Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what do u think it takes to be a good dj?

clubmanxtc

1) Mixing.

2) Learning when/why to bring a record in at a certain point.

3) Track Selection.

4) Programming, Programming, Programming.

5) ** CREATING ENERGY WITH ANY STYLE OF MUSIC.

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

-- Someone who loves music...ALL TYPES...not just house....

-- Someone who can read the crowd, and know what they want...

-- Someone who who can decide if something is good on his/her own...They don't have to wait til someone else plays it before they drop it.

-- I especially like when a dj works well with his lights guy...When those two can be on the same page, some amazing stuff happens.

-- Someone who loves to make people happy. What I mean is someone who is back there, not just for himself...but for the love of music and the love of us...WITHOUT US AND WITHOUT THE MUSIC, THERE WOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS A TALENTED DJ!!!

ONLY 16 DAYS AWAY TIL CPI...CAN'T WAIT TO HERE JASON DROP AUBREY ON THE CPI FAITHFUL...

1)Mixing skills-No train wrecks allowed

2)Programming

3)Energy

4)Programming again!

5)Reading the crowd

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

thanx toronto.....

--I love to see when a dj is enjoying the music as much as I am....When they are in the booth dancin their ass off....it shows they are into this just as much as I/we are...

---

What is my problem w/man you ask....NO...I ask what was man's problem with me???

micro23_99 had a valid point, without a decent crowd, decent soundsystem, decent lighting guy, you would not have a decent deejays. So true, sometimes in this hyped up world of superstar deejays we forget the other people.

Peace

------------------

"No Sound System Is Safe"-Leftfield

Any body can mix two records together with a little practice. But that doesnt make you a dj. You need to know how to play a whole night from start to finish. Playing to the crowd, building the enegry the right way. Playing bomb after bomb is not the right way to do it. You here smaller local djs doing that. Thats there way of going off.