Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Miami and Crobar NYC...How do you compare?

LESjunkie

For those of you have been to both, how would you compare the two.

Stylistically and Aesthetically I'd say they both are very, very distinct from eachother. I think Crobar NYC is one of the beautiful clubs in the country---the architecture and design are truly remarkable...not to mention the venue is massive and there are many places to go and congregate. Reed room-- where there are huge bamboo shoots to meander through...the incredible dance floor with speakers that are practically a story high and blast crisp phazon,.....the stage...

the VIP prop room is awesome, The second floor that is a mezzanine where you can look down upon everytihng....the whole place is just great.

Both clubs are very MTV-esque...which kinda sucks...I hate the fact that there is an entire retail store at Crobar NYC. Give me a break...is this the future of corporate clubbing? I feel like im at applebees or TGI Fridays when I walk in.

Im babbling. I think both are awesome, not really sure if I'd pick which one I like better....I like the Miami Crobar because you can see the DJ booth...Here in NYC it is way out of view...Reason being they want the clubbing experience here in NY at Crobar to be based more upon the experience rather than focusing on the DJ- It's more about theatre of the absurd---live acts and random debauchery ensues that is pretty cool. Last week in NYC, midgets and electroclash suddenly came out to play- it was awesome! I love suprises like that-

Guest web_norah

i will simplify it

Crobar Miami - great sound, perfect space size for club and use of space (as old theater it couldnt have been better). dancefloor works perfect for me.

Crobar NYC - great space but DJ booth could have been placed elsewhere. dancefloor is too massive for my liking. first two rooms are great and seating areas are good as well. aesthetically, i still prefer crobar Miami but NYC is surely a nice use of space (comparing it to Spirit and Lotus)

but my heart is still *stuck* at Vinyl/Arc (less is more)

i will simplify it

Crobar Miami - great sound, perfect space size for club and use of space (as old theater it couldnt have been better). dancefloor works perfect for me.

Crobar NYC - great space but DJ booth could have been placed elsewhere. dancefloor is too massive for my liking. first two rooms are great and seating areas are good as well. aesthetically, i still prefer crobar Miami but NYC is surely a nice use of space (comparing it to Spirit and Lotus)

but my heart is still *stuck* at Vinyl/Arc (less is more)

your heart is stuck in that gross place because there is gum, cum, and puke all over the floor. that place was over....it was amazing, but time for a newer space with the same vibe...dont you think?