Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The new Nextel I830

Guest pod

The PTT feature on Nextel is nice, but only for specific applications...otherwise, it is way too intrusive.

i have Nextel...and ZERO complaints...sure there are "dead zones" but every provider has dead zones...Verizon and Nextel had the best coverages of all the phone providers that i have had..Cingular i would NEVER go back...too many dead zones...i remember going down 127 ave north towards nw 12 st...the whole ride on 127 ave, i have ZERO reception with Cingular...then, Cingular would ROAM in Dade County...sorry, i will keep my Nextel...

Guest pod

Cingular generally bites from what I know. Wouldn't want to be saddled with SIMless phones from Sprint, either. At least AT & T was smart and went over to GSM. Nextels have SIM cards, but they are not compatible with anyone else's phones, unfortunately, so you are saddled with the POS Motorolas.

Verizon is planning a PTT rollout, so Nextel may have some competition in the PTT arena soon, and I think other carriers will soon follow.

Guest pod

Metro POS if you ask me. If you're so much as a day late on your payment, they cut you off and reassign your number to someone else. All my Metro POS friends are always changing their numbers. I've had my cell number for six years now, and there's been times where I've been a month or two behind on it. (T-Mobile..)

Nevermind the shoddy quality of their phones, and you can't take it out of the state without getting jacked.

Guest pod

Lola, you can get a 3650 tri-band phone on Ebay for $150. You can take the SIM from the existing phone and put it in the 3650.

I've had AT&T for 6 years and never had any problems... only problem is calling my NY friends that live in SOBE sometimes, but other than that, I get quality reception...

I want a camera phone NOW.

Thats going to be my next gift for myself :)

yea, so every sunday we can take a pic of you crying due to your lose in fantasy football... except when you play the hogsters..