Clubplanet Nightlife Community

stereotypes

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

Well, one of my jobs takes me from North Broward all the way to the upper Keys and I have had the opportunity to deal with a myriad of ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Quite honesty, I have yet to find one stereotype that accurately describes a people as a whole (or as a vast majority). I have found good and bad, generous and stingy for just about every culture. I believe that people who use generalizations like eurotrash are just as bad as the people who hate americans without getting to know how generous and plain nice we really are (and deserve the same lack of respect). with all that said I will retract for one second and re-state that I have found one stereotype....

THE FRENCH SUCK

my god what a group of nasty, rude all around assholes !, why are we wasting our time with Iraq, let's invade France, I'll enlist for that one !

Guest fairyDust

[b]THE FRENCH SUCK

my god what a group of nasty, rude all around assholes !, why are we wasting our time with Iraq, let's invade France, I'll enlist for that one !

LOL!!..I don't know from personal experience..but many people I know would agree with you on that one..

Guest bcnjunkie

once we invade we can use the Eiffel Tower structure to build a bas ass roller coaster and make an amusement park around it !

Guest r3nz0

once we invade we can use the Eiffel Tower structure to build a bas ass roller coaster and make an amusement park around it !

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 7_2_111.gif

Guest guyman1966

OK – the reasons we have stereotypes is because they ARE ACCURATE. Jews have big noses and the ones in Boca are obnoxious. Italians are hairy (sorry Saleen – not on their heads, just on their backs). And it goes on. But this of course is not a “rule†– its just a Stereotype. It means that a group within the group stand out and get noticed for having something in common. It does that mean that within that group you have to act or be that way. There are assholes that ruin it for every group and I believe they are usually in the minority of that group. Its just that the squeaky wheel gets noticed.

(The one exception to my experience is EuroTrash. They all suck)

Guest bcnjunkie

OK – the reasons we have stereotypes is because they ARE ACCURATE. Jews have big noses and the ones in Boca are obnoxious. Italians are hairy (sorry Saleen – not on their heads, just on their backs). And it goes on. But this of course is not a “rule†– its just a Stereotype. It means that a group within the group stand out and get noticed for having something in common. It does that mean that within that group you have to act or be that way. There are assholes that ruin it for every group and I believe they are usually in the minority of that group. Its just that the squeaky wheel gets noticed.

(The one exception to my experience is EuroTrash. They all suck)

zzzzz..... zzzzzzz....... zzzzzzz........ zzzzzz......

Guest bcnjunkie

we actually agree here BCN!

I still don't hate Europeans, in fact they're very cool people ! well there's one exception ! the swiss, another bunch of assholes

Guest JMT

we actually agree here BCN!

I still don't hate Europeans, in fact they're very cool people ! well there's one exception ! the swiss, another bunch of assholes

i dont hate all euros either, just dont like the french, and the germans have a chip on their shoulder. they still think they can take over the world.

Guest demo909

don't group all the French together guys.....It's mainly the Parisian's who are the problem. The rest of the people in the country are actually pretty cool and not like them at all ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

don't group all the French together guys.....It's mainly the Parisian's who are the problem. The rest of the people in the country are actually pretty cool and not like them at all ;)

nope dude, It's practically all of them ! I only know of very few exceptions, and those are in Provence in Draguinan, small but friendly town with just awesome people and some friends near Avignon who are model hosts (that' Ive met so far). I've lived in France and traveled from the north to the south. I work with french people practically on a weekly basis. My ex-girlfriend is French, my ex-roomate is French done loads of trips to France always trying to find a good side t this supposed "fantastic culture", well it doesn't exist. FRENCH SUCK ! Godd food and wine yes. As far as the people go, Sucks.

nope dude, It's practically all of them ! I only know of very few exceptions, and those are in Provence in Draguinan, small but friendly town with just awesome people and some friends near Avignon who are model hosts (that' Ive met so far). I've lived in France and traveled from the north to the south. I work with french people practically on a weekly basis. My ex-girlfriend is French, my ex-roomate is French done loads of trips to France always trying to find a good side t this supposed "fantastic culture", well it doesn't exist. FRENCH SUCK ! Godd food and wine yes. As far as the people go, Sucks.

you must pinch your nose a lot.

Guest bcnjunkie

Demo:

Also, I speak french and I hear some of the things they say when they think no one is around that can understand them. Trust me, the French are no good.

Guest fairyDust

One of my co-workers is married to a German guy, and he's such a sweety, as well as his family, definitely nice people..

Guest demo909

Demo:

Also, I speak french and I hear some of the things they say when they think no one is around that can understand them. Trust me, the French are no good.

I speak fluent french as well and traveled through france for three years....you are ignorant if you think all the french are that way. It's like saying everyone in the north USA hates the South....or the every american is a republican cause the president is......it arrogance

and if I see you goose=stepping then I'm really gonna worry 8)

Guest bcnjunkie

Demo:

I speak fluent french as well and traveled through france for three years....you are ignorant if you think all the french are that way. It's like saying everyone in the north USA hates the South....or the every american is a republican cause the president is......it arrogance

Dude I'm glad your experience was nice but when I worked in France, I never told anybody that I spoke English and that I was hispanic. The things they would say about not only the US but the rest of Europe was so nasty, but they really do hate the US and talk about us in very demeaning ways. I've been traveling France since 1992, 12 years now. Every year I hit a different region from champagne to provence to camargue. Plus going to school there plus working there, I have yet to find the good in the French, THEY SUCK. Recently we just catered an event for the alpinisme team for the next winter olympics. BY FAR, the worst behaved, rudest, cheapest, most uncivilized group of people we have ever wroked for. Very representative of the Frech. This is an Olympic committee acting like animals. We have plenty of Frech customers here, The Frech Suck. Plus dude, whenever we have an event for french people they never fail to make demeaning comments about the US, if they don't like it why don't they leave ? Every party we do for french people, they are incredibly rude, we've had two exceptions. That's two out of countless parties we do for french people or companies. We work with them all the time. Trust me, they suck !

Guest demo909

Demo:

Dude I'm glad your experience was nice but when I worked in France, I never told anybody that I spoke English and that I was hispanic. The things they would say about not only the US but the rest of Europe was so nasty, but they really do hate the US and talk about us in very demeaning ways.

::) Yeah it's kinda like most americans going around and talking shit about the rest of the world and how we are always right and better than everyone....or it's like most hispanics here in miami talking shit about me or other whites guys when they think we can't understand them.....and I understand them perfectly well and never let them know it.

ignorance is bliss right??

Guest bcnjunkie

DEMO:

"ignorance is bliss" you got that right !, Still dude I'm not going to argue it with you. I really think it's great that you've had such a nice experience. I hear what people say about us hispanics (even thought I'm really more American), or what people say about Americans or whomever. In the end I haven't found a more awfully rude culture like the french. Honestly dude, it is by far, really BY FAR, the nastiest, rudest all around most unpleasant people to work for, I can't tell you enough how irritating it is to work for them (I'm not just talking one event, I'm telling you from years of working with and for the French). My friends in the Netherlands, England, Germany, Spain and Italy act nothing like the French and voice their likes or dislikes based on facts and can have a civilized conversation about world affairs without being assholes unlike the French or the Swiss. I gave up hope in trying to find a good side to the French. However, I do respect your opinion and glad you did find that respectable side to the french !