Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For the Sasha Fans

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwri...nd_of_the_.html

DJ Sasha has made a radical decision. The superstar DJ plans to stop spinning records and CDs. He might even thrash his beloved Technics turntables. But don't cry just yet. Sasha will continue to make music, but in the future he will only be using computers to produce and remix his signature dance tunes.

"I know it is controversial, but I've had enough of vinyl," says Sasha in an exclusive interview. "Computers are revolutionizing what DJs can do and how they can interact with the music. Not only in the studio, but also in a live environment. It will change what people are going to expect from a DJ performance.........................."

Guest Adam Singer

us sasha fans have known this for a while 8)

stepping forward into the future, all digital baby!!!

i plan to make the same move when i get a laptop...

Guest web_norah

for those who CANT read....i posted because this was an actual interview with in depth comments about the matter.... as opposed to "us Sasha fans who know this already bla bla bla" ::) :

Guest durrtylexx

there's nothing like....I RESPECT DJ'S THAT MIXES W/VINYL ANYONE CAN CUE UP CD'S THOSE ARE JUST POSERS

Guest siuol_leahcim

you have to truly appreciate his ongoing effort to push things forward even though he, more than any other dj is in a position to keep his career running on cruise control.

Guest durrtylexx

you have to truly appreciate his ongoing effort to push things forward even though he, more than any other dj is in a position to keep his career running on cruise control.

I agree Sasha continues to move foward, like Sander K and others.But I see it more and more, dj's that will just mix w/cd's I grew up colllecting vinyl, and I believe that vinyl is where one develops one's skills.I respect DJ's that use both, but mixing vinyl is an art, not pushing buttons.

Guest web_norah

well i truly appreciate both efforts

but the fun of seeing someone play vinyl is a huge part of going to see a DJ imo!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I agree Sasha continues to move foward, like Sander K and others.But I see it more and more, dj's that will just mix w/cd's I grew up colllecting vinyl, and I believe that vinyl is where one develops one's skills.I respect DJ's that use both, but mixing vinyl is an art, not pushing buttons.

You make me want to cry... A piece of vinyl, a record itself is so much more than 1's and 0's or a piece of circuitry. Vinyl has so much more mystique than raw data...I use all formats and I have to admit that to me, it seems as if something is lost when the music is not coming from the grooves of a piece of vinyl... Yes technology is good and it's good for EDM but making something easier to do is not necessarily making it better... Oh -oh we better not let Andrew Chibale get word of this forum..He'll have a feild day here as a CD pusher;)

Here we go again. We should just scroll through the achived threads about this subject and cut and past them on to this thread to save time....