Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sept. 22 GRAMMY Electronic/Dance Event

Guest robyngrammy

Guest coach

love the pod even though he hates on the prive sometimes. i am still waiting to get you over to mansion.

i am still waiting to get mansion over to cj 8)

Noice!

Guest jbof

:)

You are cordially invited...Sept. 22: In The Mix: Electronic/Dance Reception at Privé (invite below)

Get there early to learn about Recording Academy membership, initiatives and the GRAMMY Awards process from Recording Academy staff and members/DJs Bill Hamel, Ken Jordan and Stryke.

Read quotes below the invite from BT, Bill Hamel, Ken Jordan and DJ Rap.

grammy.bmp

"The Recording Academy is responsible for the GRAMMY Awards. The Recording Academy is made up of producers, artists, remixers, mix engineers and many other music industry professionals and the voting members vote, nominate, and declare the winner of the GRAMMY awards in each particular field of expertise. Why am I sending you this message? Fifteen years ago, hip-hop only had two awards, but thanks to proper representation in The Recording Academy they now have as many as country/western and pop music. Dance music was only represented by two categories until now: Best Dance Recording and Best Remixed Recording. This year, a new category has been added: Best Electronic/Dance Album. We could all express our thoughts and ideas and possibly get more categories added. More voting members in our genre would also ensure that the people that actually win the Awards are a better reflection of what the public thinks. I can tell you first hand that merely being nominated has opened many new doors for me. I would like to see it open these same doors for many of my peers and influences along the way. So, if you are a professional musician, DJ, remixer, or ANYTHING, I think it is your responsibility to join and speak up on what you feel is important regarding our Electronic community. If you'd like literature sent out to you, please email: florida@grammy.com" -- GRAMMY-nominated DJ/Remixer Bill Hamel

"The GRAMMYs are the most important words for all of music. We can't complain about how un-cool they are when it is all the artists, musicians, producers, engineers, etc. that are doing the voting. The thing we can do is get involved and make a difference. It is very important to become a registered member of The Recording Academy, submit electronic albums and vote!"--Ken Jordan, The Crystal Method

"The GRAMMYs are the most respected of all Awards ceremonies and we are super under-presented there. There has not even been an album category for dance music! This year, I put together a proposal to do just that and the only way we can be taken seriously as a community is to mobilize (in the same way the hip- hop community has) and become a unified voice for the advancement of dance music. With the help of the P&E Wing, Leslie Lewis, Carmen Rizzo and many other vocal advocates of our cause in the LA Chapter...many outspoken advocates in Florida, Steve Silk Hurley...too many people to name, if we get MANY more voting members we're going to be taken much more seriously. Join now, get involved!" --B T

"I am honored to be a part of this event, which marks a milestone in the history of Electronic Dance Music. Over 10 years ago, this music changed my life and it continues to inspire me, and a whole generation of music lovers as one of the most exciting and cutting edge styles of music out there. Today we rejoice as EDM finally comes into its own." --DJ Rap

Guest stryke303

I hope you are all able to come out and support this event and learn more about the Academy and our new category. This is our chance to prove that the music we love so dearly has a valid place in the world of all music. We have a real oppurtunity here to have our voices heard.

Guest robyngrammy

Don't Miss Out!! Come and support your local DJ community and learn what the GRAMMYs are all about and how you can get involved. Just added to the DJ line-up: Ralph Falcon.

You are cordially invited...Sept. 22: In The Mix: Electronic/Dance Reception at Privé (invite below)

Get there early to learn about Recording Academy membership, initiatives and the GRAMMY Awards process from Recording Academy staff and members/DJs Bill Hamel, Ken Jordan and Stryke.

grammy.bmp

"The Recording Academy is responsible for the GRAMMY Awards. The Recording Academy is made up of producers, artists, remixers, mix engineers and many other music industry professionals and the voting members vote, nominate, and declare the winner of the GRAMMY awards in each particular field of expertise. Why am I sending you this message? Fifteen years ago, hip-hop only had two awards, but thanks to proper representation in The Recording Academy they now have as many as country/western and pop music. Dance music was only represented by two categories until now: Best Dance Recording and Best Remixed Recording. This year, a new category has been added: Best Electronic/Dance Album. We could all express our thoughts and ideas and possibly get more categories added. More voting members in our genre would also ensure that the people that actually win the Awards are a better reflection of what the public thinks. I can tell you first hand that merely being nominated has opened many new doors for me. I would like to see it open these same doors for many of my peers and influences along the way. So, if you are a professional musician, DJ, remixer, or ANYTHING, I think it is your responsibility to join and speak up on what you feel is important regarding our Electronic community. If you'd like literature sent out to you, please email: florida@grammy.com" -- GRAMMY-nominated DJ/Remixer Bill Hamel

"The GRAMMYs are the most important words for all of music. We can't complain about how un-cool they are when it is all the artists, musicians, producers, engineers, etc. that are doing the voting. The thing we can do is get involved and make a difference. It is very important to become a registered member of The Recording Academy, submit electronic albums and vote!"--Ken Jordan, The Crystal Method

"The GRAMMYs are the most respected of all Awards ceremonies and we are super under-presented there. There has not even been an album category for dance music! This year, I put together a proposal to do just that and the only way we can be taken seriously as a community is to mobilize (in the same way the hip- hop community has) and become a unified voice for the advancement of dance music. With the help of the P&E Wing, Leslie Lewis, Carmen Rizzo and many other vocal advocates of our cause in the LA Chapter...many outspoken advocates in Florida, Steve Silk Hurley...too many people to name, if we get MANY more voting members we're going to be taken much more seriously. Join now, get involved!" --B T

"I am honored to be a part of this event, which marks a milestone in the history of Electronic Dance Music. Over 10 years ago, this music changed my life and it continues to inspire me, and a whole generation of music lovers as one of the most exciting and cutting edge styles of music out there. Today we rejoice as EDM finally comes into its own." --DJ Rap

Guest robyngrammy

;D

grammy.bmp

Guest robyngrammy

Please don't forget to RSVP to guest list. The event is FREE, but you must be on the list!

grammy.bmp

Guest musicalmissionary

Just RSVPed ;D

sounds like fun

Actually, it was. The woman who answered the phone had a very warm and soothing voice. She made my RSVP experience very enjoyable :)

Guest jbof

I find her voice very enjoyable as well, maybe I can introduce you to her.

link=board=2;threadid=6933;start=30#msg80733 date=1095801969]

Just RSVPed ;D

sounds like fun

Actually, it was. The woman who answered the phone had a very warm and soothing voice. She made my RSVP experience very enjoyable :)