Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wimbledon Anyone? (Mens Draw)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Who of these Quarter finalists in the mens draw will win it all?  

1. 1. Who of these Quarter finalists in the mens draw will win it all?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Henman seems to be the sentimental favorite... Federer looks unstopable at this point but I still have to go with Andy! I was at his finals match during the Nasqaq 100 open and his serve is looks even faster in person than on TV...

Guest trancelator

Haven's seen Federer or Roddick play live yet. I think Federer is proving last year was no fluke and he's confirming his #1 ranking. Think he'll take it but I would really like Henman to pull through.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Haven's seen Federer or Roddick play live yet. I think Federer is proving last year was no fluke and he's confirming his #1 ranking. Think he'll take it but I would really like Henman to pull through.

Yeah the sun is going down on Henmans career and no Brit has won wimbledon in a long--long time....But right now Federer is taking Hewitt apart.

Guest trancelator

Good, for some reason I don't like Hewitt. Don't know why. I'll root for a Roddick/Henman final but like I said, Federer is proving he's no fluke. He's the man to beat.

Guest JMT

Good, for some reason I don't like Hewitt. Don't know why. I'll root for a Roddick/Henman final but like I said, Federer is proving he's no fluke. He's the man to beat.

i dont like Hewit either. if Henman wins it all, my feelings wont be hurt, give the home team something to feel good about.

Guest joeygk

henman lost, but there couldn't have been a henman/roddick final b/c they're on the same side of the draw.

Federer is amazing right now --- and I think he proved to everyone he was no fluke when he won the Australian open earlier this year, he also just won in Hamburg two weeks ago and won the Pacific Life Open in Feb --- if Federer takes Wimbledon that'll be 3 grand slams in 1 year --- he'll be so far ahead of the other players in the ATP race that it won't even matter who wins the US Open.

Right now Roddick is the only person who could beat Federer, but not the way he's been playing so far. Roger hasn't dropped a single set in the tournament and Andy's had some really tough matches against pretty average players --- he needs to step it up if he wants to beat Federer. He'll have to step it up if he wants to make it past the semi's too --- the 6'5 Croat who took out Henman has a huge serve and a huge reach.......should be good tennis.

Hewitt is a punk but a he's really fast and can run down most shots....but it looks like he's going down hard. Rog is took the first set 6-1 -- and the second set is in a rain delay!

Guest trancelator

Cool! I thought Henman was on the same side as Federer but I guess it was Roddick who he would have played. Go Roddick!

Joey, you are right about Hewitt. I've never seen a player track down so many balls. That can be frustrating to a player who thinks he has a winner and then has to hit another shot or two. Eventually, people get frustrated and start over-hitting.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Barring a major upset, It looks as if we are heading towards a Federer/Roddick Final. If so I take Roddick in 4 close sets!

Guest ddg

federer is gonna take it........its gonna be a close match with andy...but roger will come out on top......

roger federer is the most fluid (flawless) tennis player (even more than pete)....if you have seen him live or not, it doesnt matter...he has it all..and he will break tons of records.......he is more complete than pete......he is starting to really get into his prime..he will dominate the sport (if not top 3) for the next 5 years barring injury....

i say he is more complete than pete....but lets see if he is as clutch as pete was....thats the difference...playing under pressure

Guest swirlundergrounder

federer is gonna take it........its gonna be a close match with andy...but roger will come out on top......

roger federer is the most fluid (flawless) tennis player (even more than pete)....if you have seen him live or not, it doesnt matter...he has it all..and he will break tons of records.......he is more complete than pete......he is starting to really get into his prime..he will dominate the sport (if not top 3) for the next 5 years barring injury....

i say he is more complete than pete....but lets see if he is as clutch as pete was....thats the difference...playing under pressure

Federer is one tough cookie. He's a slick and a very intelligent player