Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HYBRID play Crobar, NYC Friday July 23rd

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

Hybrid aka Mike Truman and Chris Healings are set to release yet another new Y4K album due out this September on Distinct’ive Breaks. Do these boys ever stop? After their last artist album, “Morning Sci-Fi†released last October, the boys have been djing across the globe, and had many-a-studio session, producing tracks for the movie, “Man on Fire†starring Denzel Washington.

Hybrid kick off the summer with the following US tour dates:

Friday, July 23rd Crobar, New York

Saturday, July 24th Avalon, Los Angeles

Friday, August 27th Nation, Washington DC

Saturday, August 28th 1150, Atlanta GA

Tuesday, August 31st Kryptonite, Myrtle Beach

Friday, September 3rd Sonar, Vancouver CANADA

Saturday, September 4th Nocturnal Wonderland, San Bernadino, CA

Sunday, September 5th Hush, Victoria CANADA

Guest web_norah

details details.......

door at Crobar -- ridiculous, door staff claim to have a strict dress code for men ..i stood in line (as i waited for someone) and saw a number of irregularities, from jacket and tie to shorts and bandanas....i hardly think thats a dress code enforcement policy.

main room -- not entirely packed but plenty of energy going on, Rap's set didnt kill me, it was a mixture of hardhouse and 4/4 beats...i wasnt sure thats the proper act for Hybrid but at this point i had a recording to do - -

Hybrid -- f*** rocked it proper, first off with lots of basslines and mixture of chunky filthy house with some prog...as the night progressed, they got into nu school breaks and new material from Way Out West, Lee Coombs and some of their own remixes.....they were absolutely dominating that room! btw the nicest guys Chris and Mike, wish them the best on their film score endeavors in Los Angeles.....

crowd -- lots of freaks and loose male species searching for victims, that was very infuritating!

lots of industry, the Kinetic booking people, Collective Agency people, Funky Dumpling PR, Remix magazine photographers, No Cover indeed, and noticed from far Chris Cox from System Recordings......