Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Latin Hip-Hop/Raggaeton

Guest slamminshaun

Reggaeton scene would also look better if the ppl doing these videos wouldn't be wearing all those jerseys and shiet...ive seen a cpl videos that they're doing their original thing other than trying "all hard" w/ their sean john wear, ect...leave that w/ the hip hop crew...seems like all the new reggaeton videos r consisting of jerseys and XXXXXXXXLL white Hanes-3 for $10 shirts...

2 thumbs up on the hot chicks that like reggaeton, i know a few...

2 thumbs down @ XXXXXL Hanes....aka fruckinn gay!

Guest Cosmigonon

make no mistake people

FYI

Reggaeton comes from PR. there are other forms of Spanish reggae and ska....but Reggaeton per say, that originated in PR. and it has a history just like hip hop and stuff. Reggae from Argentina, Panama, etc is just Reggae in Spanish, thats a different thing...not the stuff Ivy Queen or Don Dinero play.

I got news for you Norah. What puertoricans call reggaeton, is nothing but Dance Hall Reggae, plain and simple. The first one that started singing it in Spanish was a panamanian by the name of Renato with a rendition of a song called "What police can do" (El Deni), back in '87. Ever since, that music has dominated panamanian airwaves and clubs. puertoricans also started singin it, only they started calling it reggaeton a few years ago, only they use a style called "dembo", which is very old. In Panama they use both "dembo" and "bultron" styles, only puertirocan reggae, a.k.a. reggaeton has become very much popular, specially in the US due to the originality of their compositions, wether panamanian has fallen into a deep hole, due to the lack of original music, nowadays almost all of it are just spanish versions of Jamaican hits, so I'll give credit top the puertoricans, but make no mistake, it is the same thing.

Guest Cosmigonon

Ok, so this thread is not about electronic music and I'm definitely a critic of hip-hop music. But, I just got back from my trip to San Jose, Costa Rica and found my ear caught by a fusion sound I hadn't heard here in the states (with the exception of Ivy Queen). Does anyone know where I can find out about this fusion of hip-hop, latin, and reggae music I heard while in San Jose? I'm interested in finding a website(s), etc. that has a current list popular songs and artists, similar to Ivy Queen.

Can you read Spanish? I'll give a couple of panamanian sites of the ORIGINAL Reggae en Español, el reggae de Panamá.

I can read Spanish better then I can speak it.....I can find my way through a website if you have a few.

OK, here are a few sites for you:

TV shows:

www.reggaemania.tv

www.sincensura.com

Famous producers:

www.elchombo.com

www.djpablito.com

internet radio stations:

www.superqpanama

news and music downloads:

www.reggaecrewpanama.com

www.srlteam.net

pretty soon:

www.reggaepanama.tk

Hope they can be useful 8)

Guest LeVeL

make no mistake people

FYI

Reggaeton comes from PR. there are other forms of Spanish reggae and ska....but Reggaeton per say, that originated in PR. and it has a history just like hip hop and stuff. Reggae from Argentina, Panama, etc is just Reggae in Spanish, thats a different thing...not the stuff Ivy Queen or Don Dinero play.

I got news for you Norah. What puertoricans call reggaeton, is nothing but Dance Hall Reggae, plain and simple. The first one that started singing it in Spanish was a panamanian by the name of Renato with a rendition of a song called "What police can do" (El Deni), back in '87. Ever since, that music has dominated panamanian airwaves and clubs. puertoricans also started singin it, only they started calling it reggaeton a few years ago, only they use a style called "dembo", which is very old. In Panama they use both "dembo" and "bultron" styles, only puertirocan reggae, a.k.a. reggaeton has become very much popular, specially in the US due to the originality of their compositions, wether panamanian has fallen into a deep hole, due to the lack of original music, nowadays almost all of it are just spanish versions of Jamaican hits, so I'll give credit top the puertoricans, but make no mistake, it is the same thing.

Represent Cosmi...Panamanians invented the Gaame.

Guest Cosmigonon

make no mistake people

FYI

Reggaeton comes from PR. there are other forms of Spanish reggae and ska....but Reggaeton per say' date=' that originated in PR. and it has a history just like hip hop and stuff. Reggae from Argentina, Panama, etc is just Reggae in Spanish, thats a different thing...not the stuff Ivy Queen or Don Dinero play.

