Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's All Over

Guest coach

Guest LdySphynx

All you people threatening to move, please do.

I'm not a Bush fan, I'm not a Kerry fan. One of the nice things about living here is that you can't be jailed for that, not yet anyhow. Rather than throw in the towel, I'd rather stay and fight for the ideals our founding fathers laid down over 200 years ago. Real Americans fight for their rights, other "civilized" peoples settle for extra Vaseline.

And by fight I mean get out there and do something about it.

My thoughts exactly Pod.....

I posted this earlier in Junkie Chat, but I guess a few people don't browse through there so here is my concession speech....

Now I am not happy with the outcome of these elections, but I least I went out voted and I feel proud of myself...I am rested and was able to get alot of things out of my mind!!!

Now I am still an American and dam proud of it and i'm not planning on leaving anytime soon....even if I don't agree with 80% of my president's beliefs & desicions!!!

Now, I guess all I can do is just sit back and hope for the best...and see if in 2008 my votes really counts!!!

Now I am the first to say that we are screwed, but to say that we Deserve it....come on thats like saying that we deserved to have Sept. 11th happen, that in its self sounds a little terrorist to me.

So Congrats to the Replublicans you guys won Fair & Square!!!!

Hey I admit when I have been beaten, even if I don't like it...but thats just me!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest somefiercehouse

we got out there and voted....we thought we DID try to do something......if there is something else that can be done, then by all means please let me know.

there are many things you can do right here locally. write to your local comminssioners, representatives and etc. for things you feel need to be taken to a higher power. that's why they are in those positions to represent us

Thank you for the info....I'm with lil liz.......i'm not trying to be anti-america or anything like that, this just isn't the greatest way to start a day ya know.

Guest somefiercehouse

I'm not a Bush fan, I'm not a Kerry fan. One of the nice things about living here is that you can't be jailed for that, not yet anyhow. Rather than throw in the towel, I'd rather stay and fight for the ideals our founding fathers laid down over 200 years ago. Real Americans fight for their rights, other "civilized" peoples settle for extra Vaseline.

My thoughts exactly Pod.....

I posted this earlier in Junkie Chat, but I guess a few people don't browse through there so here is my concession speech....

Now I am not happy with the outcome of these elections, but I least I went out voted and I feel proud of myself...I am rested and was able to get alot of things out of my mind!!!

Now I am still an American and dam proud of it and i'm not planning on leaving anytime soon....even if I don't agree with 80% of my president's beliefs & desicions!!!

Now, I guess all I can do is just sit back and hope for the best...and see if in 2008 my votes really counts!!!

Now I am the first to say that we are screwed, but to say that we Deserve it....come on thats like saying that we deserved to have Sept. 11th happen, that in its self sounds a little terrorist to me.

So Congrats to the Replublicans you guys won Fair & Square!!!!

Hey I admit when I have been beaten, even if I don't like it...but thats just me!!!

Time Marches On.........

Guest lyrik

No offense to you people - some I know and have met - but I am sick of this "I'm leaving" bullshit - we live in the GREATEST country in the world...you want to leave and see how much greener it is on the other side....then by all means go and don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out - America is better off without you. I am proud to live in this country and I am proud to be AMERICAN through and through and to stand by other Americans whether they be democrats, republicans or whatever. You are all entitled to voice your opinions as affored under the rights of this country - but if you want to forsake those rights and the freedoms we have - please by all means do it from another country like so many of you have vehemently voiced....leave the real Americans here to stick together through good and bad and to work at making OUR country and better place to live in (even if you don't agree with current policy and administration). Its so convenient for people to sit here and say they love this country when their pockets are full and times are not tough, but look how easy some of you want to run and start comdemning the very place that you call home when a struggle occurs. Speak out against the govt - fine...speak out about the laws...be an activist - tree hugger or whatever, but the moment you start to renounce your own country is the moment you need to step back and think or get the F! out. If there is anything that people should take from this election is that America is too divided and its time to come together as an American people regardless of politcal partisianship and work to put us back on the right road. Nothing ever gets done if all you do is complain about it.

