Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Underground Miami: Have you heard??

Guest biznation00

Guest trancelator

Mauro Picotto was the last dj that I saw do an excellent job in the main room. Morillo did it as well when I saw him there. Very few dj's can pull it off imo. That room requires relentless, chaotic goodness to make great use of the lighting system, the sound system, the kryogenifex and the horn.

Guest ramon

Mauro Picotto was the last dj that I saw do an excellent job in the main room. Morillo did it as well when I saw him there. Very few dj's can pull it off imo. That room requires relentless, chaotic goodness to make great use of the lighting system, the sound system, the kryogenifex and the horn.

i'd love to see hawtin play at space .. the kids would not know what hit them. :)

unfortunately there's better chances of me winning the lottery than this happening.

Guest ddg

Howells in Miami...

Well, It's a matter of die-hard tastes, really.. those trancehedz who are convinced Danny Howells in the main room sucks are, well.. convinced... (not to say deafened by their dominant favorite sounds) but then again, its a matter of appreciation of dif styles.

I wasn't there personally for Howellwink in Oct, but I was there when they came in the summer, on July 3rd I believe. I must say, that night was AWESOME!! Both Howells and Wink had an excellent night! The main room was hoppin, and the vibe was amazing.

Now also keep in mind that for some reason, not all dj's are at their best shape or form sometimes when they play miami, who knows why... but I can say I have seen howells in numerous sets outside MIA, in NY, Philadelphia and even once in DC; and he has consistently torn the roof off wherever he spins..

I for one, I'm real glad he got a GU, and that its in Miami...

He is truly one of the friendliest djs out there, always sharing and in close contact w us; despite the rad/punk/bad boy looks of his style these days... lol

.- 8)

That's cuz in the big room at Space they're forced to play harder stuff. Most prog DJ's like Howells sound better in medium sized venues or spaces like the patio at Space from what I've observed.....

you sir are absolutely correct..few dj's can spin in the main room..tech, tribal, hard house or trance dj's can pull it off, but few prog dj's can..

although, I was told that Hernan did a fantastic job the last time he spinned..

I personally did not like Howells in the main room, but his patio set was fantastic.

hernan crushed the main room last time... 8) 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Howells in Miami...

Well, It's a matter of die-hard tastes, really.. those trancehedz who are convinced Danny Howells in the main room sucks are, well.. convinced... (not to say deafened by their dominant favorite sounds) but then again, its a matter of appreciation of dif styles.

I wasn't there personally for Howellwink in Oct, but I was there when they came in the summer, on July 3rd I believe. I must say, that night was AWESOME!! Both Howells and Wink had an excellent night! The main room was hoppin, and the vibe was amazing.

Now also keep in mind that for some reason, not all dj's are at their best shape or form sometimes when they play miami, who knows why... but I can say I have seen howells in numerous sets outside MIA, in NY, Philadelphia and even once in DC; and he has consistently torn the roof off wherever he spins..

He is truly one of the friendliest djs out there, always sharing and in close contact w us; despite the rad/punk/bad boy looks of his style these days... lol

.- 8)

That's cuz in the big room at Space they're forced to play harder stuff. Most prog DJ's like Howells sound better in medium sized venues or spaces like the patio at Space from what I've observed.....

you sir are absolutely correct..few dj's can spin in the main room..tech, tribal, hard house or trance dj's can pull it off, but few prog dj's can..

I personally did not like Howells in the main room, but his patio set was fantastic.

I bet he did....

Howells in Miami...

.- 8)

:o :o :o :o :o

yes he did........ ;D

Howells in the mainroom sucks ass...

not really .. at the old space in 02 in october i think it was.

fuckin wicked night.

When?! Ohh 2002.........

comeon Ramon :)

Guest klubveteran

The GU guys are @ it again & finally we'll see a Global Underground Miami album by none other than Danny Howells!

For this album they've captured locals, industry & then some.. you'll see lots of familiar faces, including some familiar spots like Space & lil' Havana in the DVD & liner notes.

GU Danny Howells Miami should be an amazing production. I was fortunate & honored to be a part of watchin' a big part of the project come together & if a lot of you were @ Space during HowellWink, then you were to! ;)

Dom, Dean, Chris, Andy & Danny,

Thanks for the experience!

www.globalunderground.co.uk

www.dannyhowells.com

why cant it be Global undergorund Hialeah? ???

Guest mp3some

The GU guys are @ it again & finally we'll see a Global Underground Miami album by none other than Danny Howells!

For this album they've captured locals, industry & then some.. you'll see lots of familiar faces, including some familiar spots like Space & lil' Havana in the DVD & liner notes.

GU Danny Howells Miami should be an amazing production. I was fortunate & honored to be a part of watchin' a big part of the project come together & if a lot of you were @ Space during HowellWink, then you were to! ;)

Dom, Dean, Chris, Andy & Danny,

Thanks for the experience!

www.globalunderground.co.uk

www.dannyhowells.com

why cant it be Global undergorund Hialeah? ???

LOL!!!!!

Nah, they're saving that one for grooveric's Global Underground Debut!!~! ;D

Guest junglesmacks

Didn't Howells suck really bad that night (more than on previous occasions) and it was Josh Wink that had to rescue the night? ;D

wait wait wait.. Wink played first and all around it was "When is Danny coming on??" after the repetitive monotonous shlub got old.. ;)

Guest biznation00

kinda hard to describe.. had a similar lil' tech/electro sound in it, sorda like Steve Bug's - "november girl". It really stood out.

That's about as best a description that I can remember.

it wasn't steve bug's mix of the freaks - creeps was it?

or maybe dk7 - the difference (martin landsky mix) ?

maybe it was if those 2 tracks you mentioned were played during the 1st 30 min. of his set.

linus loves - stand back (mylo's pastel bronco mix?)

also .. GU:MIAMI 3.29.05

Thanks for the id Ray.. gonna check with Roly about that track n see if it's in his stash... ;)

generic.jpg