Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AMBIEN?

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Guest lyrik

I have had insomnia for as long as I can remember...was so bad that I couldn't even work a 1st shift job because I couldn't fall asleep until 5-6 am. I've tried them all...percs, vico, ambien, soma, tylenol pm, nyquil etc etc etc...all of it is just temporary and you build up a tolerance while destroying your kidneys and liver. When I moved to Florida it was the 1 st time I had actually held a day job and it was hell for the 1st 2 years...I still can't fall asleep before 1-2am. The best thing I can say is keep yourself busy all day (maybe even join a gym)....it really is a mind thing, especially if you are going through a tough time for whatever personal issues that might be goign on in your life....when that type of stuff happens it amplifies the insomnia x10. Thoughts just race through your head non-stop. Having a TV on in the same room while you are trying to sleep can actually help...just make sure its tuned to something you really don't want to watch and have the volume turned down low. Other than that its just something that in time will reduce in severity as you let go of the stress that is causing it to be more intense. I truly believe that people that really do have this disorder never fully get over it and it is just more of a management of the disorder - as opposed to a full recovery from it. If you take the drug route (quick fix) just make sure you do not do it for extended lengths of time becuase you'll just end up creating a more severe types of sleep disorder...just like was said you'll start to have fucked up nightmares, night sweats (cold sweats), memory loss, nutritional depletion, organ damage, breathing problems...and more - trust me I have had it all trying to get over it...just remember all the drugs and medications are just a quick fix to a much larger issue and the best way to combat it is to learn how to cope and manage it and get yourself in a routine.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

i'd try exercise in any form, yoga, walking etc...

and if i were you i'd stay away from alcohol

Not a drinker, but I definately agree on the exercise. I have consider going for walks at 1-2 am while I am still tossing and turning in my bed.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

I have had insomnia for as long as I can remember...was so bad that I couldn't even work a 1st shift job because I couldn't fall asleep until 5-6 am. I've tried them all...percs, vico, ambien, soma, tylenol pm, nyquil etc etc etc...all of it is just temporary and you build up a tolerance while destroying your kidneys and liver. When I moved to Florida it was the 1 st time I had actually held a day job and it was hell for the 1st 2 years...I still can't fall asleep before 1-2am. The best thing I can say is keep yourself busy all day (maybe even join a gym)....it really is a mind thing, especially if you are going through a tough time for whatever personal issues that might be goign on in your life....when that type of stuff happens it amplifies the insomnia x10. Thoughts just race through your head non-stop. Having a TV on in the same room while you are trying to sleep can actually help...just make sure its tuned to something you really don't want to watch and have the volume turned down low. Other than that its just something that in time will reduce in severity as you let go of the stress that is causing it to be more intense. I truly believe that people that really do have this disorder never fully get over it and it is just more of a management of the disorder - as opposed to a full recovery from it. If you take the drug route (quick fix) just make sure you do not do it for extended lengths of time becuase you'll just end up creating a more severe types of sleep disorder...just like was said you'll start to have fucked up nightmares, night sweats (cold sweats), memory loss, nutritional depletion, organ damage, breathing problems...and more - trust me I have had it all trying to get over it...just remember all the drugs and medications are just a quick fix to a much larger issue and the best way to combat it is to learn how to cope and manage it and get yourself in a routine.

So funny as I read that I just heard all of my thoughts crossing like as if I had typed this entire entry myself. You are so right and I know I just have to cope. It is very rough when you are already having issues and you have a job as high stress and fast paced as I do. Thank you so much for your awesome advice. :) Oh and the nightsweats are the WORST. I have totally ruined my expensive pillow cases.

Guest MELI2444

i'd try exercise in any form, yoga, walking etc...

and if i were you i'd stay away from alcohol

Alcohol actually works for me. Just as long as it's not mixed with Red Bull. Wine knocks me the hell out. ;D

Guest lyrik

So funny as I read that I just heard all of my thoughts crossing like as if I had typed this entire entry myself. You are so right and I know I just have to cope. It is very rough when you are already having issues and you have a job as high stress and fast paced as I do. Thank you so much for your awesome advice. :) Oh and the nightsweats are the WORST. I have totally ruined my expensive pillow cases.

