Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DID ANTONIO come to NYC this Weekend?

Guest joeygk

He was def in town this weekend -- we played phone tag! I got mangled pretty early on Friday & had family come into visit on Saturday & Sunday so I was pretty much out of the loop. Bad timing -- the one weekend I don't party.

Guest timoconnell

Antonio was here! He stopped by while I was spinning on Saturday. He was on his way to Deep Dish...I got the impression from him that Sasha on Friday wasn't that hot.

Give us the rest of the details bro!

Guest antonio

B-O-R-I-N-G >:(

I hated Friday night to tell you the truth.

The club was too packed for my tastes........too many japanese or chinese (whatever) and Sasha sucked.

On Satruday though.......Deep Dish absolutely rocked and I loved it!!

Guest antonio

I also had the chance to go clubhopping with a friend of mine that throws parties for SMAC Entertainment.

I went to Vizcaya, Ruby Falls, Pangea, Flow, and a couple other clubs that I was too fucked up to remember.

A big shout out to Tim, who I met at Brite Bar. (nice demo)

Also, a shout out to Oscar G and David Orth with whom I hung out for a little while backstage during Deep Dish.

I also had the chance to go clubhopping with a friend of mine that throws parties for SMAC Entertainment.

I went to Vizcaya, Ruby Falls, Pangea, Flow, and a couple other clubs that I was too fucked up to remember.

A big shout out to Tim, who I met at Brite Bar. (nice demo)

Also, a shout out to Oscar G and David Orth with whom I hung out for a little while backstage during Deep Dish.

next time let's not miss eachother when you're in town. sorry friday sucked. Crobar is pretty hit or miss, to tell you the truth, but isnt the venue impressive?

I love viscaya and Pangea, though they are really only great during the week. Im not really impressed with Ruby Falls...it's nice, but very bridge and tunnel but it's a nice place.

tell us more antonio!

Guest antonio

Friday:

Arrived and took the air train to Jamaica Station- Penn Station and then taxi to the hotel. I stayed at the Skyline Hotel, which I think is really nice (I'll definitely stay there again).

I got 6 comps for Sasha at Crobar and went in with a couple of girls. The venue was cool, but the place was so packed it was not fun at all. Too many japanese/chinese clowns and too many guidos around. No space on the dancefloor, even though Sasha's set was so boring I didn't want to dance at all. Left at about 3:30 a.m. and went to sleep (thanx to Sasha for the bedtime tunes)

Guest antonio

Saturday:

Went to China town with my girlfriends who went absolutely nuts buying purses and other stuff. I've been like 6 times in New York and every time I hate Chinatown even more.

Went to Park Ale House for dinner.

At night, met with my friends Ofeer and Manny from SMAC Entertainment and went to Viscaya. It was a really nice lounge with a good local crowd vibe and some commercial music was being played. Many girls!!!

After that, went to Ruby Falls to check it out. I liked the place, but there is a big error in design since the bar is located right in the middle of the dancefloor.........splitting it in two sides. The place is a good space, badly designed. Met the owner and he gave us a bunch of complimentary drink tickets.

Got wasted at Ruby Falls and then stopped for a second at Brite Bar to meet up with Tim O'Connell. The place was a nice little bar and he was playing some really cool housey tracks, especially one from Layo & Bushwacka.

After that, hit Crobar again for Deep Dish. This was my highlight of the trip since the venue was not too packed and Ali and Dubfire were spinning some really good, energetic tracks. At around 5:30 a.m., saw Oscar G and David Orth on backstage and went up to say hello and hang out for a bit.

Partied on until 7 am when the club closed.

Guest antonio

Sunday:

Went to the WTC Ground zero site after Crobar and had my personal spiritual moment in honor of those who lost their lives.

Went to Battery Park and passed out on one of the benches overlooking the Statue of Liberty.

At night, met again with my friends from SMAC and went to Flow to the ghettoest party in town!!! People smoking blunts and fucking inside!! It was an out-of-this-world experience for me.

I hated the vibe at Flow and we left for Pangaea, a very nice, upscale club/lounge with some really good house tunes and fine ladies.

I missed the Maritime Hotel, but I'll definitely hit that on my next trip, which will be soon!!

Guest joeygk

isn't Flow the old groovejet space --- terrible -- NV & Cheetah are actually worse if you can imagine. Although, I haven't made it to JZ's 40/40 club yet, so the jury is still out on the "most ghetto club in NYC"