Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Entrance to clubs in SOBE

Guest mcgeester0004

Guest mcgeester0004

I have been to SOBE each of the last four years. Everytime I have gone to the clubs, I have brought females with me. It was no problem getting into clubs. This coming Aug 26 I will be going back to SOBe with one of my guy friends. Is there a way I can assure myself entrance without having to buy a bottle or reserving a table? I have seen groups of guys turned down for entrance because they didn't have any women with them. Please advise. Thanks

Guest mikepayne

I wouldn't necessarily say you'd be straight up refused entrance, but you may have to wait longer. As long as you are dressed nice and look like you were going to spend money, you should be fine. They need guys who are going to buy themselves and the single girls' drinks just as much as they need the girls to draw the aforementioned guys.

Guest mcgeester0004

Thanks for the response mdp. I always try to look my best and I definitely do spend lots of money at the clubs.

Guest DJTeKWReK

dude, miami isn't that shallow.

DUDE... YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE LIGHT... WRAPPED UP LIKE A DEUCE, ANOTHER ROAMER IN THE NIGHT!!!!! Miami is the most shallow place in the world... Why do u think we're BELOW SEA LEVEL round here?!?!?! M.I.A.M.I., as Pitbull calls his new album (Money Is A Major Issue)

Guest DJTeKWReK

Btw, anyone that pays to get in clubs is dumb. Every lub owner WANTS you in. You just gotta know HOW TO GET IN. They make money at the bar, not the door. NETWORKING BABY!!!! THE BEAUTY OF THIS INDUSTRY!!!!!!

Guest coach

Nooooooo... Anyone who pays to get in a club is a TOURIST, and we *love* them. It is because of them that us locals get to go to the clubs for free all year long. I know that the majority of revenue is made off the bar, but a small but significant portion still comes from the door.

Guest pod

Umm I have to interject here.

Why bother with sketchy guestlists via forum postings when you can get the sure thing via this very website?

Check out the listings to your right, under the heading ".clubs." and go to town. The parties we recommend are top-notch, and we always have some sort of compensatory entry for the itinerant tourist to the Miami Beach nightlife scene.

If you are here on the 26th, please stay until the 29th at least so you can attend the 2004 .cooljunkie. DJ Spin-Off finals at Club Space. Watch as the hottest fresh DJ talent from the local area battles it out to become the 2004 .cooljunkie.com DJ Spin-Off champion.

Plus as an aside, the whole of the Downtown Entertainment District will be cordoned off for the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards Street Party, which goes from Friday until Sunday. So prepare to get down with 10,000 of your best friends.