Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest swirlundergrounder

The Missing

Guest swirlundergrounder

Anyone ever see this with Tommy Lee Jones and Kate Blancett? I was wondering if it was worth the rental...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Finally rented it last night. It's a really good movie and I'm surprised that it didn't get more attention for a Ron Howard film. It was really well done...

The movie stars Kate Blanchett and Tommy Lee jones who pursue a gang of renegade indians through the New Mexican desert in 1886 who have kidnapped Blanchetts daughter and 7 other young women to sell as sex slaves in Mexico...

Good plot with good characters and sharp cinemetography

Guest JMT

i remember when the movie came out, there was some attention to the fact that all the indian (apache i think) details were historically accurate. all the language was official apache dialect. some apache tribe members screened the movie and liked it.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i remember when the movie came out, there was some attention to the fact that all the indian (apache i think) details were historically accurate. all the language was official apache dialect. some apache tribe members screened the movie and liked it.

JMT, from getting to know your movie tastes a little from your posts, I think that you would like this movie also...

Guest JMT

JMT, from getting to know your movie tastes a little from your posts, I think that you would like this movie also...

i actually plan on watching this sometime, so im glad you gave it a thumbs up. i miss so many movies i want to see in the theaters these days, seems like there is never enough time to catch them all anymore.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i actually plan on watching this sometime, so im glad you gave it a thumbs up. i miss so many movies i want to see in the theaters these days, seems like there is never enough time to catch them all anymore.

Yeah don't forget about this one. I was skeptical at first becuz it was 137 minutes long but it didn't seem like it was that long it was just intresting. And that day and age in the old west out in the frontier was a really errie time period. I liked the movie becuz there wasn't to much over kill on the action and the relationships between the characters.. Plus Cate Blanchett and tommy Lee Jones are great actors so you can't go wrong there.... Let me know what you think after you see it...