Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JLo engaged again........!!!

Guest 731973lisaloca

Guest LISALOCA

What the hell is going on with this dirty PuertoRican chick? Now she's with this lizard rat looking singer..Marc Anthony. I guess she had no other choice. She got her black sausage, white and now she's going back to her roots. She so pretty yet she has no class, self-respect, and soooo undecided. I think she needs therapy.

Guest pod

She's just a no-talent whore capitalizing on her race. She'd be just another hack if she wasn't Puerto Rican.

Salma Hayek is a far better actress and gets roles based on that, not on her ethnicity...well her talent and she's like an 11 on my 1-10 bangability scale. 8)

Frida kinda weirded me out though...here's this girl I've always wanted on screen going at it with another girl, but through makeup, they made her look ugly.

Guest durrtylexx

Salma Hayek is a far better actress and gets roles based on that, not on her ethnicity...well her talent and she's like an 11 on my 1-10 bangability scale. 8)

Frida kinda weirded me out though...here's this girl I've always wanted on screen going at it with another girl, but through makeup, they made her look ugly.

WERD!! Salma is a goddess, but Frida was freaky.

Marc Anthony is retarded, he cheated on Ms. Universe and now he's getting married with J-lo? That dude needs to go to therapy..

Guest r3nz0

Saying Selma Hayek is a better actress than J-Lo is like saying the gas chamber is a better way to die than the lethal chair.

They're both hot, but they're both horrid actresses (except for Frida, where Hayek was ok).

Guest shannon_coolj.

She's just a no-talent whore capitalizing on her race. She'd be just another hack if she wasn't Puerto Rican.

wait - we're talking about her being a better actress and she dons makeup that actually makes her look like frida kahlo (she could have looked exactly like salma, but that would have ruined the movie)....who cares if she looked ugly -- that was partly what made the movie authentic!

frida wasn't freaky guys...c'mon, it was a great film!

Guest shannon_coolj.

ah saleen...

your homage to j. lo was so eloquent and emotional, it almost makes me want to cry....

Guest pod

Racial slurs aside, she is a bit of a fuckup in the man department. Dating is one thing, but being married three times, you think you'd know by now...

3 marriages? Christ...soon she'll be a 21st century Liz Taylor...oh wait, Liz Taylor can act.

Then again, she's still "Jenny from the Block", so the precedent for multiple marriages is there. Surprised she doesn't have a bunch of illegitimate children...but she's got money, so there's an easy way out of that....being rich and all.

If she couldn't shake her moneymaker and get enough studio time for some engineer to work miracles on her vocals, she'd be ghetto trash.

Rich though, not wealthy. She's rich, wealthy is the crusty old guy who signs her paycheck for Gigli. (paraphrasing Chris Rock here...)

Guest Diabolique

J Lo must idolize Liz Taylor..the marriages, the jewelry, the perfume lines.. She'll probably be broke in 15 years because she'll spend it all on clothes and designer water, & no one will want to hire her for her putrid acting skills.

Guest fairyDust

LOL..damn you guys are hating on the woman...I don't know I actually think she's smart cause even though she can't sing or act she's gotten filthy rich by doing just that....and now you see her name on everything from perfume to purses you name it..and believe it or not it actually sells..lol..about her love life...I think she won't settle down until she's had a taste of every nationality...lol...oh yeah and by the way I think she's pretty hot ;)

Guest pod

Hello, it is called a marketing team. People with college degrees and worldly experience saw her shaking her chi-chi and hooting and hollering into a mic at some block party, and decided to market the hell out of her. It's akin to miners seeing a lump of coal and carefully shaping it into a diamond. The coal couldn't do it on it's own, so the miners took over and engineered it.

Pop stars on their own aren't that intelligent usuall. Britney, Xtina, J-ho, etc, are all the products of focus groups, market research, advertising techniques, studio and visual processing, and other things that would make your jaw drop.

Let's put it this way, some of these people could make even me look good.

Guest r3nz0

I don't know, pod.

That's a pretty bold statement to make. :P ;D

Guest fairyDust

You are absolutely right, but you gotta give these people some credit..getting your foot in the entertainment business is not easy, and It's not like the "marketing team" or the president of the record companies come knocking on your door...

Guest pod

You don't know what these people can do. Ad people, marketdroids, and the prototypical PR flacks are paid to engineer celebrities.

Guest bcnjunkie

Hello, it is called a marketing team. People with college degrees and worldly experience saw her shaking her chi-chi and hooting and hollering into a mic at some block party, and decided to market the hell out of her. It's akin to miners seeing a lump of coal and carefully shaping it into a diamond. The coal couldn't do it on it's own, so the miners took over and engineered it.

Pop stars on their own aren't that intelligent usuall. Britney, Xtina, J-ho, etc, are all the products of focus groups, market research, advertising techniques, studio and visual processing, and other things that would make your jaw drop.

Thank You !, behind these people is a PR team that tells you what to wear, where to eat, what to say and design your lifestyle to suit the popular market. Most of these people wouldn't know the first thing about the entertainment industry. Do yo really think Brittney has an innate ability to predict the direction of the music industry, don't think so ! Some like Madonna took advantage of what she learned and made some smart moves on her own but in the end she was still the result of a creative team.

Guest pod

These PR and marketing folk take the potential and direct it in the right (profitable) direction. Believe me, I've seen vocalists and musicians who can give most pop artists a run for their money skill-wise, they just lack proper marketing.

In some cases they don't want it. They just want to do their thing, and not have some PR flack or marketdroid telling them what to do, or some A & R dick saying 'you're good, baby, but we need a little more pop sensibility!', and having their work and style compromised in the name of selling more CDs to suburban white kids.

The 'true artists' I guess you could call them.

With J-Lo, it was just a matter of "OK she's got an iota of talent, plus she's latin. We've exploited and co-opted black music, the hippie counterculture, the disco craze, and had the British Invasion, let's move on to Latin people!'

Guest bcnjunkie

I didnt even read this thread cause only two words come to mind....

WHO CARES!?

becasue it gives us a chance to badmouth artist, the industry and use derrogatory expressions like J-Ho ;D