Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pawn Shop tonight?

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

Anybody checking out the Pawn Shop tonight? It's the first night apparently? Sarah's column made the place sound pretty interesting so I was thinking about checking it out, just curious if anybody else might be there.

Guest endymion

where's it at?

Downtown Miami, near Space and Envy and all of that. This is all I know. That and that I know for sure that it's open to the public tonight for the first time.

I guess they'll play some "techno"?

:)

Guest web_norah

this name is funny for a club-->Pawn Shop . very clever. when i read this, i thought Tech was getting ready to trade a valuable piece of "something" to get some dirty Benjamins :D

Guest pod

I found it odd though, that with the place being marketed as a bit down to earth, that they had this Ocean-Drive-esque star power opening.

Guest web_norah

hmmm. stars behind "names", clubs and labels ...reminds me of the Von Dutch hats fashion fad.....trucking became the celebrity piece of clothing de-jour. Kabbalah. gold chains. same shit. ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Didn't Paris Hilton make an appearance there..I thought I saw it on Deco Drives party patrol...

Guest pod

Yeah, and she dragged down the collective IQ of the crowd in a major way. I feel stupider just being on the same planet as her.

Guest coach

I found it odd though, that with the place being marketed as a bit down to earth, that they had this Ocean-Drive-esque star power opening.

This seems to be one of those weird Miami trends. Like, if you want to find some of the hottest, nicest-dressed people around, go to Automatic Slims, that markets itself strongly as a locals, no-door-policy hangout. I like the Pawn Shop idea, though. Tonight is a little busy, unfortunately. Give us a review, Tech.

Guest pod

I saw the same thing happen at Rokbar. Their ad campaign is one of getting piss drunk and no bullshit, but I've heard nothing but bad things about their door policy. I was shocked that they had one aside from the legally-required bouncer checking IDs, then I was further surprised to find out that it pretty much amounts to knowing the guy out front.

Automatic Slim's isn't a bad place at all. I never go since it is packed to the rafters, and I'm not a fan of overcrowding. A crowd is nice, but not sardine city...

went.

really cool place. definitely the most unique decor i've seen in a club. good amount of people for a first night, constant stream of people coming in and out. lighting system was very impressive, perhaps a bit too bright, but that didn't bother me. sound system was very good as well. the vip areas are really cool, there's a school bus and a camper, they even have a grill out in front of it. i was trying to judge the crowd, but i think that'd be jumping the gun a little, being that it was the first night. it wasn't my kind of crowd, but i'll go again simply for the atmosphere. towards the end of the night a catastrophe, plumbing problems in the bathroom, water everywhere in the bathrooms. management did a good job taking care of it, hell, you can't expect everything to run perfectly. it was a good laugh.

so go check it out ;D

Is this place the place directly right next to space or is this somewhere else cus i went to space last week and dont recall anything saying the pawnshop or noticing anything looking remotely like a club. I'd like some intel cus i dont like driving around down town during midnight not knowing where im going.

Guest web_norah

off the NY Post ...............

Keith Richards caught Paris Hilton's singing performance at the opening of Miami club Pawn Shop last Saturday. Hilton sang songs from her new album live on stage. But sadly, the Rolling Stoner was in no condition to critique her performance: According to fellow partygoers, the 60-year-old was incoherent and had trouble even standing upright.

Guest mattelove

Did anyone see the footage on Entertainment Tonight last week of the pawn shop and Paris Hilton singing in the booth. She almost knocked over my monitors. LOL