Guest LdySphynx

No offense to you people - some I know and have met - but I am sick of this "I'm leaving" bullshit - we live in the GREATEST country in the world...you want to leave and see how much greener it is on the other side....then by all means go and don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out - America is better off without you. I am proud to live in this country and I am proud to be AMERICAN through and through and to stand by other Americans whether they be democrats, republicans or whatever. You are all entitled to voice your opinions as affored under the rights of this country - but if you want to forsake those rights and the freedoms we have - please by all means do it from another country like so many of you have vehemently voiced....leave the real Americans here to stick together through good and bad and to work at making OUR country and better place to live in (even if you don't agree with current policy and administration). Its so convenient for people to sit here and say they love this country when their pockets are full and times are not tough, but look how easy some of you want to run and start comdemning the very place that you call home when a struggle occurs. Speak out against the govt - fine...speak out about the laws...be an activist - tree hugger or whatever, but the moment you start to renounce your own country is the moment you need to step back and think or get the F! out. If there is anything that people should take from this election is that America is too divided and its time to come together as an American people regardless of politcal partisianship and work to put us back on the right road. Nothing ever gets done if all you do is complain about it.

AMEN...........!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest rollyp66

I was just joking, I wouldn't go anywhere else....this is the greatest country in the world to live in.

Guest pod

What Lyrik said.

You wanna leave? Fine. Go learn to speak French or German. You can't get away with being mono-lingual like you can here in Miami. Their systems are flawed too. Nanny states if you will. I'm not throwing in the towel, however. We still haven't lost our right to fight.

Guest bcnjunkie

In all honesty, run for office yourselves :) .... Not President right away, but do something local at the city or state level! I might just take a stab at it in the near future.

I already told you, you got my vote

Guest jbit

Lets realect a man that has taken hundreds of billions of our money and killed thousands of our men and woman to go on a witch hunt for WMD that never existed (against the opinion on the UN I might add), overthrough and setup and interim democratic governement that will never succed because its own members are being killed quicker than they can sign up. Saddam had absolutely NO links to al-quida (although Im sure they shared the same ideology, but so does sudan+afghanastan).

Now we were stuck giving another $100 billion (that we dont have) to support people and stabilize a country that hates us.

Good Call!!!!

Guest lyrik

I was just joking, I wouldn't go anywhere else....this is the greatest country in the world to live in.

Thats right damnit...and besides you can't leave without me buying some shots to return the favor!

Guest trancelator

4 years is a long time :(

Exactly. This is what I was saying before. We can't afford to wait four years under the current circumstances with our economy. It's a very long time if things get much worse.

Guest jbit

There is no best or worst country, its all relative. ;)

Tell that to the people going through ethinic cleansing in Sudan or the people of Kosovo under Milosovic.

Stick to what you know holms, politics obviously isnt it.

Guest tres-b

Exactly.

Lyrik made some solid points as well. No matter who is in the White House, there is no better place to live than right here in the United States.

Dont joke about leaving. Get out and do something to change where you live for the better. ;)

Guest Seb

There is no best or worst country, its all relative. ;)

Tell that to the people going through ethinic cleansing in Sudan or the people of Kosovo under Milosovic.

Stick to what you know holms, politics obviously isnt it.

All I'm saying is that you should never think that your shit doesn't stink. Theres always room for improvement. The US could learn from other countries just like other countries can learn from the US. When I say it's relative that means relative to your situation. A poor person in Swedan might be better off than a poor person in the US because of higher std or living, socialized health etc. You can't make a statement like "The US is the best place to live in the world" with out living in every other country on earth. Your opinion is based on what you see on TV and hear from the media which is someone else telling you how it is. :)

Guest jbit

[Your opinion is based on what you see on TV and hear from the media which is someone else telling you how it is. :)

Opinion? Too many late nights has warped your perception of reality.

Give me the an example of one person that would trade spots with someone in Darfur right now. Facing ethnic cleansing or starvation, does it get worse than that?

Guest Seb

OK so there are worse places to be, I agree but that doesn't make this place the best by default. I've seen both ends of the spectrum. I've lived in Canada most of my life which is a great place to live by most definations except for the weather. I've also lived in Boliva which is probably one of the worst places to live, especially if your poor. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the US. I think its a great country for opportunity, thats why I'm here. The point is that every country has something different to offer and if you actually spent some time in other countries you would see that. :)

Guest JMT

im watching Kerry's speech. he is going out gracefully.

edwards on the other hand, didnt. still refusing to give up the partisan tone.

Guest tres-b

im watching Kerry's speech. he is going out gracefully.

edwards on the other hand, didnt. still refusing to give up the partisan tone.

Kerry is a class guy. I disagree w/ most of his politics but he is a good guy. Edwards is a lawyer with a big ego. I would have expected nothing more than that from him based on what I have seen.

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah at least Kerry went out as a gentleman, which is more than Bush could ever hope to be.

Bush could've been out there all night gloating that he won, but didn't. Both men acted like gentlemen. As far as everyone saying they're going to move out of the country....I call your bluff. Why do you even say that? It's dumb to say. I'm still waiting for the Baldwin's to move to France like they said they would if Bush was elected in 2000. I guess moving takes a while huh?