Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baseball Trades

Guest guyman1966

Guest guyman1966

I think the Marlins did very well with this trade. Penny's arm will be missed, but starting pitching is one of our strong positions. Catching, relief pitching and a stronger bat in the middle of the line up will be great additions. I think the more interesting story here is that trading Penny now send a clear signal that they want to keep Carl Pavano when his contract is up (I think at the end of this year).

On other trades - Red Sox - Why even bother. Its kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Dodgers - that GM's career is ova! They have no catcher!!! Harvard Business School of Business rule #118 - never let go of a secure rope, until you have another ready to go.

Guest r3nz0

The Marlins did well.

The Cubs did great--got the NL starting shortstop for next year's All-Star Game.

The Red Sox should have never traded Babe Ruth 84 years ago.

Guest guyman1966

Funny thing - I think that the last trade w/ the Dodgers was also for a catcher. Do you remember that Piazza was a Marlin for a 1/2 a day.

Guest lyrik

Can I ask you guys this.....who did the Red Sox get for Garciaparra because that was a horrible move.

prospects and cash I think. They think it will be better for the team chemistry since Nomar wanted out and wasn't happy there since the whole A-Rod thing.

Guest guyman1966

Can I ask you guys this.....who did the Red Sox get for Garciaparra because that was a horrible move.

prospects and cash I think. They think it will be better for the team chemistry since Nomar wanted out and wasn't happy there since the whole A-Rod thing.

I also think his contract might be up soon. Thus - why it was a cash/player to be named later deal. There was no talks of the trade going down in conjunction w/ a contract extention.

Guest LdySphynx

They got Orlando Cabrera from the Expos...which I might add he homered his first at bat as a Red Sox!!!

Also the Red Sox made a wise move...Orlando Cabrera is one of the players with the most brightest futures in the MLB and very overlooked ShortStops, he has won 2 Golden Gloves and was nominated Rookie of the Year. Plus Garciaparra's stat numbers have gone down in the past 2 years and has been about 2 or more times on the DL in the past 2 years due to Wrist Injuries.

So you see it was a very very intelligent move on the Sox part!!! ;D

Guest Abraham Abromowitz

Baseball has become to violent for my taste.

I think the only true sport left is soccer.

Peace, Love, Shalom!

Guest lyrik

Peace, Love, Shalom!

Ya but don't soccer stadiums have those mass riots....and didn't some umpire just shoot a coach dead and injure some players as well? Better get something new....how about bowling....the players there are usually too fat and drunk to cause any drama.

Guest Abraham Abromowitz

Peace, Love, Shalom!

Ya but don't soccer stadiums have those mass riots....and didn't some umpire just shoot a coach dead and injure some players as well? Better get something new....how about bowling....the players there are usually too fat and drunk to cause any drama.

Those are just the crazy fans. The game is still pure. You never see teams fighting.

Guest swirlundergrounder

but the violence in basball only reflects the true nature of the game of baseball which is tension.....

Guest LdySphynx

Peace, Love, Shalom!

Oh and you don't think that a Whole Soccer Team getting locked in their Locker Room and getting threatened to get put on fire and have them get sent to the hospital by FANS is not violent... ???

If you don't know what i'm talking about this happened in Peru,South America last year, and that is just one of the few things we hear that happens daily :o!

Guest swirlundergrounder

On other trades - Red Sox - Why even bother. Its kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa ;D

Guest LdySphynx

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa ;D

Very Good point, but you have to give them an A for effort :D.

Guest Cosmigonon

Peace, Love, Shalom!

Those are just the crazy fans. The game is still pure. You never see teams fighting.

Siiii, Futbol, siiiiiiiiiii!! ;D