Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can someone please help me and tell me where I'm wrong???

highmay

Now, everyone should know who the group Underground Resistance is. Now, it was my understanding that Jeff Mills headed up UR, and is part of the second generation of the Detroit techno movement, who was fathered by Juan Atkins and Rick Davis. UR and the Detroit heads eventually inspired the Euro trance scene.

Now I'm unclear as to Chicago's role in house music today. The likes of Lil' Louis, Franky Knuckles, Larry Heard (Mr. Fingers), Jihad Mohammad, etc.: were they the inspiration to Tee Scott, Nick Siano, and Larry Levan? Is it the other way around? Or, like spontaneous evolution, did these DJs come out all at the same time, after the death of disco and the birth an evolved dance sound? Or do I have it all screwed up? Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Coming soon...

The signature that will end all signatures...

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Here is the history of detroit techno in a nutshell. Jeff Mills technically did not head up UR, he helped set it up. Mad Mike Banks was the founder of UR and still is the owner of it. Jeff Mills helped set it up but in 1992 he was offered a residency at limelight by Peter Gatien and he took off. Now the founding of Detroit Techno goes to three people known as the Belleville Three (Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Kevin Saunderson), they really started the techno movement. The second generation of techno people goes to Carl Craig, Kenny Larkin and Stacy Pullen. See in 1987, May released the Techno Blueprint called Rhythim is Rhythim and it still stands to this day. If you really want a history of house music and a history of trance and techno, go to www.allmusic.com

You can type in any of the above names or genres and will get a history. Also there are two books that you should look for at your bookstore. First book is called Rough Guide to House (which has a pic of armand van helden on the front) and Rough Guide to Techno. Both of these books will give a history of both scenes and sort of tie it in. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

Peace

------------------

"No Sound System Is Safe"-Leftfield

Thanks a lot for the info bro...I appreciate it...Take care.

If anyone else can help me I appreciate it.

------------------

Coming soon...

The signature that will end all signatures...

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

[This message has been edited by highmay (edited 04-29-2001).]