Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC - 1st Big Rumor... Space Fest..

V. Barbarino

Guest LeVeL

betting against LP is nuts for any club industry person.

Tiesto alone could crush ultra. Ultra makes their money off the last few thousand tickets they sell, if lp steals 5 or 10 thousands customers, then ultra is in trouble.

Your right by LP taking Tiesto and PVD from Ultra it will definetly hurt them bigtime. I cant believe you of all people cheering for Tiesto in a situation like this.

In my opinion is kind of wrong for LP to do this? Why couldn't he do this Spacefest at another time. All he is doing is hurting an event like Ultra who brings tourist from all over the world for this one event. I mean its a great idea but its plain selfish.

betting against LP is nuts for any club industry person.

Tiesto alone could crush ultra. Ultra makes their money off the last few thousand tickets they sell' date=' if lp steals 5 or 10 thousands customers, then ultra is in trouble.

[/quote']

Your right by LP taking Tiesto and PVD from Ultra it will definetly hurt them bigtime. I cant believe you of all people cheering for Tiesto in a situation like this.

In my opinion is kind of wrong for LP to do this? Why couldn't he do this Spacefest at another time. All he is doing is hurting an event like Ultra who brings tourist from all over the world for this one event. I mean its a great idea but its plain selfish.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

more events means cheaper better events for the clubber. two events means more jobs, more capital being spent in the city with hight poverty etc...

I appauld lp for doing this.

Guest LeVeL

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

more events means cheaper better events for the clubber. two events means more jobs, more capital being spent in the city with hight poverty etc...

I appauld lp for doing this.

Okay so LP does Spacefest right when Ultra is going down. yeah acourse the Spacefest is going to be cheaper and its going to bring more job, which eventually brings more money to the city. Thats no surprise...I already knew that! But what is LP planning on doing this event every year from now on like Ultra does...I dont think so. LP is just doing this to show his dominance here in Miami. Which he obviosly does, he got people like you kissing his ass and talking about the guy.

its just a big Promotional Tool for his Club thats all it is.

Guest ramon

Let's not and say we did. We don't need a bunch of holier-than-thou 313 folk screwing things up. The artists might be alright, but don't associate it too hard with that damn area code.

do you even know where +31 is? its amsterdam .. which has some amazing artists who get no kind of exposure here .. it worked over there and i think it would work well over here as well.

it was a stage at movement which had teh best talent/vibe. stacey pullen closing the festival with howells' re-edit of i feel loved was just amazin.

it'd be nice to see some diversity at ultra its always trance and prog .. no love for techno.

Guest pod

I know where +31 is, I have global capability on my phone after all.

What I'm saying is that half the reason techno never works down here is that most people that are into it cop this holier-than-thou attitude that pisses off anyone who isn't "in" who goes. You're like the only one who encourages people to go, but you have to pass the memo on to the rest of the techno legion that having more people at a party isn't a bad thing.

Guest digitalx

Let's not and say we did. We don't need a bunch of holier-than-thou 313 folk screwing things up. The artists might be alright, but don't associate it too hard with that damn area code.

do you even know where +31 is? its amsterdam .. which has some amazing artists who get no kind of exposure here .. it worked over there and i think it would work well over here as well.

it was a stage at movement which had teh best talent/vibe. stacey pullen closing the festival with howells' re-edit of i feel loved was just amazin.

it'd be nice to see some diversity at ultra its always trance and prog .. no love for techno.

Electronic music in the US is far behind Europe.

It is basically pathetic. While artists of clearly superior quality music perform aka. . Infusion, SunProject, KoxBox, Underworld,etc. . .Djs like Tiesto get all the talk in the US!

What a joke.

Guest sobe2004

:o :o :o

shit is going to hit the fan soon..

;)

You are correct about this. Ultra may not even go on. LP has all the big boys lined up. Ultra can't offer what LP.

And as I posted yesterday . . . look for much more to come . . . this is just the begining kids . . .

