Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TONY DRAPER??????

Originally posted by sextacy911:

I personally think Draper and JP are good in their own way... draper has the nice hard bass and beats... and JP has got sick vocal mixes... I dont know about everyone else but i think that we should be trashing clubs outside of NYC because if you compare NYC clubs to clubs outside of NYC you will see a big difference... "lets all have thanks that we have these djs like Draper & J. Peters!"

i agree with you up to the point when you said tony draper and jonathan peters. There is no tony draper when it comes to jonathan. Draper is hurt. and also lets not over look the fact that jonathan is not only about his sick vocal mixes. the man is known for his crazy ass beats. nothing tops a jonathan peters dub. im outta this discussion for good now. peace.

Originally posted by sfcraz01:

i agree with you up to the point when you said tony draper and jonathan peters. There is no tony draper when it comes to jonathan. Draper is hurt. and also lets not over look the fact that jonathan is not only about his sick vocal mixes. the man is known for his crazy ass beats. nothing tops a jonathan peters dub. im outta this discussion for good now. peace.

Yea i guess you could say JP has got some sick beats too... good call, i dont know about anyone else but i like both. Factory & Exit are both sick!

------------------

SHUT UP AND DANCE!!

d.gif

[This message has been edited by sextacy911 (edited 04-10-2001).]

i said it before and ill say it again. if you make it to a club in nyc, you do not suck as a dj. youre obviouly doing something correct. wanna know what sucks? shithead djs in bars and clubs outside of the city, who think Louie Devito vol 3 is the greatest thing in the world-especially when they play it every week

I think the reason for him spinning at Exit has alot to do with the promoters. The same promoters used to work with him when he spun out in Queens and Hempstead. The party was at Metropolis, then they moved it to a shitty part time club out in Hempstead that was called "Phenomenon." After that, they took the party back to Metropolis, then to Sound Factory very briefly, then over to Exit. I was surprised to find out he was spinning at Exit, considering the popularity, scale, etc. of the club. But he's not a bad dj; he spins some hard shit; it's not always on point, but he isn't the worst. He's a mainfloor dj and for a mainfloor that happens to be the size of Exit's, a dj who spins nothing but pounding beats is needed. Nothing else is going to get a crowd like that moving. A chance was taken with giving Draper that Friday night spot, and it worked out well. I doubt that any dj could get that crowd moving; he draws somewhat of a following there, since the crowd has grown accustomed to what he spins. It's not really a club that caters to "musical appreciators" who focus on the quality and originality of House music. It appeals to a younger crowd that likes to go out and have a good time. The club is humungous, you can be in so many different rooms, it's beautiful, in the summer when the roof is open it's gorgeous. Alot of people go there for the overall beauty of the club; the music is a part of that as well.

Draper isn't a bad dj though, and he seems to work well with the friday night crowd.

Those who despise the younger crowd and the "tasteless" house, you have your saturday night parties where the music is a bit more diversified and qualitative at Factory, Exit, Twilo, etc.

------------------

"I hate explanations that are explanatory of something already explained. (Abraham Lincoln)"

atleast there is one person with a brain who posts- hard_house- everyone else has gotta be stupid or has never been anywhere else than exit on a friday, so you cant compare tony draper, cause you never heard any one else. but first off, who the fuck is tony draper?!?!?! and do you think i give a fuck, i would say whatever the fuck i felt like to his face. "HE SUCKS" Thats my fuckin opinion. its pointless arguing with a bunch of 16 year olds, who only go to exit cause thats THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN GET IN AT. none have any clue about music. you want to hear a REAL DJ?? go hear jonathan rip shit for 17 hours at soundfactory. and each hour keeps getting better and better. or eddie. or johnny vicious. or denny. im not gonna even say junior. the point is dont say Tony Draper is a great fucking DJ when he really sucks and would be lucky to be talked about in the same sentence as jonathan,eddie or any of those guys. FUCK draper and exit...

Originally posted by DJMikeE:

i said it before and ill say it again. if you make it to a club in nyc, you do not suck as a dj. youre obviouly doing something correct. wanna know what sucks? shithead djs in bars and clubs outside of the city, who think Louie Devito vol 3 is the greatest thing in the world-especially when they play it every week

See thats exactly what i mean... NYC djs are "DJ Gods" compared to others...

------------------

SHUT UP AND DANCE!!

d.gif