Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming to NYC

Guest somefiercehouse

Guest somefiercehouse

I know it may be a little early, but we just got our plane tix last night, so I'm just excited....

But I'm going up to NYC Thanksgiving week...of course, for DT vs Lawler.

Does anyone know of anything else good going on from November 24-29?

Its my first time to NY ever, so I've got a lot that I want to do, but I'm up there first and foremost for the music...so show me what you got!

Guest bradley_rose

Thanksgiving Week at Crobar is as follows:

Wednesday 11.24 (Thanksgiving Eve)

Boris

Thursday 11.25 (Thanksgiving)

Paul Oakenfold

Friday 11.26

Erick Morillo

Saturday 11.27

Roger Sanchez

To be placed on the Bradley Rose guestlist at Crobar for reduced admission for any of these, or other nights, please email bradleyrose001@yahoo.com before 9pm the night of the event.

Guest somefiercehouse

BUMP!

Roger Sanchez just killed it last weekend at Space. I'll prolly check that out and Erick Morillo. Thanks for the info everyone....I will be contacting you for the list Bradley Rose closer to when we get up there.

Guest SoBerPhoBic

I'm in the same boat as the original poster....This will be my first time to party in NYC with a friend of mine during the same days Nov24th-29th, before flying to Brazil to party for my 30th birthday on Dec.1st....Probably will check out the Paul Oakenfold show at the Crobar on the 24th for starters...Would be cool to see Danny T play also during that time....

I'll check back later in Nov....for updated event listings...but would like some suggestions like the original poster on Clubs/Bars that play Progressive House, Trance, chilled beats, and deep house.....I've heard of the Crobar, Icon, Cellar Bar, and Avalon....What are some good happy hours and wild after hour bar/clubs??....I'm 29, so not looking for teenie bopper joints, but definetly not looking for boring cocktail sippers playing with their garnish either...

Also looking for advice for some hip hotels to stay at near all the action..for under $450.00/night....Some place with two rooms and a stereo inside, with a possible decent bar inside/ and nearby...Preferably somewhere that isn't too scrict..don't want big dadddy watching all my moves while coming back to the hotel feeling real fruitty...

Appreciate any info you can swing...

-K

Guest somefiercehouse

..don't want big dadddy watching all my moves while coming back to the hotel feeling real fruitty...

Appreciate any info you can swing...

-K

At first I thought he said... "don't want big daddy watching all my MOVIES while coming back to the hotel feeling real fruitty..." I was gonna say, Sounds like quite the party, lemme know where you stay!....

Being used to partying down in Miami and some clubs there not ever having to close if they don't want...I'm not used to things actually ending.....so my questions is this....what is everyone's estimate on what time the DT vs Lawler thing might end? And is it going to be absolutly horrid trying to get back to my friends place in Williamsburg from Roxy with the Turkey Day Parade....the last thing i want to see after THAT event is a 6 story inflated Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Guest Fez

Thanksgiving Week at Crobar is as follows:

Wednesday 11.24 (Thanksgiving Eve)

Boris

Thursday 11.25 (Thanksgiving)

Paul Oakenfold

Friday 11.26

Erick Morillo

Saturday 11.27

Roger Sanchez

To be placed on the Bradley Rose guestlist at Crobar for reduced admission for any of these, or other nights, please email bradleyrose001@yahoo.com before 9pm the night of the event.

wow

i'm gonna be there for that weekend ;D

i was there last weekend.....i was told to got to IKON...it sucked ASS...and i didn't get a chance to go to Crobar....

but for TG i'll be there every nite

Guest Fez

Hey Fez,

What sucked about IKON? Just curious. I enjoyed it a few months back but haven't hit it since.

5 ppl in the dance floor....that's about it.....good thing tho....i met a couple of nice looking girls while i was there

Guest timoconnell

Yeah it's a big space to fill but I assumed that they could easily fill it with the big talent they're bringing in. Who was spinning?

Guest Fez

dunno who was spinning.....i'll check with my friend....i even recorded a video...lol

but from what i herad....it get pretty good on saturdays......they play spanish music tho.....but apparently it gets packed

Guest Clarisa

I know it may be a little early, but we just got our plane tix last night, so I'm just excited....

Its my first time to NY ever, so I've got a lot that I want to do, but I'm up there first and foremost for the music...so show me what you got!

Hollie Mollie :o:o I'll be in NY the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest somefiercehouse

Hollie Mollie :o:o I'll be in NY the same time.

WEEEEEEEEE! are ya gonna go to dt vs lawler?

Guest somefiercehouse

I don't know what to do anymore. I seen so many events that I can't choose.

YEAH.....but are any of those events DANNY TENAGLIA VS STEVE LAWLER???!!!! i don't think so! 8)

what other events are going on?

Guest Clarisa

I don't know what to do anymore. I seen so many events that I can't choose.

YEAH.....but are any of those events DANNY TENAGLIA VS STEVE LAWLER???!!!! i don't think so! 8)

what other events are going on?

One of the friends I'm going to visit up there works for Hot 97 so she's already lined up a couple of stuff. I'm more of an Oakenfold follower and he's going to be @ crobar. I also want to hit this club called mirage in washington heights (spanish music) that was absolutely great last time I went last year

Guest somefiercehouse

right on....i wanna try to make it to crobar too, but probably for Morillo or Roger Sanchez.

Check with "Bradley Rose" on this board, he can get you reduced admission for Crobar events I think.

Guest somefiercehouse

yeah I saw that. wooo hooo 12 more days. Sorry but I have to start my coundown!! ;D

yeah about that....my countdown started WEEKS ago! It's going to be different for sure it being cold when leaving a club! Its going to be wierd to have to leave by 10am too!

Guest Clarisa

I've been to NY in the winter and for sure it's not the same coming out the club when you're hot from dancing and it's cold as hell outside. I felt like my whle body was going to spasm ;D but well worth the trip though

Thanks for the tip norah. I'm guessing you live up there?

I've been to NY in the winter and for sure it's not the same coming out the club when you're hot from dancing and it's cold as hell outside. I felt like my whle body was going to spasm ;D but well worth the trip though

Thanks for the tip norah. I'm guessing you live up there?

Norah is correct, the weather is getting terrible up here. Today it rained the entire day and the air hovered around 34 degrees all day. Now it's nighttime, still raining, and you can see your breath. I'm not even leaving my warm clean apartment until tomorrow morning.

It's so easy to get sick partying in NYC all nite then walking out in the cold to get home...waiting for taxis all sweaty and scantily clad....it's a recipe for flu and cold. Be careful and be sure to wear a warm coat and just check it in coatcheck ;)

I'm definitely feeling a trip to Miami coming soon...though I dont think ill be down for conference, I'd rather come on an off-weekend to see some of my favorite people. (u know who u are)