Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am going to Morrisey

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

he was my 80's male icon alongside Robert Smith from the Cure

_40160977_morrissey_203.jpg

Morrissey, the former Smiths singer who has enjoyed a chequered solo career since the late 1980s, releases his latest album, You are the Quarry, on Monday, after a seven year silence.

As the lead singer of The Smiths, Steven Patrick Morrissey became one of the 1980s' most unlikely icons.

With his National Health spectacles, hearing aid, and gladioli hanging out of back pockets, the singer struck a chord with music fans who felt left out by the slick, chart-friendly pop stars of the time.

The combination of his lyrics and the emotive guitar-playing of bandmate Johnny Marr turned the Manchester band into one of the most influential groups of the last 25 years.

The distinctive lyrics of the sometime wannabe-music journalist on tracks such as How Soon is Now, Last Night I Dreamed Somebody Loved Me and Ask, painted the picture of a terminally shy, sexually reticent outsider.

The persona was one Morrissey would jealously guard through The Smiths messy break-up in 1987 and into his solo career.

Born to Irish parents in Salford on 22 May 1959, the young Morrissey was a shy, well-read teenager who became passionate about music and film.

Guest web_norah

how dare those Russian pseudo lesbians copycat Morrisey> he was angry and defiant for real -not like those losers of today, Avril Levigne and the wimpy looking tatooed dudes from MTV's TRL...AS IF >:(