I disagree. Ultra aka Alex Omes (the guy behind ultra) quadrouple books DJ's that time of year. With one phone call he offers 4 times as much exposure and more importantly 4 times as much $$$. He books Ultra festival, Crobar NYC, Crobar Miami, Crobar Chicago and the soon to be Crobar Downtown.

Everyone loves space down here.....even I love space....it's a beautiful venue. SPACE WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN THIS CONFERENCE FOR SURE!!! BUT....LP has no business doing a festival. He can't hang. He might have Tiesto and maybe even Deep Dish. But 5,000 people in the AAA looks dead.(and thats if they even give it to him during basketball season). That party cannot compare to 40,000 people at bayfront park w/ 7 arenas and over 100 dj's.

Louis, I love you.....but as it says in Sun Tzu's book The Art of War ...."Wars are won before the first battle is even faught"..........don't do it!!!!

Oh...and Happy Birthday!!!!!!

LP owns Space . . . Alex WORKS for Crobar . . . this story is certainly developing . . .

Guest klit

So if LP goes through with this he'll be able to book a dj to three different gigs. Spirits, Spacefest, and Space.

And Alex of crobar will have ultra, crobar, and possibly crobar downtown.

This works out great for the djs, great for us like saleen said, and great for lp and alex who will be able to get exclusivities to djs for less money and more gigs.

And about the selfish comments, what do you say about reports that proceeds are going to hurricane victims and charities.

Guest pod

Electronic music in the US is far behind Europe.

It is basically pathetic. While artists of clearly superior quality music perform aka. . Infusion, SunProject, KoxBox, Underworld,etc. . .Djs like Tiesto get all the talk in the US!

What a joke.

Again, what defines being far behind? I don't see the US as being behind, I see it as a different scene altogether. Infusion and so forth get all the talk in certain markets in the US. I don't know about you but myself and a lot of people were speculating on where they would play down here.

See it pisses me off a lot, these self proclaimed music gurus and trainspotters wandering around the clubs, giving each other complimentary handjobs and cleanups when they successfully spot ten tracks in a row. Little wonder girls are scared away from some parties. If 20 people gathered around a DJ trainspotting all night scares me away, I can only speculate what it does to a bunch of girls.

Trance Tiësto style may be cheese. It may not. It really is subjective. Objectively, Tijs made more money by January 30th 2004 from one club, than you or I did this entire year, plus he played the Olympics, and entertained a crowd of 5,000+ people in Miami multiple times to boot.

Infusion is still relatively new to the US scene, and they don't have the marketing muscle of Tijs and friends. Give them time though...just because you don't see them cracking the top of the US dance charts doesn't mean that the crowd here is ignorant, it just really means it takes time. The US is a hodgepodge of different cultures, belief systems, and so forth, and certain concepts, art forms, and ideas take longer to disseminate than others.

Europe is a bit different. Each nation is rather homogenous, and easier to market to, since you're only really accounting for say, the Germans, rather than "How are the Irish-Colombians in Miami Beach going to react to this?"

Behind? Nah. Different, yeah for sure. Saying the US is "behind" reeks of cultural imperialism and elitism, which by any yardstick suck ass.

In other words, don't worry, Infusion will have their day (especially if I have anything to say about it), and in the end you really need to consider taking up a bad habit like drinking and stop worrying so damn much about who is behind who.

Guest vaughan

OK...

Your flat-panel tans are killing me....

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET A LIFE! ;D

My name is Vaughan & I approve this message.

:-*

Guest web_norah

V - you took those words outta my mouth

to all the pseudo insiders and bla bla bla, i dont post rumours...

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GET A LIFE!

[glow=red,2,300]Putting ultimatums on any of the top DJs I believe will have a adverse reaction. From working with PVD over the years I will tell you he is the kindest and most fair person I have ever seen. I am betting women. And I am pretty sure he will be playing Ultra Music Festival and Club Space. He supports the festival and the club. Asking him to choose would be wrong and unfair.

P.L.U.R.[/glow]