Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Motorcycle Diaries

Guest klit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest web_norah

New York Times has a great interview with Gael Garcia about this film and also the NY Times magazines has a questionnaire with the Brazilian director of Motorcycle Diaries....i cant wait! and there are great views of the Andes mountains in the film 8)

New York Times has a great interview with Gael Garcia about this film and also the NY Times magazines has a questionnaire with the Brazilian director of Motorcycle Diaries....i cant wait! and there are great views of the Andes mountains in the film 8)

The Brazilian Director is Walter Salles....who was also the EP for City of God.

Guest klit

cos Miami is slow.

Have you seen it yet? From your posts on here seem to have good movie taste, so let me know what you thought about it if you've seen it.

Guest web_norah

i am going to check it out this weekend.

thanks. i enjoy mostly foreign films, few Hollywood blockbuster type movies, mostly indies and documentaries.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klit

I saw it sat. night. Movie was well acted, soundtrack was awesome, and story was very good. I didn't like the crowd reaction though. People clapping after che says something is a bit odd over here I think. I mean if you are living in miami, spending american dollars, and enjoying a new life away from your old life back in latin america you have no place to be acting a certain way.

Che believed in a good idealogy where everybody could be equal and hopefully nobody living in hardships, but its one that would never work. And he went about his revolution using violent means, the movie was not about that but it should have showed that side of him I think to be realistic. They just made him look like a hero with only positive characteristics.

Still a very good movie.

Guest JMT
.... And he went about his revolution using violent means, the movie was not about that but it should have showed that side of him I think to be realistic. They just made him look like a hero with only positive characteristics.

thats the biggest knock ive read about the film, it makes him look too nice.

Guest Cosmigonon

I saw it sat. night. Movie was well acted, soundtrack was awesome, and story was very good. I didn't like the crowd reaction though. People clapping after che says something is a bit odd over here I think. I mean if you are living in miami, spending american dollars, and enjoying a new life away from your old life back in latin america you have no place to be acting a certain way.

Che believed in a good idealogy where everybody could be equal and hopefully nobody living in hardships, but its one that would never work. And he went about his revolution using violent means, the movie was not about that but it should have showed that side of him I think to be realistic. They just made him look like a hero with only positive characteristics.

Still a very good movie.

i agree. Che was just a comunist whose dream was to violently overthrow the governments of latin america, thus making us part of his Comunist paradise. I don't see anything admirable on him.

Guest web_norah

for those who think they know....please read a book on the life of Ernesto Guevara or read the Motorcycle Diaries and then open your mouths with an opinion.

Guest Cosmigonon

for those who think they know....please read a book on the life of Ernesto Guevara or read the Motorcycle Diaries and then open your mouths with an opinion.

Or maybe I just won't give an opinion on anybody unless I read their boigraphy first, pfffff........ ::)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest web_norah

just saw this film over the weekend

awesome imagery, the travelling, the places they stopped at, the people they meet, it is a nice very unpolitical story of two friends....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest LeVeL

WOWSER!!!! :o

What a fucking film...very...very well made. I just love how they featured the beautiful landscapes of the Andes Mountains in this film. Also how they demonstrated in this film how beautiful the countries of Argentina, Chile, Peru really are. Something that us latins have known all along. Gael Garcia and the guy who played the Chubby guy in the film were great. Great acting...I loved the soundtrack. Definetely a touching film in my opinion...I loved every minute of this movie. And the hidden message in the film which was if us latins got together and United each other we would be unstoppable.

very Inspirational Movie...I recommend it to anybody who likes Independent Films or loves Spanish Flicks Period. And if your latin and you love your heritage this is defeinetely a must watch film.

A+ all around in my opinion.

Guest eatbiscuits

Rented this movie with high expectations as the reviews were so good. But I must say, I'm a little disappointed. I expected a much better storyline but it's not entirely a bad flick :-\