Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howells and Tenaglia

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

they rocked. club Roxy must have had approx 3000 people at one point....music ranged from techno to tech house during Howells set. he came before Tenaglia.....then at about 4 am Danny took over and rocked!

"Be Yourself" acapella over Jaimy "Freedom" sounded great...

Danny edits were flying left and right...."solid textures", some London GU tracks, Cascades of Colour, Monsoon - Art of Trance..............

"Turn me on", "Esperanca", "I Go Back" by Robert Owens, "Batucada", Deep Forest, and an opening with rain and thunder sounds.

it was sweaty and hot inside Roxy, holy shit....

DT is still my favorite DJ, i think his energy and amount of preparation that he puts into his sets is phenomenal. i realize he isnt everyone's taste but he still turns it out.

forgot this - Ivano Bellini rocking it out the dancefloor, Antranig, Danny Howells on the dancefloor, Bill Patrick, nice seeing lots of people from Arc and Vinyl days ;D

Guest trancelator

i realize he isnt everyone's taste but he still turns it out.

I think Tenaglia is someone who one grow to appeciate more and more as time goes on. I'm curious, what time was he on til?

Guest web_norah

he went on til about 10 am.....and (i think) DT is the type of DJ that grows on you, if you watch him take the decks and carry on, he builds and builds....then slowly takes you down and plays CLASSICS and everything else. if you're into loops, accapellas and up and coming music (not the stuff everyone else plays), then i can see anyone appreciating his style. again, it isnt everyone's cup of tea but his preparation is outstanding.

Guest trancelator

he went on til about 10 am.....and (i think) DT is the type of DJ that grows on you, if you watch him take the decks and carry on, he builds and builds....then slowly takes you down and plays CLASSICS and everything else. if you're into loops, accapellas and up and coming music (not the stuff everyone else plays), then i can see anyone appreciating his style. again, it isnt everyone's cup of tea but his preparation is outstanding.

No, I can see what you're saying. Last I saw Tenaglia, he was building his set and I was out of enery at 8 am. Next time, I'll get there to see what he does in the next phase of his set. To be able to spin for that long and develop it must be fascinating to see.

Guest trancelator

Felix @ Nocturnal, Howellween at Space and then Halloween at eNVy with Tenaglia sounds like a legendary weekend of clubbing in Miami. Sounds like I need to start marathon training if I'm to do that weekend. ;D

Guest LeVeL

Wow Norah you seem like you had a hell of a time, I for one have appreciated Danny Tenaglia for some time already...you can see clearly that he tries to deliver you good music without any genre barrier. Last time I saw him at Envy he opened with a rain and thunder intro with was assisted by Danny flashing a huge flash light over the crowd as thunder was being played on those speakers that Envy had bought especially for Danny that night. Thats was some trippy shit..all you can do then is listen to the sounds that Tenaglia is going to throw down, I just love it how interacts with the crowd....he's not like a statue behing the decks or a guy just jumping up and down or bobbing his head.

one thing that i've grown to appreciate about dj's is subtlety. i've never seen dt before, but from what i hear he exudes it. music selection, mixing, yadda yadda yadda. subtlety makes a great dj a great dj.

tiesto, my friends and haters, is a subtle dj. :P ;D

can't wait for the opportunity to see tenaglia 8)

Guest fairyDust

I just love it how interacts with the crowd....he's not like a statue behing the decks or a guy just jumping up and down or bobbing his head.

Agree'd ;D

Guest web_norah

i heard he opened up with decompression

:o

the opening smoked Howells and Howells played well. noone expected it really but the sounds of thunder, rain and that Phazon left everyone speechless.

Guest web_norah

intentional or not - the decompression was sort of prophetic. the morning after, it rained like i'd never seen before here in NY. post Ivan rains.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i realize he isnt everyone's taste but he still turns it out.

I think Tenaglia is someone who one grow to appeciate more and more as time goes on. I'm curious, what time was he on til?

That's why the biggest DJ's in the world still stand by the booth while he's playing and bow before him....OH BTW he's probably still playing as we speak....JK

Guest usmcr

I just love it how interacts with the crowd....he's not like a statue behing the decks or a guy just jumping up and down or bobbing his head.

Agree'd ;D

Pick up your phone girl! :P

Guest fairyDust

Agree'd ;D

Pick up your phone girl! :P

Hey! stick to the topic of the thread..lol