Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seperating church and state......

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest bcnjunkie

Commandment 1 "You must not have any other gods except me." Very useful in today's society. Especially with the moral majority making laws, we will soon only have one God, and one religion. Sounds like what they want.

Commandment 2 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image." Ummm... don't even know what to say about this one except that alot of artists would be out of business.

Commandment 3 "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain." God damnit, I love this one, Jesus Christ it makes me feel so moral. The only person taking the lord's name in vain is W. when he says God makes his decisions for him. I guess it was God's idea to invade Iraq for those WMD's... err... Al-Quaeda links... err... to free the people so they would welcome us with open arms (I mean arms like with hands at the end not arms like AK-47's).

Commandment 4 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." Just like at Space on Sunday, and worshipping at the porcelain altar is not keeping the Sabbath holy.

Commandment 5 "Honour thy father and thy mother." OK, so all you guys tell your mom's and dad's that you're altering you minds, boinking underage girls, and having premarital sex.

We're only at 5, tell me again how these are helping your morality JMT? You don't do any of the things I've mentioned, it's just me?

Commandment 6 "Thou shalt not kill." Fair enough, 1 out of 6 that's 17%, sounds like an "F" to me so far.

Commandment 7 "Thou shalt not commit adultery." ROFL Trapeze, Miami Velvet, or Plato's anyone?

Commandment 8 "Thou shalt not steal." Turn in your IPOD's and uninstall Kazaa, but again, it's probably just me sharing the 3,000,000,000 tracks on Kazaa.

Commandment 9 "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." I know I've never spread a rumor without substance, ever in my life, and neither has anyone here I'm sure.

Commandment 10 "Thou shalt not covet any thing that is thy neighbour's." This one would bring the Capitalist economy to it's knees. No coveting = no motivation = communism. Aha! JMT is a communist!!! It also states thou shalt not covet thy neighbors' wife. I know nobody here has ever checked out that cute chick at the bar next to her boyfriend, that would be wrong.

So since these Commandments aren't doing a whole lot for our morals, why insist on shoving them down our collective throats. Wanna be a hypochrite err... ahh... Christian, hang them in your own house. Not in my government buildings.

Guest cutchemist

Commandment 5 "Honour thy father and thy mother." OK, so all you guys tell your mom's and dad's that you're altering you minds, boinking underage girls, and having premarital sex.

We're only at 5, tell me again how these are helping your morality JMT? You don't do any of the things I've mentioned, it's just me?

Commandment 6 "Thou shalt not kill." Fair enough, 1 out of 6 that's 17%, sounds like an "F" to me so far.

lmfao

Guest JMT

BCN you have the attention span of a 3 year old. i never said anything for the point you are trying to make. and no, i dont think i break the commandments using logical interpretation, not the idiotic trivial examples you give.

last time i checked, murder, theft and rape are INDEED ILLEGAL in this country. (those are the ones i singled out numerous times.) and why? bc the founders of this country believed in things like the 10 commandments. im all for religious freedom, so those type dont apply, but the founding fathers didnt forsee muslim extremists. if there was no punishment for rape or murder, could it become socally acceptable?

no one is shoving shit down your throat except your boyfriend, but by not breaking laws in this country, most importantly the ones above, you are living by these moral guidelines bc thats how this county was founded, not on the code of hammurabi. so then go somewhere else, please.

Guest bcnjunkie
i find the principles of the Ten Commandments still pretty sound in the 21st century.

Ok, this is what you said, so no, my attention span is not that of a 3 year old. But if you forgot you said it, then maybe you should look into treatment for Alzheimer's. ;)

What I was saying is 8 out of 10 commandments (rape is not covered in the 10 commandments) are irrelevant. Why not just post 10 relevant laws on our government building instead of 10 out of date rules that nobody follows except extremists (that would be Christian extremists) the very type of dangerous people you are talking about, just with a slightly different rule book. Seperation of church and state are very important, both for your freedoms and the freedoms of Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, etc. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. What if in 5 years they outnumber Christians in the US. How would you like to see in Allah We Trust on your money. Let's not set a dangerous precedent like allowing the most popular religion to make laws and control the government, because tomorrow, it may not be the one you picked.

Guest JMT
i find the principles of the Ten Commandments still pretty sound in the 21st century.

Ok, this is what you said, so no, my attention span is not that of a 3 year old. But if you forgot you said it, then maybe you should look into treatment for Alzheimer's. ;)

What I was saying is 8 out of 10 commandments (rape is not covered in the 10 commandments) are irrelevant. Why not just post 10 relevant laws on our government building instead of 10 out of date rules that nobody follows except extremists (that would be Christian extremists) the very type of dangerous people you are talking about, just with a slightly different rule book. Seperation of church and state are very important, both for your freedoms and the freedoms of Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, etc. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. What if in 5 years they outnumber Christians in the US. How would you like to see in Allah We Trust on your money. Let's not set a dangerous precedent like allowing the most popular religion to make laws and control the government, because tomorrow, it may not be the one you picked.

by "principles" i mean treat others like you would like to be treated, which is what they are basically about. sounds like a good idea to me. never once did i say these should all be implemented into laws, as you of course suggested i did. and i think rape is covered by not coveting something that isnt yours. 2 of 10? so to you only murder and one other are important. well i feel that the ones for murder, rape, theft, lying, respecting your parents are all sound advice for a society (within reason of course! some are more guidelines). that is actually 6 of the 10. hence my comment on relevance in the 21st century. if you are going to honestly dispute those arent positive things than you are a sociopath.

muslims didnt found this country. on your logic, if a group who thought raping and murder should be legal gained some popularity here, it would be fine to change it.

Guest bcnjunkie
never once did i say these should all be implemented into laws, as you of course suggested i did

I know that, neither did I suggest that we abolish a code of morality... just not as an affirmation of an outdated code of ethics that has been manipulated over and over and governed by a faith that I may not believe in ....