Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Satellite Radio

Guest klit

Guest guyman1966

The programming is way better.

Is the NFL on Direct TV not on option for you?

Programing seems the same to me...

I like the NFL because when I'm on my way to or home from the Dolphins game, I can listen to a specific game and follow the player(ers) I'm interested in. I also like hearing the commericals in other markets.

And - FU Matas!!! The only talk radio I listen to is sports. And - I might be old, but I've still got hair on my head.

Guest trancelator

I like the NFL because when I'm on my way to or home from the Dolphins game, I can listen to a specific game and follow the player(ers) I'm interested in. I also like hearing the commericals in other markets.

To each their own. I'll have to make my own determination when I get Sirius. The only way to make a truly fair comparison is to have both. ;D

Guest guyman1966
And - FU Matas!!! The only talk radio I listen to is sports. And - I might be old, but I've still got hair on my head.

barely...i saw that bald spot when u took ur cap off last week...

I'm sorry to tell you, you are folicly challenged. I'm not. Let's bet who has more hair on his head. Dollar per hair - I'll even let your girlfriend count

- ooooopppppppssssss :-X

Guest guyman1966

To each their own. I'll have to make my own determination when I get Sirius. The only way to make a truly fair comparison is to have both. ;D

I've tried to listen to XM - but Matas only wants me in the backseat of his car and I won't go.

I'm sorry to tell you, you are folicly challenged. I'm not. Let's bet who has more hair on his head. Dollar per hair - I'll even let your girlfriend count

- ooooopppppppssss

tell ya what...i will let my hair grow out, instead of shaving it...and we can go "hair for hair" to see who has more...u will find urself on the end of a losing bet (no pun intended, old man)

Guest endymion

just curious, and i havent see it mentioned yet, but is the technology out there to feasably pirate satellite radio, like tv??

Theoretically possible but I don't know of any products available yet. Some of the satellite TV encoders took a really long time for the black market to hack, so it could take a while.

Sirius is available also via net radio for subscribers, not sure about XM. Those are ordinary MP3 streams so it would be easier to eavesdrop on a subscriber or hack their net radio authentication system than to hack the satellite encoder and steal the airwave signal. But that illustrates how silly the idea is, since it's much easier to just go to some free net radio station instead.

Guest JMT

just curious, and i havent see it mentioned yet, but is the technology out there to feasably pirate satellite radio, like tv??

Theoretically possible but I don't know of any products available yet. Some of the satellite TV encoders took a really long time for the black market to hack, so it could take a while.

Sirius is available also via net radio for subscribers, not sure about XM. Those are ordinary MP3 streams so it would be easier to eavesdrop on a subscriber or hack their net radio authentication system than to hack the satellite encoder and steal the airwave signal. But that illustrates how silly the idea is, since it's much easier to just go to some free net radio station instead.

gotcha, thanks.

XM offers online as well...but u need to purchase a special receiver that goes on ur computer to hear it...

Guest klit

It'd be worth a shot just for the sake of experimentation though.

Haven't tested it myself but asked some peeps down there and sirius works down there but not xm.