Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seksu Roba???

Guest emjunkie

Guest emjunkie

Anyone here ever heard of this group? Do you think they could be accepted in the Miami club scene? In case you want to hear some of what they offer you can go here http://www.seksuroba.com/sound.html. I love the group just came from LA and caught their live show thought it was interesting to say the least, wondering if they would be accepted over here though. Any input would greatly appreciated. :)

Guest pod

Seems to be fairly upbeat by the site, despite the fact I couldn't hear any sounds for whatever reason. Link me to some track samples if you can.

The key here is, can you get down and have a good party to this music? Can I have a good soundtrack to my good time out at a party where they are at? I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm just explaining the Miami mindset, which ultimately revolves around going out and having a helluva good time. Miami people want to go out, dance, have a drink or ten, and get it on. 8)

Guest emjunkie

Seems to be fairly upbeat by the site, despite the fact I couldn't hear any sounds for whatever reason. Link me to some track samples if you can.

Hi, Thanks for the comments, you made a lot of good points for me to consider. Here is a link directly to one of their tracks: http://www.seksuroba.com/mp3/seksu_roba_intersexual_od.mp3.

They have a video located here http://www.blastro.com/player/sekurobaintersexualoverdrive.html

Guest coach

Blah, blah, blah, Pod, you know good and well that the "key" here is who you know that gets you gigs. Club managers hire people they know and trust or who are represented by people they know and trust. They have too much invested and too high of overhead to be trying out some new act just because their music is good.

I really like the sound. Very loungy. Keep working on your music, but work on your networking, as well. Expect to take at least a year just meeting people, and that's only if you work it hard, before you really start to get some good gigs, and that is only if you work it hard. You have to be out and about 3-4 nights per week, at least, pressing the flesh and getting your face seen to start to make some inroads in the club scene down here.

I do think you could do well, especially at some of the alternative places like the hotel lounges, Raleigh, Delano, or Townhouse, or a place like Segafredo's, and some of the really loungier lounges or restro-lounges. I don't think it would go in a regular club or bar.

Oh, one other question, do you play live?

Good luck!

Guest emjunkie

Hi guys, thanks for the input all very informative. I am not a member of this group. I get to do a lot of travelling workldwide and every now and then I come across a group in some part of the world that I like this is the first group that I have been really captivated by in a long time and thought they would do good over here possibly. I am not a heavy club goer anymore (getting too old I guess ;)) so unfortunately I do not have the heart beat of the scene any longer which is why I brought it up here. To answer the questions though the group has been around for about four years. They do have a live show and perform primarily on the west coast, the farthest east they have gone is to Chicago. But they have had several European shows as well. Once again thank you all for your responses and taking the time to listen to them. And you're right the video is crazy. ;D