Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nick Warren / W.O.W. @ Avalon Friday May 7th

Guest wheels

Guest wheels

Fellow coolflunkies has been few and far since the Wheels last downloaded any cranial antics in the C.P.U. of the cool junkie faithful so here we go....

Where to begin...Huuummmm? Well, whent out with other camp cool commrades and cooljunkie faithful friday night at Avalon for a much needed dose of throbbing beats and grinding bodies (Evan, Aryn, Charisa (i believe) and other unkown members were in full attendace). As usual Evan was instrumental at hooking us up with Max at the Spider Club for some V.I.P. treatment at the door (Always in the loop Evan and I love u for it!) and we made our entrance via the Spider Club. Very different scene that night in the Spider Club a fusion of eclectic rap and classic -southern rock had THE WHEELS wanting to dial out the harsh non-receptive frequencies that were being absored into the optical and cranial lobes.... So we make a rapid exit down to the main dance floor of Avalon (see mom...I go to Chruch every week...techincally!) For a uniquely different set, live on the main-stage(the stage in the club OPPOSITE the elevated D.J. booth) by NicK Warren and Way Out West.

Way out West was the most right Aryn... Most dope indeed! The lead vocalist for W.O.W. was great and it had more of a concert feel to the show than a typical D.J. Set. Which was lovely... They crowd was placid and the beats were progressive, actually gossemer in there deliverance across the dance floor into our domes. It made for some light 2 stepping but nothing violent or aggressive (althought W.O.W. brought some slight dirtyness at times during the course of there set). Also around this time we keep seeing this guy in a hat and sunglasses who loooked like Frank Sinatra... i could have mistaken this cat for ol blue-eyes himself the bona-fied leader of our little "rat-pack" but he was soooooooo hot so if you know who that was let me know......

Anyway... to make a long story short, Wheels bails out early (not before a little "dance-on" time though), people start freaking out, and I'm in bed after by 4:30 after a violation session on your couch Aryn and Ev!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright Camp Cool, thats about all your getting from the Wheels To-nite so hit me back and we will rap alittle more. As always, keep dancing and pitty all the Von Dutch zombies who are plugged into the Matrix... Drop the blue Pill and welcome yourself to your own life for the firts time..... THE WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Guest r3nz0

Hmmm, I understood only about 50% of what you wrote, but sounds like you had a fun time nonetheless.

Now drink your milkshake before it melts: 12_4_51.gif

;D

Guest Idreamofdancing

What an incredible night/weekend!!!! Nice to finally meet you Wheels..you dance machine!!!

Ev and Aryn, I cant thank you enough for everything!!! :-*

Hi baby!!!!!!!!! I had a such a good time..you are always welcome at 20 Stuy..I'm glad you enjoyed your time in NYC...Friday was super. Sorry I missed you on Sat night...but I heard a night of party-hopping was tons of fun!! I can't wait for June!!!!!!

As for you wheels....yes!!! what a great night!!!! When Nick and Jody (WOW) spun together in the beginning, and OMI was on the mic..it was interesting...it definitnely did have a concert-like feel to it..partially b/c of the lighting. During that portion of the night in particular, the lighting was pretty lame. It was too bright and I thought it lacked variety.

We got there at about 1:30 I'd say, and the it was a nice size crowd. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to feel about the whole night. In their first hour, the music went from such highs to such lows so quickly, that as soon as I was ready to bust out dancing...it rapidly stopped and became very mellow. So the first hour for me, was ok...but then once Nick and Jody went solo...the rest of the night was pure dancing bliss.

I had never seen Jody spin...he was great. I thought he spun harder and dirtier than Nick, but it was still uplifting. The energy of the crowd was pretty good and people were dancing till the very end. It was such a beautiful night out that going out back in the smoker's lounge was quite pleasant.

Ev and I went back in at about 4:30, where we were pleasantly surprised to see the dance floor still packed and jumpin'. The resident DJ moved the party to the upstairs booth and spun the Cold Play song...(always forget track titles) and it was like Ev and I traveled back in time to Avalon when we saw Nick Warren for the first time..it was super. The resident DJ..Eddie..was great, and we def got our last licks in on the dance floor.

We met great people, esp Crzy's super-find Marc!!! It was a great night at Avalon, as always.

Guest Idreamofdancing

Oh, Ry, as for the violation session...I could have called that..just like I knew I would find you on the dance floor in an attempt to flee the club. ;D

Yet another superb night at Avalon! Once again I could not stop smiling--so awesome to see Nick Warren again! That man has some serious skills that do something to me whenever I hear them--- And Jody! wow he did an excellent job too...so impressive. Like Aryn said, their solo sets definitely dominated when they were collaborating---and I wasnt Overly impressed with Omi...she lacked enthusiasm and energy, but that's not to say she was bad...

Nick Warren...his beats are divine, maybe even perfect. Jody too....both of them were spinning smooth progressive trance and house....minus the cheese----- how to describe it....kind of an evolved, more mature and quality sound...

So nice to be with Carisa on the dancefloor in New York! (even though she was being swept away by boys for the latter hanf of the evening.) ;)

Several Europeans in attendance, as always it was great to gravitate to them and dance-

And I must give my little lady aryn a shout---yet again we were able to groove so well together, and at the end of the night when eddie lee came on we were Very pleasantly suprised by how awesome he was....started his set with a great mix of clocks just like Nick ended with last time, and then threw down some really fun dirty shit that was really, really energizing to say the least. It was a nicxe contrast to the ups and down of the proggy beats we were hearing before. Loved the whole night---

here is a short bio i found on nick warren a minute ago, to give y'all some background.

http://www.mmguide.musicmatch.com/artist/artist.cgi?ARTISTID=370557&TMPL=LONG#bio

thanx everyone for such a fun night, once again :D

Also around this time we keep seeing this guy in a hat and sunglasses who loooked like Frank Sinatra... i could have mistaken this cat for ol blue-eyes himself the bona-fied leader of our little "rat-pack" but he was soooooooo hot so if you know who that was let me know......

:P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8)

Also around this time we keep seeing this guy in a hat and sunglasses who loooked like Frank Sinatra... i could have mistaken this cat for ol blue-eyes himself the bona-fied leader of our little "rat-pack" but he was soooooooo hot so if you know who that was let me know......

Well, that guy was pretty freakin hot!!!! ;)

Well, that guy was pretty freakin hot!!!! ;)

you think so? I thought he looked like Tom Hanks-- :-X

Guest Idreamofdancing
you think so? I thought he looked like Tom Hanks-- :-X

hahhahahhahah...oh evo...i love youuuuuuuuuuu