Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakey's NEW Album "Creamfields" is his BEST in a long time

Guest musicismylife7

Guest musicismylife7

Oakenfold's new Creamfields double disc is out, I just picked it up last

night.  This just might be his best mix since Another World in my opinion.

This album takes me back to the nostalgic days of classic Oakey- it's a

really big, uplifting trance mix.   Although each track is absolutely

bangin, my favorite tracks are Matt Darey pres Li Kwan "Point Zero" (kicks of the album in a great way),  D:Fuse "Living The Dream," and the Oakenfold remixes of Mauro Picotto "Lizard", Carlos Vives "Como Tu", U2's "Beautiful Day" (a HUGE remix). Each track was either re-edited or re-mixed by Oakenfold himself, and it makes a big difference as the tracks flow together perfectly.

There's an e-card with audio at the links below.

http://www.thrivemusic.com/mini/oakenfold/

Guest ddg

ive been hearing the cd since it came out.....and....the matt darey track starts it off banging (everything matt darey touches is money)...but from there i dont like the way it goes...almost regresses for some tracks.....i like the d:fuse track (i had to hear it a couple of times to get the hang of it)....and the tilt track-the world doesnt know....is incredible....prob be hearing a lot of that tune

as for the second disk...ive only heard the first 4 or 5 tracks...starts off with breaks...again with a banging track (Dj Suzy Solar- Ocean of love)..but again slows it down for the tracks following.....

in my opinion..it doesnt get close to his old resident at cream double disc....but its a good cd.... ;)

Guest trancelator

I agree, Diego Armando. That first track got me reminiscing about trance in 1999 but then the cd kind off went down hill. The Carlos Vives and U2 remixes make me cringe when I hear them. I always like Picotto's and Fleming's stuff so that was a good way to end the mix. It's the best thing he has done in a long time but it is far from his best.

Guest musicismylife7

I personally think the album gets better than better as I listen to it. As one mentioned it totally took me back to the late 90's.

At the present moment, my FAVORITE is "Living the Dream"-D:FUSE. D:Fuse is always cool. Check out the Perfecto Chills II Vol. II for another version of "Living the Dream" and also the tracks are real easy to listen to and relax to when you come back from the club or from a bloody long day at work. Let me know what else you guys are going crazy over these days.

P.s. anyone check out Z-trip-live in los angeles??