Clubplanet Nightlife Community

::Farenheit 9/11 REVIEW::

Guest joeygk

Guest joeygk

It's actually a very good film. Moore manipulates the emotional aspect of life/death/loss to get his point across to a fault, it takes away from the facts. But he definately shows that the Bush FAMILY not just GW has more than just an appearance of impropriety w/ their financial ties to Saudi Oil. It's just all too shady --- people should be wary of a political family who has so much invested in oil & private companies that profit so significantly from military warfare.

There actually wasn't any new or shocking information presented -- there was no "smoking gun" -- everything presented was circumstantial --- Moore just put everything together, and you can decide for yourself.

Guest joeygk

not really.....there were so many though. One part I did think could have been better was the scene were a parade of minority congressman were shut down for not having any signatures from a Senator in order to bring up the issue for debate.......but it was a failure by the Democrats as well as the Republicans. Where was Hillary Clinton? There is a lot of finger pointing in this film, but I think there should also should have been some finger pointing at Democrats for sitting by and doing nothing, their inaction is as much to blame.

Guest klit

Three quarters of those people in that scene he used in the courtroom were from the black caucus. That girl maxine waters, lol. Man I learned a lot about a lot of members from the caucus in the Haiti events from a while back and to be nice Ill just :-X like they should with the stuff some of them are doing.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Personally I loved this film weather or not the facts where manipulated to make it look a certain way or point the finger at so and so, they are what they are...Facts!!!!!!

The film showed another side of the war and our role in the middle east as of late that the news would never show. Which I thought was needed. We can go on and on about this but the bottom line is Bush is an empire builder and a puppet of not only 'high society, big corperation and the military industrial complex'. He's also a puppet for his father!!!

Guest web_norah

i liked the film

it gets a bit over the top near the end, but clearly portrays a VERY different picture of what is revealed and what isnt (on the media).

Guest DJTeKWReK

ONLY ONE THING TO SAY... PURE PROPAGANDA FOR THE FOOLS THAT DONT READ THE PAPER, WATCH TV, OR FOLLOW UP THE STORIES. poor, poor fools. Great idea though. Make a movie so extreme that it really SHOULD be censonred, but knowing that if Bush did do that, it would be all up in arms about the 1st amendment, and Bush would be REALLY FUCKED! Oh well, my vote still goes for Bush. He's gotta finish what he started. Thats like letting Wink start his set on saturday, and then taking him off of it half way through it, and having Howells try and finish it out to the same end.... YOU GOTTA LET THE MAN FINISH THE JOB! I do know 1 thing.. Bush cares SOOOO much about himself, that he would do ANYTHING to reach his goal of a free iraq, total disarmamnet of illegal weapons, and cheaper oil for the US... :P

Guest web_norah

it is too bad that some fail to acknokledge what went wrong with the Bush administration...thats what Fahrenheit 9/11 pointed out...

Saudi Arabia and Iraq, Sadam and the Bin Laden family escape immediately Sept 11th....cheaper oil and thickening Bush investments/ family interests, a senseless WAR and killing of innocents. yeah thats a great way to help the country out ::)

wake up people!

Guest web_norah

read foreign news

travel outside the USA

wake up and smell the coffee...Michael Moore isnt the only one that accuses Bush of staging a senseless war.

you sound so ignorant it is worrying!

Guest JMT

::)

you truly are clueless. the world is not as simple as you think.

this is the movie review, and the movie often uses fantasy and opinion to make his case, if you can call it that. subjective, not all fact. even staunch anti-war reviewers of this movie who have some intelligence will admit that.

Guest web_norah

you truly are clueless. the world is not as simple as you think.

this is the movie review, and the movie often uses fantasy and opinion to make his case, if you can call it that. subjective, not all fact. even staunch anti-war reviewers of this movie who have some intelligence will admit that.

yeah you're super bright...how can a DOCUMENTARY be fantasy?

have you seen the movie yet?

do you know what a documentary is?

and how come this film won a Cannes prize?

damn, it must have been a real bad film/documentary! ::)

Guest web_norah

you didnt watch the film or addressed any of my other points

therefore, you have no room to discuss this, do you?

Guest LeVeL

Come on Norah and John can we just get along..... :-*. Its just a documentary guys who cares...lol

Guest web_norah

not arguing but............

... if you saw the film, then you have room to talk but if you havent even seen it, how can you talk all this gibberish, just makes the person look foolish....IMO

Guest JMT

you didnt watch the film or addressed any of my other points

therefore, you have no room to discuss this, do you?

what points?? yes, i have a bootleg of the movie.

Guest JMT

what other Moore films have you seen? how can you honestly say they arent subjective? i just watched "The Big One" on IFC last night. he can twist words and portray things out of context, rewriting it his way. his films are editorials disguised as documentaries. and i took 2 years of film classes in college.

Guest LeVeL

what points?? yes, i have a bootleg of the movie.

LOL..... ;D.

Yo John burn me a copy of that bootleg

Guest web_norah

what other Moore films have you seen? how can you honestly say they arent subjective? i just watched "The Big One" on IFC last night. his films are editorials disguised as documentaries. and i took 2 years of film classes in college.

congratulations

Guest web_norah

yeah bootlegging music and movies is a real contribution

taking film courses should make you aware of that........

obviously it hasnt .............

Guest JMT

no, box office promotion/proceeds was covered in the 3rd year. i switched to the school of business by then.

this is the only bootleg i have ever had in my entire life. just so happens a buddy of mine had it. like i said already, im not going to make the guy richer. moore shouldnt care, im sure he would just as soon want to make this movie for free since he is so noble. ::)

and furthermore, unless he is giving some of the profits of his films to the causes he is depicting, they can be actually be seen as exploitation. did he give anything to the columbine families after "bowling"? did he give anything to the unemployed citizens of flint, mi after "the big one"?

the guy owns a $1.9 million home in nyc and has a full-time chauffer.

Guest swirliegirlie

no, box office promotion/proceeds was covered in the 3rd year. i switched to the school of business by then.

this is the only bootleg i have ever had in my entire life. just so happens a buddy of mine had it. like i said already, im not going to make the guy richer. moore shouldnt care, im sure he would just as soon want to make this movie for free since he is so noble. ::)

and furthermore, unless he is giving some of the profits of his films to the causes he is depicting, they can be actually be seen as exploitation. did he give anything to the columbine families after "bowling"? did he give anything to the unemployed citizens of flint, mi after "the big one"?

the guy owns a $1.9 million home in nyc and has a full-time chauffer.

this is such a typical republican response.

its not okay to steal but its okay to bootleg a michael moore movie.

he should have to donate proceeds to the families or subjects of his films, but every other form of capitalism is A-okay. weak, weak, weak.

i suggest you go and actually see the movie, which i doubt you have. it is a documentary - a string of facts and real events. its perfectly valid to place them into a compelling order and doesn't change the film's classification. just like non-fiction books are clearly written by someone who has their own way of seeing things.

lastly, he does give something back....exposure. exposure of what happened in flint michigan. exposure of how much gun violence we have in this country. exposure of events related to bush's policies and actions.....we don't get to see many things in the news such as blown up babies in iraq - we don't even get to see the coffins of our troops anymore! its a service to get all viewpoints on the table and to see what is really happening in the world.