Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your thoughts on Ivan...

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Do you think this is attributed to global warming? Also will anyone be making any extra preparations for say the next hurricane season. I know I'll be buying some form of alternative energy... preferrable solar. Here's an interesting article on wired Mag about Ivan:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,64952,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3

Guest LeVeL

That Hurrican Gene is forcasted to hit Miami. I heard this yesterday by some weatherman on FOXNEWS. This is so exciting for those Meteorologist because they are actually doing something this time around. But for the people its nothing but total trauma. As the years progress we will see more and more Hurricanes all we need now is the Nino or the Nina Weather systems to come and make it worst for us.

i posted about this in an earlier thread... since 1999 meteorology scholars claim we are in a period of increased hurricane activity. there up and down cycles that run for decades at a time.

the last period like this was from about 1920 to 1959 and there were 70 hurricanes recorded, 30 classified as "major." and that was before the days of doppler.

Guest LeVeL

It would be cool for the Nina Weather system to come around because its tends to swing Hurricanes to the north and makes it impossible for them to strengthen.

Guest LeVeL

Ohh Okay Jeanne.....sorry for the mispelling....lol

I dont know why the strongest hurricanes seem to have some of the most sissiest names out there. From Charly to Andrew to Hugo...... ::)

Guest web_norah

my thoughts basically are ....

cant plan any trips down to FL anytime soon -weather too unpredictable and dont want to dish out $$ to stay indoors and watch DVDs all weekend.

must deal with it til late Oct when northeast turns into an iceberg >:(

Guest dino

i posted about this in an earlier thread... since 1999 meteorology scholars claim we are in a period of increased hurricane activity. there up and down cycles that run for decades at a time.

the last period like this was from about 1920 to 1959 and there were 70 hurricanes recorded, 30 classified as "major." and that was before the days of doppler.

Yeah, that article in the first post is such bull shit. This stuff isn't caused by global warming. Certain far left enviromentalist want you to think that everything we do causes global warming and that eventually global warming will cause so much harm in the future. It is called mother nature people....global warming is a myth.