Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza is racist central

Guest slopshark

Guest bcnjunkie
ever notice the irish and italians never cry and complain?

there you go again rambling about a topic you don't know a thing about !, time to put the little pipe down guido.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LdySphynx

btw the brits got the scene over to Ibiza, so i don't know what you're complaining about

Exactly one of my points mentioned in my post!!!

• 4 months later...
Guest steve_UK

Just a few points....

The Spanish ARE racists, no question. When the England football team played over in Madrid recently all of the black players were subjected to monkey noises from the Spanish crowd. It was so loud that the players actually stopped at one point in complete shock.

I am English and whilst I understand the point that Europe has been fighting itself for 100's of years, generally it is a welcoming place for all people.

I have a colleague who works in Madrid and she has lived in London and Berlin too. She states that she finds it incredible how many people verbally abuse her because of her skin colour something which she never got outside of Spain.

PLease also bear in Mind that Spain is a kingdom of smaller communities who don't necessarily get on with each other. It is possible that these people will spend their vacations in Ibiza and would think nothing of abusing others whilst there. The 'locals', ie Ibizan residents would not be to blame.

Before making any rash statements about england, Europe etc please take the time to discover the facts - racism is not big in England but is in the 'newer' european countries as they are adopting more narrow minded nationalistic policies which is not good for the future. English is widely spoken around the world and when hearing someone say the *n* word do not assume it is a Brit saying it. That word is possibly the most unacceptable word in England today, you will not hear people saying it, you will not see it printed anywhere.

Finally, don't let this experience prevent you from coming back over... there's good and bad in every community.

Guest klean2005

If Ibiza Is a racist spot what you call the social situation in USA ;) "Democraty ,Freedom and liberty of expression" ???

It is a lot of things in life that permitted or tolerated in Ibiza the same things will send you to jail or in trouble in all the other part of the world

• 3 weeks later...
Guest patmc

Just a few points....

The Spanish ARE racists, no question. When the England football team played over in Madrid recently all of the black players were subjected to monkey noises from the Spanish crowd. It was so loud that the players actually stopped at one point in complete shock.

I dont think that is quite true... To call spanish people racists because a group of football hooligans made monkey noises is a terrible generalisation. I'm from the uk too, and the amount of times I have been to a football match and heard racial abuse hurled at players I cannot count. All countries have issues with racial discrimination, and in all honesty I know very little of Spain's, but I do know (as you pointed out) that every Spanish person who lives on the White Isle values the patronage of every single fun loving holidaymaker who goes there, and would never do anything to jeopardise that.

Its a shame your friend has suffered that abuse, but it is a little strong to call all Spanish people racists on the basis of those two pieces of evidence.