Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Control Room

www.controlroommovie.com

I need to go see this again. It has such excellent content and a lot of it is pretty epic and very, very enlightening. There is so much to learn from this piece it's difficult to absorb everything in one sitting.

Control Room is a documentary about journalism and war...concentrating on Al Jazeera mainly...and a few US networks. The filmmaker is an Arab American...

Critics have been describing this documentary as "the year's most essential film," and I might just agree with that. It is more of a piece you see to learn from-- to not only see jarring unseen war footage in iraq and dead bodies....but also to understand the perspective of the arabs...to get a ton of insight into what so many of us have been confused about---

---If Saddam Hussein is so hated by Iraqis and other arab countries, then why is there so much resentment, hatred, and why is there no appreciation for the fact that we destroyed him and his regime??---

I feel like the majority of Americans are confused by this...and when I left Control Room, I felt like I had clarity...It makes so much more sense now...shouldn't we all want it to make sense? The feeling I had was like to an epiphany...I think everyone should see this...and I imagine it will be shown in classrooms across the US...at least I hope so for our own well-being...so many people are misinformed...or simply uninformed.

i will say that Control Room lacks in terms of production...it's too bad, too...it seems a bit thrown together at times, and some moments are boring when with some simple narration or music the filmmaker could have made it a bit more compelling. Also, the way he tells the story is a bit confusing and he jumps from subjects-- It should have been organized to be more fluid and there is NO narration and NO music whatsoever, which in my opinion is a mistake.

Screenings in NYC are still going on in the East Village @ Sunshine Landmark Cinemas on E Houston b/t 1st and 2d aves.

It's opening all over South Florida tonite (July 16th) - go to the website @

http://www.controlroommovie.com/site/01.html

I look forward to hearing some of your opinions if you get to see it. ;)

Guest sarahcj

I totally want to see this. I think it's cool that other people are interested too. It shows that people do care about what is going on in the world.

I saw Osama in Feb, that is a very moving film, left me feeling sad at the way the world can be.

Hope Control Room is showing down here....

I totally want to see this. I think it's cool that other people are interested too. It shows that people do care about what is going on in the world.

I saw Osama in Feb, that is a very moving film, left me feeling sad at the way the world can be.

Hope Control Room is showing down here....

I was actually thinking that you specifically would appreciate this documentary, Sarah. It is now playing at the REGL South Beach 18 theatre-- so you can go check it out. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klit

This is a great documentary. I enjoyed it much more then that piece of garbage by micheal moore. This is biased though and they actually admit that in the movie abou ttheir broadcasts, but it does it best to be fair to both sides.

Funny quote from movie

"Democratize or I'll shoot" :o

Guest sarahcj

I was actually thinking that you specifically would appreciate this documentary, Sarah. It is now playing at the REGL South Beach 18 theatre-- so you can go check it out. ;)

Ah thank you I'll have to check it out!!