Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats up with Pure Nightclub?

Guest LeVeL

Guest JMT

The sad thing is, I've seen people go to these events just for the sake of staying up...

yeah, i think some are on this board.

i for one say when the partys over, its over. time to go to bed.

Guest web_norah

and if they choose to do drugs, thats their problem not mine or anyone else's

give it a rest ...how does that affect your daily life anyway?

I am a person who does not do any drugs. I can hang with the rest of them. 23-24 hours not a problem. But after that, the body naturally needs to rest to recup. I agree that 80-90% of the people who stay out late do drugs. Not a doubt. To think otherwise would be ridiculous. But we also have different scenario's:

1. I know people who sleep and wake up at 5:00 am to make it to the Sunrise Sessions.

2. I know people who sleep all day and wake up at 6 pm to go out. (Bums with no life except party.)

3. People who take naps and get up before going out.

But I must say MOST of the clubbers are DRUG users.

Guest JMT

of course, as most concert goers are using something as well. alcohol is a drug. for a lot of people getting buzzed off something can enhance a musical experience. if im at a concert for a favorite rock band im going to booze it up, and probably be inclined take a toke. people just enjoy doing that. just so happens in clubbing, the effects of the things people take are also keeping them awake.

Guest web_norah

people drink coffee, drink alcohol, do drugs, take prescription drugs, sports drinks, those are enhancers....again, if they choose to do that, it is their life and their bodies, i am noone to judge.

Guest coach

If the music is good and there is someplace to sit down I can pretty much go 24 hours without sleep, no problem. Sometimes I'll use a little no-doze if things start slowing down. I've never done drugs and the drunkest I've ever been is at the Studio with Carisa and Evan. I wouldn't drink at all except that I feel it is my responsibility to support the clubs who bring the people that I want to see.

What was the question again?

Guest saintjohn
I wouldn't drink at all except that I feel it is my responsibility to support the clubs who bring the people that I want to see.

soda water with lime for me.

as for staying out late, i'd like to say that i'm too old, but i've always been an early evening person. my wife, otoh, can rock around the clock. she's gone straight from crobar to the classroom (and she's still been voted teacher of the year - twice).