Cope and get busy and above all try to have FUN again. I know that job stress and personal crap in your life can pull you down, but if you let it consume you at makes everything worse...it looks like you know some good people from the boards...have fun this weekend - they'll take care of you and make sure you are having a good time - especially up at Delux. If I didn't live so far I'd be there every Friday...Mirza and Vaughan have offered me their couches to crash on more than once...but that drive home in the morning is a killer.

Guest MELI2444

The TV has been working for me. I end up falling asleep watching it.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Cope and get busy and above all try to have FUN again. I know that job stress and personal crap in your life can pull you down, but if you let it consume you at makes everything worse...it looks like you know some good people from the boards...have fun this weekend - they'll take care of you and make sure you are having a good time - especially up at Delux. If I didn't live so far I'd be there every Friday...Mirza and Vaughan have offered me their couches to crash on more than once...but that drive home in the morning is a killer.

You are so right about it all and I do have some awesome friends IC3 being must best she takes great care of me and her boyfriend Patrick aka translater is an awesome person as well. I do intend on getting my life back to level where I can smile and truly mean it. I do hope to meet you one day soon you really seem to be on the same level as myself.

Guest LeVeL

Am I the only moron that this shit does not work for? Insomnia is hell! ??? ??? :-[ :'(

Why dont you smoke yourself a joint of crippy and then you'll be out for sure... ::)

Guest lyrik

TV has been the best for me...I just have to make sure I don't put on something I am interested in - otherwise I end up watching it until it ends...which is usually like 3-4am.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Am I the only moron that this shit does not work for? Insomnia is hell! ??? ??? :-[ :'(

Why dont you smoke yourself a joint of crippy and then you'll be out for sure... ::)

Sad to say I considered that because I was so desperate but I don't smoke and I really would love to have it help naturally. My friend here at work told me about this herb but I can't remember how to pronounce it.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

TV has been the best for me...I just have to make sure I don't put on something I am interested in - otherwise I end up watching it until it ends...which is usually like 3-4am.

I'll shoot for that tonight, I just hate it cause I never sleep solid with noise in the background. Well aside from the night I slept at Irene's while they had a Delux after party at their house. Hmmmmmmm that was my Zoloft and some daquiries she made me. HeeHee!

Guest lyrik

You are so right about it all and I do have some awesome friends IC3 being must best she takes great care of me and her boyfriend Patrick aka translater is an awesome person as well. I do intend on getting my life back to level where I can smile and truly mean it. I do hope to meet you one day soon you really seem to be on the same level as myself.

For sure - I'll catch ya out sometime, just hang in there. You are not wrong for feeling the way you do - its only natural and time is the best healer. I met Patrick for the second time, I believe, last weekend...I don't think I have met his girl yet though and Mirza is good friend that I made off the boards... a lot of good people on here...more so than you would expect. So get out and just meet some new people and have a good time.

Guest LaLeeBeaN

For sure - I'll catch ya out sometime, just hang in there. You are not wrong for feeling the way you do - its only natural and time is the best healer. I met Patrick for the second time, I believe, last weekend...I don't think I have met his girl yet though and Mirza is good friend that I made off the boards... a lot of good people on here...more so than you would expect. So get out and just meet some new people and have a good time.

Yup I know Marcus from Patrick and Irene. He's a cutie and very sweet. Patrick is a great guy too so damn funny very entertaining. And his girlfriend Irene is the most awesome person I know you should definately get an intro to her.

Guest MELI2444
Why dont you smoke yourself a joint of crippy and then you'll be out for sure...

werd...what i do is master to the Jcpenny Christmas Catalog...after i blow my load...i sleep like a baby.... :P

That was nasty. >:(

Sad to say I considered that because I was so desperate but I don't smoke and I really would love to have it help naturally. My friend here at work told me about this herb but I can't remember how to pronounce it.

Try melatonin

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Try melatonin

I will have to look into that. Thanks!

Guest LeVeL

If ya can't sleep at night good sex will knock you right out

yeah this is so true..and also POP a Rufee or anything like that...lol