Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Trancepriest, techjunkie, and other geeks

Guest macboy

Guest endymion

I just use my Powerbook for that. MacStumbler is a really simple and nice warddriver.

I have never quite gotten those little keychain stumblers. Any time that I care I have my Powerbook with me. ??? Plus those things constantly detect strong signals for hotspots that I don't have access to. My pool deck is full of them. The challenge here isn't finding a hotspot, it's finding one that you can use.

I love this thing that people in my building have been doing. A few of the really super strong Airport Extreme hotspots out by my pool have phone numbers in the info message, so you can call the guy to ask him for a WEP password.

Guest trancepriest

I had a Compaq PDA for that type of stuff. But in general I agree with Tech... its not a matter of finding wifi but of gaining access to one. The peeps around your way that broadcast their phone number in the SSID are pretty kewl.. wish I could find free access like that in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Thinking of just paying the subscription to tmoblie to avoid the headaches. Whats really kewl about the builtin wifi receiver in the powerbooks is that their optimally placed. The signal in my bedroom used to be pretty weak on my emachines notebook with 802.11 pc card. Now its my second office. If only I had a heat pad for the powerbook i'd be straight. ;)

Guest endymion

The T-Mobile access is worth it. If you have a GPRS Bluetooth phone then get the T-Mobile GPRS service instead and your Powerbook will just always be connected to the net all the time no matter what hotspots around you are open. Full-time unlimited mobile access for $20/mo.

Guest macboy

The T-Mobile access is worth it. If you have a GPRS Bluetooth phone then get the T-Mobile GPRS service instead and your Powerbook will just always be connected to the net all the time no matter what hotspots around you are open. Full-time unlimited mobile access for $20/mo.

Isn't that real slow, like 33k? ???