[/quote']

Represent Cosmi...Panamanians invented the Gaame.

Claro que si mi fren... ;)

Guest LdySphynx

LMAO Cosmi....I don't see El General getting any props for giving us some of the first Reggueton, and thats just wrong!!!! :(

Guest klit

This music was created to torture me. I do not like either styles of music and for somebody to combine them to this stuff is a nightmare :'(

Hopefully nobody ever thinks of combining country and trance together.

Guest LeVeL

i took salsa lessons about a year ago for like 3 months. got pretty good but out of practice who knows if i can still remember the steps :'(

We're talking about Reggaeton here not about Salsal..lol

So where did you get your Salsa Lessons @ Bling? Salsa Lovers ;D

Guest LdySphynx

i took salsa lessons about a year ago for like 3 months. got pretty good but out of practice who knows if i can still remember the steps :'(

We're talking about Reggaeton here not about Salsal..lol

So where did you get your Salsa Lessons @ Bling? Salsa Lovers ;D

YUCK, I can't stand those Fockers when I see them in the Movie Theater ShowBoating if they only knew how ridiculous they look........talk about desperate for business, ge a damn life people.

Guest djtroko

I would gladly help anyone with doubts in this subject. Unfortunately reggaeton has this island (puerto rico) completely dominated. It is used as the anthems by which the people running for governors do their campaigns. It is the most listened music here and everywhere in the island. I have been listening to this music for quite a lot of years now and I have gotten to the point that I hate it. They call it "perreo" also refering to dogs... somehow related to the way it is danced... like dogs making out. Anyways, as already mentioned, Vico-C is one of its pioneers, yet it was more of spanish hip-hop and not so much reggaeton when he ruled. His songs are classics at our parties...

Right now the ones that are hittin the charts are probably :

Don Omar

Wisin

Daddy Yankee

etc....

Good luck listening to this music...

If u wanna hear this shit when it originated try finding these cds:

Playero (37, 38, or greatest hits)

The Noise (<---- anyone, I think they got til # 7 , dont remember)

Guest bcnjunkie

some of it is not bad... new reggaeton and hip hop club opening soon off 58th street and palmetto... although location is a little iffy, it will be a pretty good club for the genre.. you know kind of like La Covacha in the middle of an industrial area

Guest Clarisa

some of it is not bad... new reggaeton and hip hop club opening soon off 58th street and palmetto... although location is a little iffy, it will be a pretty good club for the genre.. you know kind of like La Covacha in the middle of an industrial area

This iffy club is not that iffy. It's actually a good thing in which it will give atarazana some competition. This iffy club is what Master's (the strip joint) used to be. It's now club 1800 and it's owner is a raggaeton artist himself.

Guest Fez

If u wanna hear this shit when it originated try finding these cds:

Playero (37, 38, or greatest hits)

The Noise (<---- anyone, I think they got til # 7 , dont remember)

playero 40 was good...and The Noise went to number 8 ;)

Guest bcnjunkie
This iffy club is not that iffy

I said iffy location not the club.... they actually have quite the line-up and it will have a tight door policy (mainly about dress code)

Guest eljumping

.............check out reggaetonforums.com so you can laugh at all of our local ( PR) rapper wanabbes ;D

ohhhh, and the hottest act right now would be Tito y Hector, not daddy yankee, that was last months news

Guest hedonist

Hopefully nobody ever thinks of combining country and trance together.

You apparently do not remember Cotton Eyed Joe :-X

Guest slamminshaun

As the author of this thread, I am officially killing it. I got the info I need....so now.....KABOOM!!!! There...its officially dead.

Guest web_norah

psst you need to lock the thread if you want it to be over :)

btw i still think there is no reggeaton in Panama

Guest Fez

btw i still think there is no reggeaton in Panama

^^^ whay she said....it belongs to PR :)

and just lock the thread ;)

Guest LdySphynx

^^^ whay she said....it belongs to PR :)

and just lock the thread ;)

Just like they own the American Flag !!!!