Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KFC Debeaking

Guest swirlundergrounder

Ok bro, we get it.

You wanna up your post count real bad. :P;D

If I wanted to do that I would just post a bunch of smiley faces....

This is a topic that is somewhat important to me and it scares me how people treat the food that we eat. I used to love to go to KFC and get me some popcorn chicken and some mashed potatos etc...But everytime I drive by a KFC my stomach turns..... I just want to have the peace of mine that I used to have about the foods that I eat..That's all.....

Guest swirliegirlie

The rest of the story (that they did NOT show on TV):

Workers were filmed stomping on, kicking, and slamming birds against floors and walls. They also ripped off chickens’ beaks, twisted off their heads, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and tied their legs together for laughs. The investigation was conducted at this location because it was the site of a KFC “Supplier of the Year†award ceremony.

Okay I've got to say that some of the responses in this thread I find extremely disturbing. I personally am a member of PETA and PROUD OF IT.

I am proud to give a voice to those who have none. To the millions of animals who SUFFER for the extent of their short miserable lives then die horrible deaths so that people can stuff their faces with fast food. Whether or not you want to think about it, the corporate greed that has taken over farming has caused atrocious conditions on factory farms.

Peta does not support terrorist organizations. That is assinine and really doesn't deserve a response. Peta is not out to convert everyone to vegetarian by uncovering this type of abuse. Peta's goal is to enact a threshold of HUMANE treatment for all animals, what I personally call a low threshold. I would love to understand how any person who isn't a complete sociopath can possibly disagree with that goal!

If this type of abuse is accepted, or in some of your cases JOKED around about....well then that speaks loudly about our society and the individuals who find it funny.

It takes so little effort, to do so much for so many animals. Don't buy fur, don't go to the circus, and don't give business to companies like KFC until they really do enforce bare minimum standards. They put out a nice press release acting all shocked, but the sad sad truth is they have been turning their back to this type of thing and lying about it for YEARS. Peta acts in this way when their hand is forced, they have tried to negotiate for better standards for chickens with KFC for years, and I mean MINIMAL stuff and have been lied to and given the run around - this is not new! Its corporate greed at its best and these are living creatures who suffer for you in the process....750 MILLION killed each year just for KFC.

http://www.kfccruelty.com/

Guest swirliegirlie

techjunkie, it's all about compassion !!!

and only SOME studies show that plants have feelings. some studies also show that apples are bad for you.

i saw that video years ago when a peta friend of mine showed them to me

it's horrible what they do...

there are ways of killing animals that are humane. do they HAVE to crush their beaks before they kill them. do they have to make them suffer before they kill them? NO

i think we should go back to how the native americans treated animals before they killed them -- humanely -- and they even thanked the animals for giving up their lives for so they could have food.

they crush their beaks because they are so overcrowded and neurotic because they cannot do any of their natural behaviors that all they have to do is peck at each other. so the solution on factory farms is to chop off their beaks while they are fully concious and therefore stuff even more of them in to a tiny space with no windows.

its lovely. remember when we were kids and could go visit a farm. well if you take your kids to a factory farm they would have nightmares for life.

Guest swirlundergrounder

These animals definitely deserve much better. happy34.gif

That's more like it Renzo..... ;)

Guest pod

We'll see what you say when you're thrown into the ocean with a bunch of hungry sharks....

Those sharks have another thing comin'.

Guest Cosmigonon

I just had a KFC meal, 3 piece thigh and breast, and it was pretty good ;D. The Pepsi sucked though :P

Guest endymion

I carelessly ended the lives of several innocent plants tonight. I'm jealous.

You guys have a problem with the Japanese sashimi preparation technique where they filet the fish live and serve it to customers still wiggling and blinking?

that video is heinous and repulsive. I gagged at the end of it, and I have a very strong stomach for shit like this. I am hungover, so that surely had something to do with it....or maybe it was Bea...she is equally heinous these days--- :'(What the hell happened to my golden girl :'(

i bet Rue still looks good tho.

Guest endymion

You don't euthenize food. It's a chicken, it's not like we're going to give it a lethal injection. You throw it into a machine and McNuggets come out. If you can't deal with that concept then don't eat meat.

Guest shannon_coolj.

well, like i said, it's all about compassion

if you don't have sympathy and compassion for the other beings that live on this earth, then that's your problem.

you don't throw a chicken into a machine and out comes chicken nuggets. there's a whole lotta unnecessary torture in between

it sounds like some of you would be actually be upset if they were humane to animals before they killed them. that's sad...

to me, anyone who doesn't have compassion for animals has problems - go to therapy

Guest saintjohn
We're not designed to be vegetarians anyway.

"designed"? doesn't that suggest a "designer"?

anyway, evolution has brought me here. where i go from this point is up to me. we're not "designed" to listen to painfully loud sounds (hearing loss was rare before the industrial age), stay up all night (naturally nocturnal mammals can see better in the dark), or breathe artificial fog juice (no comment), either, but i choose to do so. as for eating meat, i choose not to.

Guest shannon_coolj.
We're not designed to be vegetarians anyway.

"designed"? doesn't that suggest a "designer"?

anyway, evolution has brought me here. where i go from this point is up to me. we're not "designed" to listen to painfully loud sounds (hearing loss was rare before the industrial age), stay up all night (naturally nocturnal mammals can see better in the dark), or breathe artificial fog juice (no comment), either, but i choose to do so. as for eating meat, i choose not to.

good argument, saint john ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

if you don't have sympathy and compassion for the other beings that live on this earth, then that's your problem.

you don't throw a chicken into a machine and out comes chicken nuggets. there's a whole lotta unnecessary torture in between

it sounds like some of you would be actually be upset if they were humane to animals before they killed them. that's sad...

to me, anyone who doesn't have compassion for animals has problems - go to therapy

Well said......

Guest shannon_coolj.

Well said......