

this party fucking rocked. im paying for it dearly today. sorry to all the people i offended with my outrageous behavior.

I will post an account once i can speak English again, probably tomorrow...went with Joey and his entorage of cool and beautiful friends, had a blast, was kidnapped by an asian who continually fed me drinks until i was dancing with my shoes off and kicking strangers who pissed me off....man....

Margaret Cho was amazing, and Sandra was my favorite----those girls put on a great show....very profound ladies.

Lou Reed read the lyrics to "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" and then Moby came out and sang it....fucking awesome. Great night.

The DJ in the prop room was the best ive heard in there....his traisitions from various genres of music were great....sweet dreams to Eminem, etc ...we couldnt stop dancing, except when annoying people constantly felt compelled to come and try to grind with us (i hate that shit).

I do recall dancing on some tables... ::)

Crobar is just a crazy place...plain and simple, it brings out the best (and worst) in people :)

more to come. gk, give it a shot?

Guest joeygk

I don't really get Sandra Bernhard's standup/music thang --- it's just seems kinda dull, but Margaret Cho fokkin' KILLED! The crowd was HOWLING during her routine. I seriously luv that women.

w/ the exception of the crappy dj (w/ his non-existent/sh*tty mixing - not to mention HE CLEARED THE DANCE FLOOR) and the $5 dollar surcharge at the ATM it was a great night out. Evan hiding from random Asians was the highlight of my night. The blonde girl bartender w/ the mohawk & hotpants in the lounge was hysterical --- she kept making fun of everyone after they bought drinks. Some guy ordered a frozen margarita and she just stared at him for 10 seconds w/ her mouth open and then turned, looked away and took someone else's order. She's foreva my new best friend.

I didnt hear the DJ in the main room, but the dj in vip was very fun...as were the people that work there wish you stayed joey-

bartenders hate making frozen drinks. who the hell orders a frozen drink at a nightclub, anyway? what an idiot.

i was hiding from you, not asians. jk. good times. i think i might have been a make-out bandit last nite

i do recall a latin with a mohawk (guest, not a bartender) who was strikingly good looking....remember? i know that kid from somewhere....just cant remember...2 years of going out in nyc can make you recognize so many people---yet you have no idea where you know them from.

i had a bacon egg ang cheese for breakfast and 2 slices of pizza for lunch. i feel so much better! considering wendys for dinner. obviously stopping at the gym tonite.

Guest Idreamofdancing

I forgot to mention that my beautiful roommate, Aryn, waltzed into crobar fashionably late and every head turned in her direction...she looked stunning....

she took good care of her child when we got home. :P

Thanks baby, it was quite a night....the music was super fun, i took off my stiletos and danced until the bottoms of my feet were the color of steel. I would have really rocked out, had I not been fearing my tits would come flying out of my halter....all in all though, i did do a lot of dancing. THE GRINDING MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriuosly, thank g, for Chad, my new dance partner...I mean when you have someone crawling up your ass, througing their legs in b/w yours and groping your arms...it's just not that easy to dance...i suppose when you connect with the right person, it can be provocative...but I swear by Patrick Swayze, "This is my dance space and this is yours"---maybe if they didn't come out with "Havana Nights"...umm...which I hope no one one this sight paid money to see...we wouldn't have this serious problem....FOR SERIOUS..anywho....Ev was def tipsy, and lucky for him I was Florence Nightingale back at the ranch.

The dj was super, spinnig Eminem to Annie Lennox, Brittany with Nirvana, Justin to MJ Billie Jean...that one really got me...it was tons of fun.

Anyways....I was glad to show my support. I wish I could have seen the real festivities. Joey, sorry you didn't have the same experience as us, you must have been hanging out in the Negative room...hheeheheh....later my beauties.

Guest joeygk
i had a bacon egg ang cheese for breakfast and 2 slices of pizza for lunch. i feel so much better! considering wendys for dinner.

Moo.

i had a bacon egg ang cheese for breakfast and 2 slices of pizza for lunch. i feel so much better! considering wendys for dinner.

Moo.

i know, im a pig 2-day. i ate another slice as well. hehe

It was so strange to be sober and inside crobar before 8pm. Everything looked so much less dramatic, smaller, and just different to see it with clarity and sobriety...it seemed more compact...i dont know how to explain it...the DJ booth looked lower....it was really weird...

it took about an hour to get back to normal though. ;)