Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for a bartending job...with no exp.

Guest lil_liz

Guest lil_liz

sweety try the newtimes online in the classified section for bars and clubs...

and as for what they are saying about being short... pure bullshit... i've been bartending for the past 7 years with NO problem in high volume clubs and i measure in at a whopping 5 foot 2 so don't get discouraged by these guys... i do recommend starting at a small lounge or restaurant until you get some knowledge and speed...

if you need any more advice feel free to pm me ;)

thanks, your a doll ;)

I am getting myself one of those bartending books and researching jobs and what not, but would like your help as to where I should begin looking because I have no experience as a bartender. It would only be a weekend job, still keeping my full time. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

i'm a bartender myself and my advice to you would be to get to know your basic drinks and start bartending at a hotel outside of SOBE. You can get good experience as a bartender in a hotel. The pace is not as fast as a night club. If you have no bartending experience and you get a job at a club you will quit or be fired your first night.

There's more to batetneding then knowing all the recipes becuz you can memorize about a hundred recipes by heart but once someone in a club asks you for 5 different drinks at a time with different combinations of Liquor and Liqeour and there's a line of 10 people behind him, trust me, if you don't have the experince you will forget everything you know..

You have to get used to the differnet kinds of alcohol and what each bottle looks like, how much or how little to pour, bar lingo etc....

Don't make your first bartending experience a bad one.

Invest $400 into a bartending school like SOBE bartending school. It's a 2 week course and well worth it. I now bartend only 4 days a week and I bring in at least $200 a day working at a pool side bad at a hotel on the beach from 10am-6pm and I love it....

I will take your advice on starting at a Hotel, however I am not going to get seriously into it. I have a full time job in which I am doing what I got a bachelors in school, it's just something that I need to stay afloat until I go back to Chicago Memorial Weekend. In other words a legal way of getting more money quick.

have u tryed cocktail waitressing? ...its legal, make decent money if u dont mind been around semi/nude chicks all night

Guest Hyype

you can call 305.932.1416 any day of the week after 4pm and ask if they have any openings... if hired you'd most likely be working a 10pm - 3am shift wearing clothes that don't reveal your privates...

as suggested above, this would be a huge step for you if you plan on becoming a bartender sometime soon... learn your drinks, learn how to put up with customers, get used to your new schedule first and then see if you still wanna do it... anyway, name of the place is 'ivy' and it's located in loehmann's plaza in aventura... good luck ;D

Guest lil_liz

have u tryed cocktail waitressing? ...its legal, make decent money if u dont mind been around semi/nude chicks all night

haha, I wouldn't mind that at all ;) ;D

Guest raverdoll

Shit she's back from the dead. 5' 2" is an exaggeration though. Stop lying, you're no higher than 5'! ;D

be nice Dan!!!!

:) i cant sleep.....

i've been browsing the galleries, your pics rock!!!!

Guest Cool_Kat

I've always wondered if the bartending schools are worth it. $500 bucks for the one or two week program with hands on experience and they will help place you somewhere. I just don't know if they actually work out as well as they advertise ???

I'm a bartender, went to school, everybody in the industry that will be your future employer laughs at bartending schools, if you have no experience, try getting hired in a tiki bar or something so you can get the experience, then you need to go eventually build up speed, maybe service bar in a restaurant, no high volume night club will hire you without experience and speed... I could go on an on.. also bartending school does not teach you what the real industry is like, completely different world... have fun!