Clubplanet Nightlife Community

manogamous vs polygamous

Guest cutchemist

Guest cutchemist

The researchers discovered that while more men than women are squeezed out of the gene pool, Y chromosome variations indicate that those men whose genes survived tended to travel and to have multiple female partners.

The researchers will publish their work in the October issue of the journal Nature Genetics and in an upcoming issue of the journal Molecular Biology and Evolution.

"We may think of ourselves as a monogamous species, but we're coming from an evolutionary history that's probably slightly polygamous," said researcher Associate Professor Michael Hammer.

"If we're shifting toward monogamy, it's so recent it hasn't left an imprint in our genome."

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/enviro/EnviroRepublish_1204826.htm

Guest shannon_coolj.

interesting...

i think we were programmed to not be monogamous...but we've come a long evolutionary way from being simple animals so things are changing. there are still programmed things inside of us that i think will still take thousands of years to subside (if we're still here then!)

that's still no excuse though. if you take the marriage vows or if you're with someone exculusively, you can't use evolution as an excuse for cheating.

Guest Abraham Abromowitz

...but we've come a long evolutionary way from being simple animals

I'm not so sure of this. Have you been watching the news? Not enough people are willing to go out of their way to be nice. I pray that people will learn to hug and not hurt eachother.

Shalom and Love

Guest endymion

Humans are sluts. The ones who aren't want to be. The difference between us and jungle animals is that each of us has the potential to be an ethical slut.

Guest cutchemist

Humans are sluts. The ones who aren't want to be. The difference between us and jungle animals is that each of us has the potential to be an ethical slut.

.....ok

Guest Clarisa

Humans just like animals are programmed to procreate. The issue with humans is that we have intelligence and have tried to conditioned our mentalities to be monogomous.

Guest bcnjunkie

.....ok

LOL, LMAO ha ha ha ha ha

Guest endymion
you can't use evolution as an excuse for cheating.

sounds like a perfectly logical defense to me

If you're cheating on anybody then you're doing it wrong.

Ain't that the truth.

I have no isses with polygamous relationships of any sort, as long as all the parties involved are aware of what is going on. Ethical whoring if you will ;D